ITT: patrician dad-rock

ITT: patrician dad-rock

That's actually unclejazz

these are grandpa rock

thats maybe their 3rd best

Gaucho is their best album.

The Royal Scam is their best album.

best to worst in order of release. It was all downhill starting with Cant buy a thrill

IDGAF if it's THE stereotypical "Dad rock" band, Physical Graffiti is an easy 10/10.

Nah, Two Against Nature is their worst. Everything Must Go ranks among their best works.

Look at me!!!!! I'm a contrarian!!!! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

thats not contrarian at all. Cant buy a thrill is their most popular album and the one that made a big name

and Countdown to escstacy is an obvious number 2. They progressively get worse as they were probably doing less drugs as they aged

I never felt like Led Zeppelin benefited much from a double album. They kinda just... expanded to fill up the space provided. Don't get me wrong, half the songs are essential Zep, but I don't know if they really *needed* it to be a double album.
[spoiler]I also don't get the appeal of Kashmir.[/spoiler]

Exile is hands-down one of the best double albums, if you ask me. Giving the Stones the room to stretch out and delve into their own interpretation of the blues and southern sounds that influenced them was a genius idea.

fug

This Year's Model too

Going to have to agree

agreed but I kinda see Costello as mom rockish, maybe just cause my mom listens to him

Is your grandpa like 50? Hemispheres came out 39 years ago.

I think it's agreed upon he is momrock.

breakfast in america

Pretzel Logic > Countdown to Ecstasy > Two Against Nature > Can't Buy a Thrill = Katy Lied > Aja > Gaucho > Everything Must Go > The Royal Scam

I dont imagine most agree with me.

Fuck yes, Breakfast and Crime are GOAT-tier

People who say AC/DC songs all sound the same haven't heard this album

is grizzly bear too new of a band to be dad-rock? they’re basically millennial steely dan