Where were you when this was going on? Whose side were you on?

Where were you when this was going on? Whose side were you on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXbLyi5wgeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was in London and bought three copies of Country House. Oasis were always shite.

at a rave
neither side
didn't even listen to it

I was 13 years old at school in the UK.

I really liked Oasis but this was pre-Wonderwall and DLBIA so they hadn't gone to super stardom quite at that point. I was still somewhat childish and not fully into music back then and so I preferred Country House.

I went on to become a hardcore Oasis fan and saw them live 10 times.

>Where were you when this was going on?
2 and a half years away from being born

*door swings open

"Alright lads, its time to get ardcore"

youtube.com/watch?v=JXbLyi5wgeg

Wasn't even born and don't give a fuck about either of these one hit wonders

in america learning how to walk and talk, had no conception of what blur or oasis were

The only thing worse than oasis is blur

Second year of university; bought both.
I understand Britpop is in the valley of naffness now (it will be cool again in maybe five years all being well) but all I can tell Sup Forums is that the whole period was a massive amount of fun and really exciting.

Ebeneezer Goode. Whizz. Ladettes. Mad fer it. Nice gear. As I approach senility now, I regret nothing. If you missed it, that sucks, you'd have had fun.

TLDR; it was more of a youth culture thing than the records alone.

Oh, one thing to point out that people don't seem to understand now, we knew Oasis were pretty primitive. If you think of the stuff from the late 80s, we knew what was 'sophisticated' pop disappearing up its own arse was supposed to sound like. What was cool about them was that you could whistle along. Tunes and stupid words you could yell along to the records, it was great.

We'd also had a bit of a glam rock revisionism moment in say 1991/92 that started with the re-release of 20th century boy (after the Levis ad) and I think some Slade stuff as well. We knew exactly who Oasis were.

What might challenge millennials was that they were records for listening to when you were out and drunk with your mates, not on fucking iphone earpods or whatever they are called.

I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE I THINK I'VE GOT A FEELING I'VE LOST INSIDE

Britpop was invented by the government to kill punk and shoegaze, and you fucks fell for it.

>What might challenge millennials was that they were records for listening to when you were out and drunk with your mates, not on fucking iphone earpods or whatever they are called.

so, music for not really listening to

I kind of feel like people who buy into this don't realise the NME is for 13 year olds.

I'm sure it was a huge deal in the playgrounds at the time, but in reality, people were listening to shit like drum n bass and trip hop, not kiddies pop music.

not on fucking iphone earpods or whatever they are called.
>or whatever they are called

Oasis conquered America, nuff said.

>but in reality, people were listening to shit like drum n bass and trip hop, not kiddies pop music.

A quarter of the UK's population applied for tickets to Knebworth in 1996.
Though Oasis did have The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy on as openers for those shows. Didn't Noel Gallagher collaborate with Goldie as well?

Country House>Roll With It
Morning Glory>>>>The Great Escape

neither mate

t. turbo pleb

God save the queen

Anyone who says Blur is a Tory.

Why Noel decided to release fucking Roll With It as a single instead of Cast No Shadow I'll never know

I was nine years old and it was summer so I was probably playing outside. My older brother was an Oasis fan, but as an American was pretty irrelevant to me.

Neither
British music is cringe

t. embarrassed bong

At the time Noel said it was worst track on the album but sounded the most like Definitely Maybe so thats why it was the single.

All the best records were made for not really listening to.

Noel himself has said himself that he has no idea what he was doing. So many of his best tracks were released as B-sides