I'm having a hard time explaining why I think Imagine Dragons are bad

>Be me
>Friends don't have the worst taste in music, but it is a bit questionable
>They start saying that Imagine Dragons are a decent band
>I hate them and say they're bad
>Tell them I'd rather listen to Twenty One Pilots (not a band I like)
>They don't get it
>I try to explain why I hate them so much
>I can't/they don't get it

What do I say? Someone please help me out with formulating myself

There's nothing at all interesting or original about them. They're not honest, they're bland arenacore designed to appeal to the maximum number of people

That's apparently not a valid criticism. They say I value creativity too much

They are the definition of a sellout band. Their first album had 3 catchy decent songs that were exploited until no one could listen them voluntarily. The other songs on the album were plain bad, and the b-sides are unlistenable underproduced garbage.

they're painfully generic it fucking hurts

They are so sellout, they sold the same song to both pes and fifa

"I don't like them" should be reason enough to not like a band

Uhhhhhhh

Music is indirect communication. The first step is the artist communicates a message to the work, and the second is the work communicates to the audience. Shit like imagine dragons is faking the first step to just sell records instead of actually saying something

MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE
MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE
MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE

If there's one band that's actually emotionally dishonest, it's this

Are you trying to stop them listening to Imagine Dragons or are you just wanting them to understand where you're coming from?

Having a shared taste in music with your friends is an amazing feeling but don't get too worked up on the fact they'll listen to shit cause they probably think your taste is shit too.

Is this at all relevant?

They don't think my taste is bad, and I'm not trying to prevent them from listening. They just don't think my criticism is valid

I'd just say they're fairly generic pop designed to tune out songs that will chart successfully. I'd also give them recommendations of better music sorta like 'oh i get it now there are much better alternatives'

le bump

I'm going to go slog through an Imagine Dragons album and get back to you

Wow, damn

Done yet?

Show them some true patrician music

Super overproduced

this user died trying to listen to a Imagine Dragons album, RIP

that's weird. this band relies on a formula and production polish. there's nothing exciting about that. why bother with this sort of music?

I've given up on those kind of debates long ago. It just makes you seem like an asshole, let plebs enjoy what they want and change subjects