Undertale

Could Undertale work as a live action. Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

could you kill yourself?

could yo lil white boi pussy work on my dick bitch?

>all this lack of serious asnwers

Not at all. One of the biggest parts of the whole thing is how the save mechanic ties into the game and that multiple play throughs are necessary to completely understand the narrative. It would inevitably feel rushed with a 90 minute to 2 hour runtime.

Would work way better as an animated TV show.

It doesn't work as a videogame to begin with

die tumblr vermin die

die kill yourself hang yourself shoot yourself just die just fucking die

For the most part it does. Just because the majority of its fan base is shitty doesn't mean the game is.

Who will play AsGORE "Dindu Nuffin" Dremurr?

undertale cosplay thread? sure why not

Because it's an autistic game for autistic losers. Like you. Loser

I don't know what 90% of these words even mean

Newspeak is real

Sure.
Get Tim Burton to direct.
Hot Topic to market.
Increase the obnoxiousness of its fan base ten fold.
Noting but shitposting about it on Sup Forums.
Special edition Blu-Ray to feature a genocide ending cut.

>Special edition Blu-Ray to feature a genocide ending cut.

>Toriel
The one time thicc cosplay bitch would be justified, they find a skinny qt

maybe as a cartoon but live action? seems like a bad fit. that sonic crap is going to suck. dont even know why sega would do it

Gonna provide an actual answer.
Undertale ONLY works as a video game, and even then only works for people who have played a good amount of video games, specifically RPGs. The humor and "emotional" moments are written specifically to play off your expectations laid out from previous titles and then subvert them.
Sure the characters are charming and some of the other jokes are good. But the whole point of the game is treating the Player character and the player as separate entities, and communicating to the player based off their individual choices.
TL;DR In order to make it into anything thats not a video game, it would have to be changed so much that it would cease to be undertale.

t. someone who casually enjoyed the game and hates the fanbase as much as anyone

translation:
Asgore: Woman that transitioned to man, sexually and romantic attracted to men.

Gaster: Gender expression varies, fluctuating romantic attraction, sexual attracted to every expression.

Papyrus: Woman that transitioned into masculine expression, romantically attraction only to individuals they know well, sexual attraction to every expression.

Toriel: Man that transitioned into woman, attracted romantically to male characteristics.

Undyne: Man that transitioned into woman, sexually and romantically attracted to women.

Mettaton: Woman that transitioned into man, sexually and romantically attracted to every expression.

Mad Dummy: Woman that transitioned into masculinity and sometimes a boy, is only attracted to people romantically in theory. No sexual attraction.

Asriel: Identifies as being two genders.

Chara: gender expression can't be classified (does not believe in male or female)

Sans: Have no gender identity, romantically attracted to every expression but no sexual attraction.

Frisk: see Chara

Alphys: sexually and romantically attracted to men and women (but no other expressions)

Napstablock: No romantic attraction, only sexually attracted to people they know well.

>this post

I am so very happy my brain isn't cluttered up with all this useless trash

Not only can it be adapted, a similar relationship can be established with an unreliable narrator acting as a go-between what's happening on screen and the audience, possibly Flowey. The illusion of choice would be lost, but then again that's a device the game plays with again and again. Giving you the sense of you being able to affect the outcome, only snatching it away, and within the medium of film it's real easy to do something similar by subverting audience exception and breaking the 4th wall.
An adaption I think is far from impossible, but I'd agree that it would be ill advised, seeing that it would probably be crap that doesn't offer anything new or exiting.

>all niggers
>two main villains are white
>everyone is a fat ugly person with a big nose

>no one is normal despite making up 99% of the population

>Literally was game of the year for 2015
>critically acclaimed by nearly the entire gaming industry
>Sup Forums: "LMFAO dude, autism and memes!!!! IT FOR LOSERS!!!! XD"

Gee, really makes my neurons fire as to why nobody has ever taken your opinions seriously

There's no reason to say 'I'm only attracted to people I'm close with'

That's a normal thing and there's no need to put a name on it. It just means that you can only love people close to you, which is the case like 95% time.

You don't even need to be a drooling tumblr faggot to understand these terms. You just need a brain and an elementary understanding of the English language.

Some people can be attracted romantically and sexually to people they don't know (just seeing someone on the street gives you a hard on f.ex.) some people can only be sexually and romantically attracted to people they know a bit (dating culture f.ex) and some people need to be really close before they are either.

Having a classification for these instances isn't as bad as its made out to be really.

>WAHHHH

>It has never been that simple in human history
>but for some reason, all of a sudden, conservative Americans think its all bullshit
Just because you live in a country that has ignored world cultures for the better half of two centuries, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Not likely. A lot of what made Undertale great is unique to the video game medium and the way it plays with RPG mechanics, tropes, and player expectations.

>creator can't port it to consoles because he used premade code that was included in the game maker
>says he didn't do a single line of code for the game, and has no idea how someone would even do it
>there are claims that the music is ripped off from other games
>quirky characters are literally all it has going for it

There's no need to put a name on it. Maybe since I used to be able to and enjoyed farting in public without embarassment and now only do on accident I should make sure everyone knows I am a...

>transsemifartophile

It's beloved because it was pretty good. It wasn't the second coming of Christ though, and that's what people treat it like.

>>creator can't port it to consoles because he used premade code that was included in the game maker
Half of this isn't even true.
>says he didn't do a single line of code for the game
Also complete bullshit
Sampled...
>quirky characters are literally all it has going for it
Literally not true.

But thanks for moving the goalposts.

Tumblr is such unbelievable fucking cancer.

I'm not treating it like the second coming, but I'm not some turbo autist who thinks its absolutely horrible. The game is great.

>inb4 I get called tumblr for liking a game because it was a good game

Really I haven't heard about this. What games? The music is overrated in general, though.

Also, it's pretty charming throughout the whole things. The writing is pretty good / funny, as far as video game writing goes, anyway. Character are also pretty damn likeable. They're definitely weird, but you never get the sense that it was forced.

>Sup Forums getting triggered about gender expression again.

it doesn't even work as a game

These people are so delusional. They honestly believe their retarded little snowflake-labels are common enough to make an entire cast out of.

Yeah because being romantically attracted to someone in theory makes loads of sense

>retarded little snowflake-labels
I have asked this question a few times, but do you not care or realize that most of these terms have existed for hundreds of years in various cultures under various labels?

Are Native Americans "special snowflakes" for having a third gender...?

Yes

So let me get this straight, centuries old cultures from all over the globe are ALL wrong...

Except for your own particular special snowflake understanding of gender, here, in the US?

>You don't even need to be a drooling tumblr faggot to understand these terms.

Yes you do. They are all literally made-up classifications made-up by the retarded and the mentally ill.

>Amerifats think everyone is "mentally ill" who have diverse concepts of gender that they don't agree with.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit

>gender expression

Is that your safe-space Tumblr word for ham-planets and faggoty men dressing in drag and whining online about how they should be allowed to wear their panties to a friend's wedding?

Calm down, friendo. None of that is an argument.

>most of these terms have existed for hundreds of years in various cultures under various labels?

Most of them haven't.

The fact that some Bronze Age pagans mused about there being magical women with penises, that you then co-opted as proof of your legitimacy, doesn't make it any more legitimate. It's just Tumblr-tards grasping at straws.

Yes. Gender is biology and you either have xx or xy chromosones. That's science, not a cultural concept.

>ONLY MURICA' IS ALLOWED TO DEFINE WHAT GENDER IS
>FUCK ALL OF YOUR DIVERSE CULTURES AND SOCIETIES THAT HAVE EXISTED
>FUCK ANTHROPOLOGISTS WHO HAVE SAID FOR DECADES THAT GENDERS ARE FLUID AND CULTURALLY DEFINED
>MY CONSERVATIVE UNCLE TOLD ME THAR BE PENIS AND VAGINA SO MALE AND WOMAN

I have a brain, thanks, and use it for things that are actually useful.

Perhaps this is easy for you because all you do is sit around all day being genderless and Tumblrfat

This is the kind of cancer that the Undertale fanbase provokes. It may be a ok-tier game but the fanbase and hatred against the fanbase is so fucking toxic it almost nullifies the quality (or non-quality) of the game.

>Most of them haven't.
Then you are just an idiot then. It's easy to research.
>doesn't make it any more legitimate
How has this country become so retarded about world history? There have literally been dozens of various gender definitions from different cultures and societies. Native American history is just one example. You are just being obtuse. Nothing I'm saying is even remotely fucking tumblr, it's anthropological fact you fuckwit.
>It's just Tumblr-tards grasping at straws.
It's not, but keep telling yourself that

Sorry but no, you're just mentally ill and change your identity pronouns on a fickle whim then pretend everyone is "oppressing" you when they didn't get last hour's memo.

>Gender is biology
No it's not.
>That's science, not a cultural concept
Sex is a biological classification, gender is not. Gender has been informed by cultures for hundreds of years.

I'm sorry you disagree with world history and anthropology

>Dude, these pre-enlightenment cultures that practiced things like canibalism and pedophelia and human sacrifice and thought the sun and wind were magical spirits know MORE about human psychology and medical-science than your modern technologically-advanced societies do! Get over it shitlord!

Tell me again about the African medicine-men who can curse people to get struck by lightening.

>Sorry but no
What do you mean, no? I just linked you something that is an important part in Native American culture. It's been around for literally fucking hundreds of years. You can't just dismiss it as a mental illness when not a single soul agrees with you, and it's a thing that humans have been doing for centuries. You are being blatantly retarded about human history.

>Third and fourth gender roles traditionally embodied by two-spirit people include performing work and wearing clothing associated with both men and women. Not all tribes/nations have rigid gender roles, but, among those that do, some consider there to be at least four genders: feminine woman, masculine woman, feminine man, masculine man

^Not a single Native American would agree with you, they'd probably kick your ass for being so obtuse about their own histories.

A better question is, could it work as a game?

I stopped reading once you made it a false equivalency

Again, if you think only America gets to define gender roles as some sort of objective fact, you are quite seriously an idiot.

>This one fat PC-nazi getting triggered over not being taken seriously and trying to """educate""" everyone.

And let the lels begin.

Could Lisa the Painful work as a live action film?

>No it's not.

If it's not biology then it isn't real.

>I'm just going to ignore how there are multiple genders in a dozen or so technological societies
>I'm just going to ignore that modern psychology has agreed for decades that multiple genders exist.
>psychology has acknowledged multiple genders in the DSM and the difference between gender DISORDERS and gender IDENTITIES
>Anthropology agrees
>modern biological science backs it up
>Some retarded Americans, disagree though...so it's all bullshit

Cognitive dissonance is great

>If it's not biology then it isn't real.
Then language isn't real...then concepts are not real at all. This isn't an actual argument, friendo.

No, but you are not a native American, are you? Now shut your trap and learn to deal with your culturally assigned gender instead of whining like a bitch.

Or kill yourself, whatever works best. I hear it's a very popular solution.

>You are triggered if you believe in anthropologically backed, psychologically backed concepts of diverse gender identities that have existed for hundreds of years all over the planet
Yeah, I'm so triggered. I'm just baffled that when it comes to objective fact, you all hate it because it hurts your fee fees about binary genders.

>having crippling autism
>undertale

>deal with your culturally assigned gender instead of whining like a bitch
Our society has already accepted various gender identities already.

The only fringe faggots whining about any of this, are people as triggered as you are.

Did you rage hard when you learned that transwomen could use your bathroom? Did that pop a blood vessel in your autism-filled brain of yours?

>because a clique of people has hijacked "elite" culture, that means it's accepted in the whole of society
wew

>REEEEEE SCIENCE IS OPPRESSIVE
>ONLY AMERICA DOESN'T TAKE MY SHIT SERIOUSLY, LITERALLY EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD EMBRACES MY COCKAMAMIE NEO-LIBERAL RELIGION AS LAW, REEEEEEEEE

Keep telling yourself that.
Stay triggered you bloated, indoctrinated bovine.

Definitely yes. It's extremely linear, and the plot is pretty rigidly defined. It also doesn't rely on meta knowledge like Undertale does.

>I have warped the gender identity conversation in this country to mean some autistic hijacking of "elite" culture conspiracy
>I'm still going to ignore the objective facts about gender expressions through human society over time
>only America is the authority on gender because my conservative uncle said so

faggot

Why does Sup Forums have to be such a fucking cancer

>I'm just going to ignore how there are multiple genders in a dozen or so technological societies

But there literally aren't.

>REEEEEE SCIENCE IS OPPRESSIVE
Gender identity is not a biological concept, it is a gender identity concept.

Keep pretending that gender identities never existed before libruhs, like some history-illiterate faggotlord.

>false equivalency

Ah, the heralding-call of an SJW that just got their shit pushed in.
I love it.

>only America is the authority on gender because my conservative uncle said so
What is with this anti-American attitude of yours? Gender expressions has varied over time and culture. Traditional American norms are such a variety. It is as valuable as any other, and I don't appreciate your attempts to destroy it in the name of diversity and tolerance.

>But there literally aren't.
Then you are either lying to yourself, or retarded.

1. I'm not a SJW because I understand anthropological facts that you for some autistic reason don't
2. It was a false equivalency
3. I'm not triggered in the slightest

>Keep pretending that gender identities never existed before libruhs, like some history-illiterate faggotlord.

I never said previous civilizations in history haven't been wrong about shit.

Plenty of ancient societies had made-up bullshit, including some regarding women with penises.
They also thought the sun revolved around the Earth and that lightening was caused by not sacrificing enough goats.

blunderfail

if you have a dick youre a man if you have a vagina youre a women, there is no outside or inbetween you retarded snowflakes

>Gender expressions has varied over time and culture
Yes, glad you finally agree like a rational person
>destroy it in the name of diversity and tolerance.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do...because diversity and tolerance is a negative. Sure.

eww a fat sex worker. THICC is one thing, but fat?

It's still trash. Loser

Your bullshit doesn't fly outside of academia and other retardedly liberal circle-jerks.

Try getting an engineering job in America or Britain or Russia or China or Japan, and telling them that you're a non-binary trans-species demi-sexual noncomforming femme-butch otherkin, and see how seriously they take your shit.

>Plenty of ancient societies had made-up bullshit
This isn't an argument.
>including some regarding women with penises.
I don't know what you are trying to say with this.
>They also thought the sun revolved around the Earth and that lightening was caused by not sacrificing enough goats
And again, this is what most call a "false equivalency"

Should the movie have Brad forming his massive gang of 20 or so people or should it stick with him finding just 3 guys to team up with?

I suppose the only other question is what choices should to movie take that are open for the player to make in the game? For a reminder the choices are.

>Lose one party member v lose first arm
Here I think Brad should choose to let a newer party member die. Like for me I let Mad Dog die since I just got him and he had no emotional value to me.
>kill Rick and Sticky v let them live
Let them live so Sticky can show up again at the end with a machine gun
>lose four party members v Buddy's nipple
Nipple here, just to show selfless character growth where Brad actually cares about his gang now.
>all his stuff v other arm v "why are you doing this?"
I'd choose having Brad ask why Buzzo is doing this so he loses an arm and pisses Buzzo off

I dare you to look at this list and tell me, with a straight face, that each and every single one of them is real.

I fucking dare you.

Exactly. It's cringy as fuck. Fuckin freaks

>This isn't an argument.

It's literally YOUR argument. That the gender bullshit is real and legitimate because ancient societies, that pissed in the woods and used cow-shit as prophylactics, believed n them just like you do.

>diversity and tolerance is a negative
If you weren't a blind ideologue you would know that they are. Higher diversity leads to lower social trust, less happy people. Tolerance is just a buzzword for "stop disliking what I like".

>Your bullshit doesn't fly outside of academia
This is literally false. I'm sorry you refuse to understand why this is retarded to assert. Again, anthropology and psychology both disagree with you.
>Try getting an engineering job in America or Britain or Russia or China or Japan
Gender expression is the same across all of these, right? You believe that it is?
>and telling them that you're a non-binary trans-species demi-sexual noncomforming femme-butch otherkin
this is a fallacious argument, you are just calling it ridiculous and assuming that is a point.
>and see how seriously they take your shit.
Most of the modern world besides an actual fringe group of mostly conservative people understand this.

It's not even an argument

>That the gender bullshit is real and legitimate because ancient societies
you love to conflate this argument, don't you? Native Americans are considered an "ancient" society? There are plenty of modern examples, friendo. You just don't like the answers for some autistic reason.
>that pissed in the woods and used cow-shit as prophylactics, believed n them just like you do.
This would be the third time I would be informing you that this is a fallacy...

If you can't actually argue your point, then don't you stupid faggot.

>Higher diversity leads to lower social trust, less happy people
KEK, where did you pull that out of your ass?
>Tolerance is just a buzzword for "stop disliking what I like".
Lot of wews to be had here, lad. You are quite a retard. Nice dismissal though.

>Tolerance is just a buzzword for "stop disliking what I like".
>Higher diversity leads to lower social trust, less happy people

Nice