Hey Sup Forums. What would you call this chord? It keeps popping up in some fingerstyle songs I play from tabs...

Hey Sup Forums. What would you call this chord? It keeps popping up in some fingerstyle songs I play from tabs, but I'm not sure what it is. Standard tuning.

Other urls found in this thread:

scales-chords.com/chord-namer/guitar
vocaroo.com/i/s1QdJHsGBw06
chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The notes are B, D, G, D, (e?). don't know what to make of that

Depends on the right hand. Could be a partial G chord if the 2nd string B and 5th string C are played since you are only lacking the G on the first string as a root note.

Bm probably

scales-chords.com/chord-namer/guitar

It isn't barred though. It has 4 notes from a G major chord and is only lacking the roots.

I think you might be right. Just a G without the first and sixth string. Thanks guys!

G chord with E in bass & high E.. maybe like G/E

That is only if the right hand is actually plucking the low and high E. In More than Words you walk down to the chorus with this same shape as a partial witbout hitting the low string.

In dust in the wind: second chord in the verse. It fits playing a G instead I guess.
vocaroo.com/i/s1QdJHsGBw06

Actually, could it be a B/D of some kind? If you don't play the E strings.

chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

Holy shit you know nothing about actual music Sup Forums ,do you?

It is an Em7 chord , I can analyse it for you if you don't get it .

Damn, great resource, thanks. Says it's Em7, G/E, G6/E, or G6..

I think just hearing that made it make sense to me, but I'd love an analysis if you have time.

definitely a Em7

The top four strings make an E7, the fourth string being lowered from the normal E to a D (making it a 7-chord). The 2nd string is also a D, which fits into the 7. The first string is an E which obviously fits.

About like that?

Here we go , Low E is the root note ( E ) , then we have B ( on A string ) which is the perfect 5th of the chord , then we have the open D string which is the minor 7th , then the open G string which is our minor 3rd , then D (on the B string ) which is again a minor 7th and then open high E which is the root note again . I hope it helps .

How does it fit into the chord progression of say the verse in Dust in the Wind?
C, Em7, Am, G, Dm7, Am.
I've just recently started learning about music theory, the different modes and such. I find it really interesting but difficult to grasp,

Like I figured, but eloquently put haha. Thanks man!

No man an E7 chord is a major chord with a minor 7th , there is no major chord here ( there would be a G# instead of G if it was major )

Dust in the wind is in the key of C major , that makes the third degree of this scale an Em(7) .

everyone here is an idiot its B/G

Haha shit I meant Em7, my bad.

So C major scale: It's I - IIIm7 - VIm - V - IIm7 - VIm

I have so much more I want to know, but I have to get up in five hours, so I'm calling it a night. Thanks for all the help, Sup Forums!

These are correct

Correct , that's the chord progression degrees used in this song part .

>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

D major

Might be Em7 or G depending what strings you play.

No F# = No major . If it was D ( which it is not since there is no F either ), it would be minor .

It's that kind of major without the Fsharp