Sup Forums what are some gun control alternatives? The debate is up again as since shit hit the fan... AGAIN...

Sup Forums what are some gun control alternatives? The debate is up again as since shit hit the fan... AGAIN. Being a gun owner myself (nothing special just a rifle, few shotgun and some handguns, 2 of the 3 being ultra shite) I don't want to see them taken away, so what are some alternatives or regulations that could help, you think? Pro/con it best you can.

One of my ideas I kinda brainstormed up:

RFID chips in guns: not exactly the most effective way or anything, but could help at some point I think. In theory, The chip would ID the gun, (maybe) the person it belongs to, the caliber, and what I think is valuable, when it comes into a possibly dangerous area around a school, say 300m zone or something like that. Theoretically RFID transmitters in this area would immediately transmit to law enforcement when the gun is on the property or around this area and in the future maybe when someone is holding it, aiming it, etc. In a way that could be threatening. It could also maybe help SWAT teams, etc.

I also think that school definitely need more security these days. Metal detectors, more durable door locks, that whole shibang.

Nice quads.

RFIDs are an interesting idea, but probably wouldn't get past the gun lobby. Though right now the NRA is staffed with a bunch of capitulating bitches so maybe it would.
Better school security is the key. Most new schools have secure entrances where if you don't have an ID, or at some if your a student and late you have to be 'buzzed' in through a locked door. As these become more common the problem will solve itself.

Also video systems that will detect a gun as soon as it's seen on camera are becoming a thing, and not far off is the ability to spot a gun by its printing (the shape of the butt or grip showing through clothing).
The primary problem (as seen by a guy who sells security products to public entities) is a lack of commitment to actually protect the students, or perhaps an unwillingness to prioritize it in the spending.

semi-automatic gotta go

semiautomatic describes every single gun that isn't a revolver or pump/lever/bolt action you fucking retard.

Nah, a semi automatic is only capable of making a weapon fire rapidly. Some would say it's dangerous, I... Just don't see the argument. You want to talk cartridges, though, then you may have an argument. Average Joe likely wouldn't know how to zero in, say, a 9mm carbine or something similar. A 223., A 30-06., Those are the kind of calibers you see in shootings these days. Pistols CAN be used, but they all have fundamental issues with aiming effectively, range, and things like penetration (not that it really matters when firing at a soft target.) Regardless, rifles with those more capable calibers are becoming the trend because they're stable and easy to handle.

Why does "gun control" automatically mean guvments gonna take muh guns away. Is there no middle ground where, sure, certain guns are unobtainable (who needs an ak-47?), and others are fine for use? More stringent background checks and perhaps a little more regulation?

OP here. Didn't even notice the quads.

I find it odd that schools wouldn't take the steps, though. While surely on the expensive side, it's really only a few years of the budget and most schools would be cherry. But then again, some schools are better off than others in terms of age. I'm a senior at my high school and just last year our school spent something like 20 Mil on a new middle school (while not necessarily needed, it was a nice addition to the district.) It's a largely subterranean, very modern facility that's largely interior windows that are on par with ballistic glass... But the security is still lack, but there are no good angles for a shooter, so I digress. Point being it was a decent development but I still worry to an extended about the other schools in the district.

>lack of commitment to actually protect the students, or perhaps an unwillingness to prioritize it in the spending
Probably because schools barely get enough funding to pay their teachers.

Hire vets and ex cops to protect schools

Accept that unfortunately psychopathic murderers are simply balancing an equation.

There is no perfect answer to anything in the universe we live in. Everything has an opposite. A ying and a yang. A yes and no. An on or an off.

Good and bad are just interpretations of chaos. Too much of one thing will always result in chaos. You let chickens breed indefinitely? They outstrip the food supply. Chaos. You let foxes breed infinitely? They outstrip their food supply. Chaos. But put opposing forms of chaos in the same environment, and they create a balance.

You think introducing government regulations will solve the problem? Nope. It's just another form of chaos. Police-led violence against anyone who doesn't follow regulation, in order to try and solve violence. All you're doing is changing the way the violence is imposed. A different kind of chaos.

Yeah, it's not at all desirable for these individuals to go around harming others, but you cannot ever hope to stop it. You're only going to change the way in which it's carried out.

You're kinda looking at the wrong person. I have already accepted this fact. I seek to REDUCE the amount and make it safer, not necessarily by government regulations (should be obvious by me introducing school security as a primary reason that schools are targeted.)

Go to a thread with a bunch of anti-gun assholes to say that, not here. We're just trying to think up different ways to make this sort of problem less common.

This is now a get thread

10/10 quads

give everyone guns with chips.

The first step should be in limiting access to the school interior. Most newly designed schools do this to one degree or another. The second is staffing. Schools generally have less than 1 security officer per 100 students. No other public venue is this under staffed. Think about your average sporting event, you might think that a stadium with 10,000 people in it might not have a lot of security with just 5 or 6 police officers, but all of those people managing the parking, taking tickets, and showing people where their seats are count too. Each one is tasked with making sure people don't bring in outside food and drink and making sure people are where they are supposed to be. There is a virtual army of people making sure everyone is behaving properly. This frees up the cops to deal with the occasional jackass who gets too rowdy and drunk.
To say that where schools spend money is a debate unto itself would be an understatement. Suffice it to say that it's a matter of priorities and for some districts it would be more painful that others. Luckily or not, most school shooting happen in very affluent school districts who *should* have more money. One of the biggest impediments to daily violence in schools is the teacher's union. Security guards could assess and respond to security incidents if cameras were allowed in the classrooms but teachers unions absolutely forbid it.

They can't be taken away anyways. Even if they ignore the constitution there's far too many of them. It's one of the few things I can see actually causing a civil war.

this

More mental health institutions. We have way less now than we did in the 20th century, resulting in mass homelessness and an inability to assist those who suffer from mental illness.

OP Seconding this

This. /Thread

"Hurr you have the only acceptable solution but what I really want is a de facto repealing of the 2nd amendment so gtfo"

> The debate is up again

it's really not. no one is talking about gun control except a bunch of libtards and conservaturds on teeny websites like reddit & here.

This. "Shall not be infringed", not "this is temporary it's up for grabs at any time"

Round up all the mental shit heads and gas them.

nice quads

by bunch i assume you mean millions...plebbit, facebook, tumblr, the mainstream media (where crusaders replaced journalists)...

all it takes is one incident in the perfect political climate where a "screw the second amendment" bill is signed into law and ruled constitutional. sounds impossible

...sounds impossible until i suddenly found myself in the crosshairs of a tax penalty for not having health insurance