What's the worst job you've ever had?

What's the worst job you've ever had?

Worked at a Portuguese supermarket for like 6 bucks an hour in college.

Also worked at a Häagen-Dazs in a mall food court. That sucked.

Pawn shop, white trash and niggers every day.

Shilling Trump herr. I only 840000 py6 last year. I work hard all year

Tell us more user

What's worse?

Worked for coca-cola driving a forklift setting up orders for three cities for 8.50 an hour. Super long shifts, exhausting work, loud environment. Worked so long that I was hallucinating at one point. Had one check that was 160 hours for two weeks. Not even sure how legal it was in retrospect. Was the only job I walked out of without giving two weeks. No fucks given.

Telemarketing for a magazine subscription company back in 1998. Got told it was an asshole job by people I cold called. They were right

Bumping with tits

>get job as machinist with friend's family business
>they need the help as his father just had a heart attack and heart surgery
>loud environment where you do the same task repeatedly over and over
>most boring job ever where time goes super slowly
>friend's dad (owner of the machine shop) starts making a nice recovery
>almost a year to the day I start working he still isn't back fully recovered
>heart rips open and he dies suddenly without warning
>shop shuts down two weeks later
It was like a full year of depression. I wonder how many gallons of alcohol I drank in that entire year, it had to be a lot.

Worked as a dishwasher in a restaraunt

Sounds dull. But did you learn to fabricate civilization on a metal mill or were you just doing the exact same process for months at a time?

>What's the worst job you've ever had?
The bad kind.

The Steve kind.

It's not that bad. Everyone should be required by to do it for a week at a really busy place, it would give people some needed perspective

Pretty much all of them. Capitalism sucks turds.

I used different machines and we used different materials, from different steel grades including stainless to brass. It was all for making parts for hydraulic equipment, some of which was used on the space shuttle supposedly. Our labor got outsourced when the boss died, that's just how shit goes.

Worked as an officer on a Containership running from Pakistan and India to Singapore and China with a full Chinese Crew. No real chance of shore leave due to port schedule, and too dangerous to go ashore in many of the ports, plus running through a piracy area with no armed guards. I was the only one with any comprehension of English. Spent 4 months living off bread and ramen noodles. Felt like I was living in a lunatic asylum. Never. Again.

Might come in handy one day

How did you find yourself in that job? Are you still a sailor? You a merchant marine?

Learn a trade and become a petty bourgeoisie. Working pretty well for me.

worked at a coffee shop as the only male employee.

Yeah, British Merchant Navy. Took a job out of desperation to get my first stamp in my discharge book. First departure out of Singapore we missed a collision by about 100 metres as the Chinese Captain couldn't speak a word of English. Had to communicate through pointing and facial expressions.

Wouldn't be bad if you were alpha and were surrounded by hot bitches, I'm guessing this wasn't the case though.

Work at a call center one of the few males there. Women are generally nice except a few insufferable cunts that try to make everyone else hate you. You see the guys walk kinda like they're in some meds. Looking for some other job it's easy as shit but women make the place a living hell hole.

Best job in the world man. Yeah it's hot and wet and stinky but you usually get free food, waitresses to sexually harass and sometimes you even get free booze (I was a dishwasher for a while)

Doesn't washing dishes constantly fuck your hands up though? I had a friend growing up that did dishwashing for a while and he always looked beat to shit, like the life was sucked out of him ass first.

Well, how did that turn out?

That sounds like a nutty experience. A ships a prison with a chance of drowning.

I had a very strict regimen of moisturising lol

Yeah it kinda fucks you up but out of all the jobs I've had (I've had a lot) I'd go back to dish washing anyday. Kitchens are mad houses filled with lunatics but fuck it can be fun.

and all the buttsex you could hope for

This is pretty much true of all hard manual labor jobs. I fix restaurant equipment and my hands scars have scars on them. But I like it okay. Sitting in a cubicle is a working definition of hell for me

I managed to grab a job on a cruise ship shortly after. Spent the rest of my time at sea drinking, partying, sleeping with Spa Girls and getting lost on a variety of Caribbean Islands. Didn't turn out too bad in the end.

>Doesn't washing dishes constantly fuck your hands up though?
What are gloves?

British Empire ran on thier naval might. They ran the Navy on rum, sodomy, and the lash. They got rid of the rum and the lash.

Cleaning service that took care of adult book store/peep show..

>Gloves

What are you into now mate?

>Sitting in a cubicle is a working definition of hell for me

I was a residential painter for a few years and it was fantastic. I absolutely loved it. You get to listen to music all day and be left the fuck alone, and at the end of the day you can see the quality of your work. It's not calculated through transactions or other bullshit, it's as simple as looking at the job and saying, "fuck yeah, it looks good and I'm proud of my work". I miss that feel. Lost my job to mexicans when my boss sold the business to a retard that didn't know how to bid jobs. Feels bad man.

Offshore now. I move oil rigs. More more, more time at home.

Actual jizz mopper? Pretty sure I would rather clean crime scenes, suicides and hoarder houses than that

Lots of money riding on your hands. You get nervous ever. Those things are really slow too right?

Used to work at a Subway restaurant and washing dishes was very relaxing. Were you allowed to play music during your shift? It'd be cool if you could watch videos during dishwashing.

I like the tangible accomplishment too and being in different locations and people. I am by self employed but even working for others I was left alone. I like that when I get there things are broken and when I'm done they work again.

You get used to the responsibility quickly. If you fuck up, it's $50 million down the pan with a high risk of killing someone, hence the ridiculous wages.

A foundry job. Grinding cast iron. Beyond hot, beyond nasty. You had to wear off the black. Yes you would leave darker than the darkest African. They worked there at the end of the day we all looked the same.

my time in the US Army was full of insults from petty leaders, fully exploiting the fact that I could be jailed for telling them to fuck off, and no real consequences could come to them for being dicks to me.

Most satisfying time came late in my enlistment. I wrote letters complaining of the conduct of my platoon sergeant to the post CO, my congressman, and the post IG. I got thoroughly reamed by my company and battalion commander for going outside the chain of command. Nonetheless, by that time, I knew there was nothing they were actually going to do other than bitch and threaten. And the platoon sgt of course suffered no consequences for having someone complain about him. Still, it highly upset the good ole boy network. They knew they could keep him out of trouble but also knew it would cost them a bit of effort to do so.

Fuck them all and fuck the US Army.

Godspeed. May you have fair weather and smooth sailing

I used to work labor for telecom construction. All day, digging/ shaping conduit trenches in the desert. That was the worst for me by far.

Checked.

Didn't start on the site right away. I worked there a few months before I was "repositioned". I was like fuuuuuuck this until boss told me I could smoke a doobie to calm down and take my sweet ads time. Also got a fairly hot younger hippie chick that worked there to suck me off a few times before we started fucking.

Ever see what a magnet would do to you at the end of a shift? Also see any terrible accidents? Foundry is a dangerous place. Girl I dated lost her granddad in an iron accident. Burnt his left leg damn near off.

Gamestop

They work people into the ground. It's disgusting.

Weed makes terrible circumstances more tolerable. Blowjobs do too. Kek

Sounds like high school with guns and stupider people. Good times

work from home for a bank and do nothing all day.. it's depressing never seeing humans during the work day.. sometimes i just leave for hours on end to go shopping or play tennis because i can't take it

There was this one cunt. But they were generally nice. I couldn't stand the drama over stupid shit, so I got another job

I used to work retail, then did mechanics, then IT for a few months, now boilermaker.

Good pay and benefits now, but if I could go back knowing what I do now, I would have stayed in retail and rode the gravy-train up to management and did nothing the rest of my life.

The rest of your life with easy hours, easy work, no stress, no hazards, no deadlines... When you only want to coast and don't want to achieve greatness, you begin to realize how easy you used to have it...

>whiney shit
>probably lazy
>blames others for his failings

food truck during the summer. hot as fuck for 8 hours standing over a grill.

without reservation, I hated my Army time. I am sure I have failings but I work as a lawyer today so I'm doing better than some people. Whatever my problems it is not laziness.

Gloves are no good, water and shit just gets inside them and you have the same skin issues plus it makes the job harder

We always had music, working without music sucks lol. I still work in kitchens occasionally and some places the dish washers are watching netflix while working.

Newspaper deliver.

>make about $6.00 / hour while the minimum wage is over $13.00 here
>customers are complete assholes
>I do $78,000 in sales yet only got 1% of that in tips this christmas
>nobody shovels their fucking driveways or salts their walks making my job a total fucking deathtrap

Were you a buggy whip salesman before that? Seriously all your customers must either fart dust or be hipsters reading the paper ironically

Worked at a fast food place that claimed to have flexible hours. Fuckers gave me awful inconsistent shifts until I bitched enough about it.

yeah the constant stream of fresh waitresses was awesome beer and food too

what are you doing now bro?

I'm a Meat Department Manager and I can tell you I have none of those things. It pays relatively well but the hours suck and I have strict deadlines I must adhere to in regards to ordering and posting profitable margins. Trying to turn a profit in a shit neighborhood when the company runs sales where they literally lose money is damn frustrating. I usually have 1, maybe 2 competent people working for me at anytime and the rest are retard kids working part time for minimum wage with no motivation to do anything (and I don't blame, you get what you pay for).

i worked at a retail store stocking shelves from 4am-8am. i was so delirious from the hours that i eventually just walked out.

i worked delivery at a hipster pizza place making $4 hourly. we didn't advertise deliveries nor were we known for it, so i didn't make enough tips to make more than minimum. upon inquiring once about the difference, the owner showed up to the store to personally fire me.

How honored did you feel?

Call center. I was surrounded by niggers and cucks who were 30+ years old and they all thought it was the best job in the world because it paid $12/hr

to get fired? i was a little confused at first. it was over $6. apparently no one knew that's how it works (despite the signage being right there). he was furious and banned me for life. the other workers probably thought i was stealing, with how much he yelled.

I'm a warehouse worker atm, drive a forklift loading and unloading trucks, I'm halfway through university too (BA Pol/Soc) but needed a break and to earn some more money. Been floating around fucking up my life for years lol - dishwasher, Chef by trade, unqualified painter/plasterer, general shitkicker extraordinaire

Im so goddamn mad reading your story ... i have to abandon this thread. Fuck kike management and cheap store owners. Fuck stupid shitty people who cant be bothered to pay what they owe.

Drug dealer..... 24/7 paranoia , armored house doors , guns by the bedside.

I work for XPO Logistics and it fucking sucks ass. They never let you go home and the people are cunts. No breaks ever.

looking back on it, he was 100% being a douche. i'd never been fired before (i think i'm a decent employee lol) so in the moment i thought it was a joke

I work as a cna kinda thing on a rehab floor. a physical rehab floor. sick ass people who either got burned, broke shit falling off shit, legs or arms amputated, or stroked out being fucking retards. shit is nuts. people are psycho and we have high turnover and only hire noobs to the healthcare field.

We get it really good where I work. Free lunch twice a month, everytime someone has a birthday we get cake and free lunch, extra long breaks. However, pay sucks and the boss expects perfection all the time but it ain't so bad.

Sorry to hear about your job, fuckin sucks to work for cunts.

some office job the work was easy but I guess working in an office turns people to assholes overtime

I had a similar experience working at a cafe. I was the dishwasher. One woman was a skank and would dump all the work on the other server on shift; one server was heavily prone to migraines and moodswings and could cry at the drop of a hat, the other servers were neato but the cook that was always on shift with me was responsible for not only prepping her own stuff, but all the stuff for the other two shifts during the busiest time of day( because the owner cooked in the mornings and his wife cooked after, and they didn't wanna do prep ). I would often have to stop doing dishes to prep-cook.

>Be me one night.
>Busiest we've been in a long while
>I keep having to leave the kitchen to cover the cook's ass because she got shafted by the owner with nothing preped for her again
>Server A is the slacker-skank; server b is the moodswinger
>Slack-skank is actually sitting at customer's tables and spending 10 minutes talking to them as they eat to try to get better tips; pocketing tips from moodswinger.
>Moodswinger is upset she isn't getting any tips; keeps going out to take single drags from her cigarette to keep her mood stable.
>Skank is writing down orders down wrong and stacking tickets to make up for the time she spends sitting down at tables
>Starts telling customers the cook is messing up orders when customers complain
>Cook has to put her knife down and calm herself so she does not stab skank
>Call owner; wake him up from drunken slumber at golf-course. Tell him to call the resturaunt and speak with skank. He does, Skank is now pissed.
>Skank screaming at the cook, then at me, trying to figure out which one of us called owner and ratted her out.
>Ex-employee, we'll call her Lezbo, walks in. Hits on Moodswinger. Moodswinger not having it.
>Lezbo eats, leaves horrible tip for not getting moodswinger to share her crotch.
>Close-up time; Moodswinger is transfering soups from crock-pots to storage containers.

why hasnt someone put that benny hill song to this
also, i am a failed diesel truck mechanic, and have greatly indebted my parents

>Goes to put one container in fridge
>Drops, splatters it all in fridge.
>More crying. Skank is yelling from the front to hurry up so I can mop my area.
>Moodswinger picks up container still partially-full of scalding crock-pot soup. Without thinking she throws it.
>I get drenched in scalding chili-soup. Burns on face/hands, apron saved the rest of me.
>Finish up my shift, go home.

About two months later I began only getting 4 hours a week and quit the job. The owner decided servers could do the job at $2.50 an hour after business vanished after that night because there were now large stretches of time with no customers; leaving them with "enough free time" to do it.