Do yourself a favor and give Captain Disillusion a watch on YouTube

Do yourself a favor and give Captain Disillusion a watch on YouTube.
His videos are highly underrated only nailing about 500k-1.1mil views a vid despite his hard work and 10 years on YouTube.

His whole shtick is debunking viral videos (that are often just SFX/CGI) and some conspiracies.

His production is amazing, he's pretty fucking intelligent (despite the looks trust me), and he's also got some edgyness to him. He's not afraid to speak his mind on most of his subjects, and isn't worried about offending people.

This dude is amazing, and is actually one of my favorite YouTubers. He only has 600k subs, and I feel he deserves much more.

My recommends would be

>The Mandaellah Effekt
>Circret Bracelet Debunk
>Gateway to Sedona Debunk
>Floating City Debunk
>Time Travel Debunk
>The Undebunkable

thanks

I hope that was genuine and not sarcastic

I also forgot, he's pretty funny too.
There's a sense of 80s-90s nostlagia if you Sup Forumsoys or Sup Forumsirls are into that

Well aware of his channel on the YT - I'm a fan and a subscriber. And baffled he hasn't got more viewers.

He's been around for ten effin' years.

I know! I just recently became a fan due to the h3h3 podcast featuring him, and the dude was so insightful I had to watch his other shit.

His VFX might even be better than someone like FreddieW and THAT dude is huge; but somehow Capt. Dis. Has been overlooked for so long.

That's why I'm hoping to get some people, even if only a couple, to know this guy.

His content is amazing.

>I just recently became a fan due to the h3h3 podcast
fucking newfag, welcome to the internet

Someone tried pushing him on /x/ - the responses were so amazingly shrill and angry.
It's depressing when people are unwilling to let go of their preconceptions and embrace the possiblities of reality.

Whatever, not even mad.
Late af sure, I can admit that, but otherwise I never would have found him.

So for that, gotta give props to the h3h3 podcast.

I can only assume people who hate this dude are either
A.) People who don't know who he is so draw assumptions based on appearance (which time and time again has proved to be fucking stupid)
B.) Had their viral videos debunked
C.) We're duped into believing the viral videos and are scared to have their beliefs challenged in any way

ive been watching his vids for a while as a lurker but i only just subbed now cuz of this thread

Great!

Same faggot

Killbill wearing silver surfer fuck

Nah, I'm not that desperate to make a point, plus you can't self bump your own threads anymore, so there'd be no point to samefagging.
Also this reply is mine.

And yet he's probably smarter than you :/

Same boat. Just discovered CD and cant believe he doesnt have more recognition than he does. A lot of effort goes into every vidya and his character is great. I went diamonds when he had beakman on debunking permanent magnet motors. Hngggghh.

Started watching him, occasionally entertaining but more often than not his attempts at humor fall flat.

Yeah, that shit was bad ass
I don't laugh at every joke he makes, for sure. But humor falling flat? Couldn't disagree more.

I enjoy his dry humor. Better than 70 percent of YouTube's attempt at humor.

Newfag telling a Newfag he is a Newfag told by this Newfag, if only this was as simple as inception.

500k-1.1mil views a vid
>underrated
He only has 600k subs
>ONLY

fuck off idiot

Kek

>And baffled he hasn't got more viewers.
saturated market
no publicity
never heard of him before this thread and I don't intend to watch, now
I have other things to do like shitpost on Sup Forums and the quality of my shitposting would go down if I were to split my attention
replace shitposting with literally any activity and apply to others
basically someone else has to turn you onto it and you also have to be polite enough not to ignore them

He put up good videos then he vanished and uploaded irregularly.
Seems he went the way of the toy channel, emotional eric and homestarrunner.

Dumb fag checkd. Nice trips faggot.

Agreed. I love his videos

Nice trips
Also
>600k was super impressive maybe 5-8 years ago, now a lot of channels normally jump from 300k-1mil subs no problem.
>600k is impressive in current year for people who have been on the platform more recently, but as someone who has been grinding for 10 years on good content, this is anomalous
Also
Do you go through life being that mad at something this trivial on Sup Forums?

Honesty appreciated.
Quality of your human worth; low.

Criticism acknowledge, but that's not worthy of an unsub, or not subbing, Imo.

Tl;dr

Uploading no content is worthy of not watching.
If you want to build an audience you have to give them a reason to stay.

Not bad OP not bad, thanks

But he does upload, albeit infrequently.
Seems to me your problem is more personal, having an issue that he isn't uploading at a rate/schedule you'd prefer.

is he really half metal?

No problem, if you like it enough tell your friends.

i would if i had any

Of course he is, why else would the bottom of his face be silver? C'mon, use your brain.

... Oh, sorry.

that's amazing :D

Got 'im.

No, its about 95% percent metal. His dick is always as hard as steal.

He's also a superhero!
Not to forget he also fucks a giant mouth.

>albeit infrequently
There's the issue. I did used to watch him, then he vanished for 6 months or a year.
This isn't about it being personal problem, it's the reason why he's struggling to boost sub numbers. Get a schedule and people will see regular reasons to watch content.
Do it now and then and don't complain with a static sub number.

i bet he gets all the sex!

Thanks b/ro, they are in fact pretty good.

nah but really if you really want to help the guy get on his patreon

So thats why im never getting laid. Unsub if u have not been laid in the previous 10 years.

It's obvious it's you faggot go shill your channel somewhere else

when i get the sex it's fantastic. and the girl likes it too. did the sex at least 35 times already.

the fact that he has been around for 10 years and still doesnt really have THAT many viewers is astounding.
im guessing its because he doesnt advertise himself as your typical youtuber. you know, the whole "young and hip" type shit.

I can see your point. I just think it's silly to care that much.
I mean, this isn't Television, it's YouTube; these creators aren't obligated to provide us with a constant stream of entertainment. (Though you can make the argument they should if they want a bigger audience.)

But eh, I've dealt with worse.
Filthy Frank use to go on long hiatus after long hiatus, but it was still awesome getting new videos in between.
And Dunkey currently takes months to release vids at a time, but I don't care about that either.

If you liked it that much, you'd stick around.
And the cool part is you don't actively have to wait, you can do plenty of other things on the internet or watch, hey, other YouTubers in the mean time.

That's why it seems silly to me just because he uploads so sparsely you'd leave.
It's just nonsensical when compared to the convenience and lack of work with just staying subbed.

It'd be like me deleting MS Paint from my computer just because I rarely ever use it (using faulty logic like it's unnecessary space), and installing it whenever I so happen to need it VS me just letting it sit in my computer and going to it whenever I need or it's convenient

The h3 podcast is such shit. If Ethan wasnt able to get decent guests it would be terrible. His personality is not meant for long form conversation like that, and he is horrible at improvisational banter. It just hit 50 episodes so maybe he will get better, but as of now its so amateur.

If u wanna hit on OP. Thats not him, thats me.

No prob!
I actually did, not immediately after I found him, but I subscribe to his Patron.

Captain Disillusion is severely underrated.

I disagree af; I feel his strongest dialogue is in Podcast vs his normal goofs.
But then again, been an h3h3 fan for years, so I dig Ethan's personality.

I also don't listen to podcasts; which is why I like Ethan's so much, it's visual, casual and fun.
The only other person I mildly enjoy is Roegan, but he's been doing it so long it's almost as if he can have it go any way he wants.

So, meh.

The only thing I don't like is the ghost stories. That to me is just a shit addition that should be removed from the series completely; so it's not a perfect podcast.

No it's like someone in a niche market who infrequently uploads who's surprised that infrequency doesn't pull more viewers.
This isn't about my watching, it's about OP being surprised he has only 600k subs.
Debate it all you want but when it comes to online content, new things will take the place of old things.

Lmao bottom comment is mine too.

Cucked.

Meant to post this with that

only nailing about 500k-1.1mil views a vid

Under rated my ass

I've seen YouTubers do worse with more subs (outside/including being on hiatus or uploading infrequently)

That's the reason I can't and won't agree with you.

It's not surprising as it is more disappointing.

Thats fair. I listen to a lot of stand up comedians' podcasts, and they tend to have pretty 'confident' personalities, where Ethan comes across as awkward to me. But I did sub to captain disillusion because of his podcast. And I like his dog when it isn't eating its own shit.

Already explained that here

Niche market.

I do listen to comedian podcasts like Burr, Segura, etc. And I do agree with you, they have very dominant personalities compared to Ethan's more friendly and PC one, so I understand how his podcast could be bad. So Cha feel for sure.

I'm not gonna lie, I hate Shredder. :/ I'm a dog person too, but I feel like the inclusion of Shredder and the way they push him to be a part of the h3h3 experience seems kinda unnecessary to me. TBH.

Niche is a word.

>Why doesn't he have more than 600k subs?
Niche market and infrequent posts.
>How dare you answer
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lmao, it wasn't at all that serious, I just disagreed with you.
But I guess you're reaction to my posts was a bit... (What word did you use?)
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE

All the yes

>not knowing when to and not to use green.txt
welcome newfriend
plz lurk maor
or fuck off to here

>dat bait

You seem awfully defensive. Is this the best way to promo?

Defensive?
As I've said before, I simply disagreed with you, but somehow you seem to get increasingly more upset I didn't give you the reaction you wanted.

Sorry kid lmao if this was personal to you I'm sorry, but I wasn't that invested in our discussion