ITT: Post albums that people here, from what you've seen, seem to unanimously like (pic related)...

ITT: Post albums that people here, from what you've seen, seem to unanimously like (pic related). People who don't like them, say so!

The Herald drags.
There, I've said it.
The rest of the album is awesome, but the fact that Diana leads into The Herald means that some people drop the album before they hit the meat of it.

You are such a fucking pleb.
the Herald is genuinely one the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, I cannot imagine having such an awful opinion and such bad taste.

I don't really like this one, the repetition is boring to me and its too positive to be interesting to me. I guess I also don't really like endtroducing so maybe just not my genre.

I've never seen anyone say anything bad about pic related

no

i think people either like this or entroducing.

entroducing has so much more to it.

I get your point, this was a little much.

is this even an opinion, or it this literally rape.

I will rape you if you don't start enjoying the Herald.

The first song is so far better than the rest of the record that I rarely am able to listen to the whole thing

Don't really care for either tbf. Instrumental hip hop is pretty boring to me

Its fun for a few songs but reworked disco tunes with odd samples only goes so far

>literally rape
hurr durr I'm 15

But Into Dust is a 20/10 song and is much better than Fade Into You. Blue Light, Unreflected, and the title track are all better too

Well, unfortunately for you, it won't be rape....

...CAUSE I'LL LIKE IT.

few people can hate something this nice

was listening to this just now ! feel like im clinging onto summer
makes me unconditionally happy
agreed - its v annoying

Never listened to this, is it super comfy like the cover is?

even comfier
but the writing is very very cynical which makes it better

All deserved

I know some people tend to prefer ITCOTKC or Larks, but I have never seen anything bad said about Red.

not Sup Forumscore but i've yet to see someone dislike it

Garbage, everything after islands is.

come on, i've seen a lot of people bash on flood 1

listening to this for the first time right now HOLY SHIT

get ready to be disappointed at the fact that there is literally no other music that sounds like it

never understood this, the mood of every other song >> the mood of fade into you

Great album, but a little too gimmicky for my taste and some songs are a little long.
I liked it in high school, but now it annoys me.
It's nice, but effete and saccharine.
Great album, but too conventional for me. I still like it though, so it's a good choice nonetheless.
Excellent album, but not universally beloved.
These three fit the bill, and pic related as well.

I really have no problems with any of the albums itt

@76027817
Wtf

YOU LOOK DIFFERENT EVERY TIME

The first and fourth tracks are really just too long, especially the fourth since it's like 12 minutes of nothing before the album ends anyway

This. As gay as it sounds the say this, The Herald is one of very few songs that has actually 'moved' me.

DO IT

I agree, everything else feels mediocre.

This album is so fucking good, also quads confirm

I didn't like this but I forget why, I guess I'll listen to it now

i LIKE this album but i'm not too crazy about it like most people seem to be

Good taste, but Night and Tick Tock are better

This is milquetoast garbage

I guess I just don't fuck with the vocalist's style too much. It's boring and lazy

I LOVE that album, but ∞ gets on my nerves after about 30 seconds

kill yourself

This album is perfect in every way.

the first half of the album is some of the greatest music of that century.

Afterwards they completely ran out of creative juices. I think you can drop the album after Song To Comus and miss out on nothing of note. Second half just feels like shit retreads of the first half.

>you can drop the album after listening to 2/3rds of the songs
o-okay

>imagine being this pleb

The Herald is better than Diana or Drip Drip.

You didn't make it past the introductory part?

Tell me what The Bite, Bitten, and The Prisoner do that isn't done a million times better on Diana and Song To Comus and Drip Drip.

The Prisoner is arguably the second best track on the album.

its really bland in terms of baroque pop

never even listened to it but it's the album I associate Sup Forums with the most.

Somebody convince me to listen to it

listen to it

Is there anything that sounds similar to Comus? I've never found anything like it.

There's nothing quite like it but Richard Dawson and the Incredible String Band are probably the next closest things

I think her "boring and lazy" style is what really brings the album together. Her detached voice, combined with the half-assed lyrics, noise, drones, and putting it all in a folk-ish setting replicates the feeling of being half asleep, calm, possibly on opiates. Yeah the lyrics kinda suck, yeah the music isn't all too complex, yeah she isn't exactly emotive either, but it all works together to create a sonically unique, cohesive atmosphere.

I guess you have to be like me and like slow-and-sleepy to really like it though.

if you dislike this album there is something wrong with you

i was so convinced i was gonna love it. So bought the Cd in 2016, really expected something dream pop or Cat Power.
Sorry but is not good.

It's a meme for a reason
(Also Avert is better)

ehhhhh not for me

It's legitimately a fantastic album with really wonderful lyricism and songwriting.

Red is too gutless for me.

ITCOTCK and Discipline are the best King Crimson albums.

nah, not me

fuck yeah I'd kill to own this on Vinyl.

I haven't actually listened to this but similarly I don't see anyone disliking something so sweet.

too bad it costs like $75 min

Yeah :'-(((

the best gift ive ever gotten was getting Plantasia on vinyl for my birthday

I never thought I'd see this album posted here. Patrician choice user

stop posting any time

Fuq yo shit it's perfect

God I love this album, it has such a warm welcoming sound, and I just love Canterbury Scene stuff, literally a 10/10

not even close to as good as Speaking In Tongues

it's really good despite the memes

obligatory

I just saw someone 2 days ago post about how this album is shit b/c it's just mediocre shoegaze with gimmicky glitch effects

tru no one's ever had trouble enjoying this
seriously though it's a masterpiece and everyone should like it

Meh
Good
Great

Agree

Agree, but it's probably my least favorite of the pre-Little Creatures Heads albums

Eh, like is kind of a strong word, but it's alright. I liked it more as a teen

Agree. any other Ween album and I'd feel on the fence at best

......if you insist. NMH is NOT great, and ITAOTS isn't even their best. It doesn't stand up to the undeniable meme associations. But it's an /alright/ album. I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's good, and I just can't personally be unbiased, because In Avery Island sounds good to me. Still not great or very notable, tho

I used to looooove this album, but I think I played it way too much. Now I can only stand New Grass (still a beautiful song even if I rarely listen to it). I think I just played it too much. So I can't agree or disagree

I don't DISLIKE it, but it's just kinda plain and didn't keep my interest

The Herald is what really makes the album so great as a whole

Not bad, but not in my Top 5 favorite Funkadelic records so I don't usually think of it as great

Overrated for sure, Tigermilk is where their career should have ended

I don't hate it but the hype didn't make sense to me

On Avery Island is much better

Just kinda there, nothing special

No

fuck no

god no

Just put this on now. Sounds horrendous.

People who don't think the albums is at least 8/10 haven't listened to it enough times. Don't let the albums simplistic face-value appearance trick you into thinking you'll get it right away. It has a unique aesthetic, and you really gotta be familiar with the group/record to understand it. It's one of the only albums I began to hear differently after like 15 listens. Not because it's some deep, complex rubik's cube, but because Jeff Mangum 's eccentricity is so unique its hard to relate to or fully empathize with at first. The record will grow on you.

>post albums people unanimously enjoy
>posts the most polarizing rock record ever recorded