Eurorack ambient

>eurorack ambient

is this a thing now? had to happen i suppose when all the industrial/noise dudes realised actually making techno is a bit harder than they thought

I have almost never seen a modular collector make remotely good music.

Keith Emerson, perhaps?

it's mostly techno guys making good tunes on eurorack. pretty sure most academic electronic is made with custom dsp now.

Yeah true, but there are some artists that make some proper good stuff that's not techno.

Jan Nemecek, Keith Fullerton Whitman and Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith for example, can't remember any more on the top of my head.

As far as techno goes there's shitloads of good artists that utilize modular gear. But it shouldn't really matter, because it's just another piece of gear.

deadmau5.

But then again, he uses software as well.

Venetian Snares

Richard Devine, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe, Nathan Moody, Datach'i, Kaitlin Aurelia Smith, RDJ himself (and those are just the well known ones)

Modular hater BTFO

But there's alot of eurorack users that don't do any good music at all. So it is kind of understandable that he takes this stance.

Yeah usually the case when you look up synth demos as well. All these people with all this incredible equipment yet can't produce anything musical.

Well yeah if you look on the cat forum at least half of the people who get into it are rich midlife crisis "I never learned to play an instrument" tier. But it's unfair to dismiss the actual artists that are making good music just because eurorack has become a fashion statement

Yeah true.

I make music with an Octatrack and 7U Eurorack case.
What seriously annoys me is when I'm booked for a gig or when I'm releasing some music on a label the Eurorack thing is always mentioned. I mean, no one would advertise a concert and mention that the artist is using an MS-20 or something. Like who fucking cares.

I think it's because people have this perception of any modular music being this conceptual process music kind of thing. That tends to be true live or if you do a lot of self generating stuff where the setup of the system can influence the music a lot but you don't have to use it that way and a lot of people don't.

Yeah, I guess it does indicate a kind of approach of how the music is made or played live.

Still a bit of a buzzword.

rings into clouds

Whatever gets your music sold I guess. I also make music with modular (not eurorack), I've played small DIY shows but what are some good ways to get out there making more adventurous electronic music?

Sad.

>this triggers the Olivier

forgot the algorithmic generator so you don' have to actually compose anything

You know what i FUCKING HATE

>synth jam

Triggers the shit out of me.

>>synth jam
Some that triggers me is when they add random shit into their youtube videos, like a lego character or something. It trigger me unreasonably much.

Cuckoo is someone who annoys the shit out of me. Not connected to Eurorack but just the way he talks and how he has that STUPID FUCKING MIRROR TO SHOW HIS FACE on every fucking video.

Holy shit same. His whole persona is so fucking dumb, if he's not faking it he has to be totally burned out on acid or molly

More like pinecones or shit you would find on a coffee table. Also fuck gloves.

ello