Why is Stranger Things so misogynisict?

Child actor Millie Brown has been applauded for her portrayal of the telekinetic child Eleven, and rightfully so: With her predilection for hoarding Eggo waffles, flipping vans, breaking people's GODDAMN NECKS WITH HER MIND and making schoolyard bullies piss in their pants, she's easily the most badass character of the series.

And yet, even Eleven has an Achilles heel: Despite her ability to save idiot 11-year-olds from falling off cliffs and her power to, once again, BREAK PEOPLE'S GODDAMN NECKS WITH HER GODDAMN MIND, all Eleven really wants to do is put on a powderpuff pink crinoline dress and look purdy for Mike.

mic.com/articles/150689/5-reasons-why-stranger-things-isn-t-the-feminist-show-of-our-dreams#.WKqgUh1ot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GHGpuYBjFKg
smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/25-white-people-cornrows
xojane.com/issues/feminism-has-made-men-lazy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yes because a girl liking a boy is weak and that means the show is misogynstic

Why are people so stupid nowadays

>sjw's turning against a show targeted at them
so same old same old, huh

The dress and wig was literally just a disguise to avoid the bad guys.

She can murder people with her mind, shitlord. Why would she care about Mike? Oh, right, because she's the only girl? Fuck that, it's the current year. The only person that can be attracted to Mike without it being problematic is Will for some reason.

Because no one gets the shit kicked out of them anymore.

Back in the day if you were a fucking weirdo you were targeted and humiliated or assaulted.

Then people started being "accepting" of others and now if you're a femynyst with a shaved head who walks around wearing a strap on didlo and a shirt that says men should die you're just being yourself, no one will criticize you.

*sigh*

She's a kid without a friend in the world, she just wants to fit in. She'll catch on when Mike hits puberty and just wants to eat Cheetos and watch action movies all day.

It's just the mental illness that is liberalism. Just like they want gun control because they cannot trust themselves with a weapon.

Just remember this opinion is one shared by a very small minority.

>wtf, humans as social creatures have a natural compulsion to fit in? A female actually has a disposition to her gender role? I hate society now!!!!
Why do these people have the idea that every piece of media absolutely has to reflect their own personal fantasy?

>misogyny only exists because liberalism

I don't think you understand what words mean.

>easily the most badass character of the series.

this qt potato has a decent video about this subject

youtube.com/watch?v=GHGpuYBjFKg

Yes, it is better to go around murdering people then trying to live a normal life with friends.

It's 2016, lad, the world done changed... for real

that's the part i liked, she's a total recluse raised in a lab and has psychic powers yet deep down she wants to be a girl trying to find herself

these roastie bitches ride the cock carousel. they say it is empowering to get fucked by a big giant dick. so why can't a PERSON denied intimacy their entire lives not be attracted towards the boy protagonist? Hmmm? I guess since Eleven looks like a boy the feminists subconsciously conclude that she isn't entitled to affection in this evil world?

Or you know. She's a girl who doesn't want to kill everyone in the world,

Realized there was more to life then killing everyone with her mind.

That's pretty deep honestly....

>If you're powerful, you can't like boys
yeajust fucking STOP

>2) The slut-shaming of Carol and Tommy.

So her point is that the show is anti-feminist because some of the characters are assholes? Does she realize that you are not supposed to like those two characters? They are cartoonishly hatable. It's their whole thing. Does she also think Dark Knight is pro-murder because the Joker is in it?

>EJ Dickson
So THAT'S where he is

>Waah I can't beat on minorities anymore without social ostracizing. White people are being oppressed!

These are the retards who complain about Game of Thrones having rape scenes. Fiction should respect our feelings

>all Eleven really wants to do is put on a powderpuff pink crinoline dress and look purdy for Mike.

Don't we all?

This. The author of this article is autistic as fuck

>kids have a pure love made by mutually saving each others asses and growing up bla bla bla
>UM THIS IS NOT OK WHY WOULD ROMANCE BE OK STOP DOING THAT

Fucking annoying

This. Why are random idiots paid to write these crappy articles? How does this job work? I want a part in it, I wanna be paid to write stupid senseless shit too.

And the boy wanted to be liked by the girl. This is how sex works.

I never mentioned race you fat faggot i mentioned weirdos. Back in the day your my little pony loving ass would have been followed home and beaten with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and you would have deserved it.

When there's no one keeping people in check they get out of control.

This is how shows about kids in the 80s work too

I mean this wasn't the current year so boys and girls were still allowed to be attracted to one another and fall in love

but no now its the current year so it triggers some cunt article writer that there's a normal relationship in this sci fi shlock tv series

I mean jesus christ what has the world come to

What an enlightened time. Back when social norms were maintained by caveman ethics rather than just ignoring shit you don't like.

So what's stopping you from braining the bronies, pussy? What, you think that shit was legal in the 80s? Sounds like you're part of the problem.

White males being attracted to white females is the second fucking Holocaust according to Liberals.

If one of them isn't black or it isn't homosexual, it's to be condemned.

wtf this little girl doesn't want to MURDER PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!?!?!

>when you're so bitter and hateful that you get mad when fictional children don't want to snap the necks of the people you resent

Why do faggots like this meme show?

Is it cause they're too young to remember actual steven king movies? Or so deeply pleb that even those movies are just flickers in their imagination from skimming TV channels?

I did my part kicking the shit out of faggots when i was growing up but now there are a shitload of different hate laws they'll charge me with, it's not worth it.

>implying "slut-shaming" makes you an asshole

It doesn't. It makes you a logical person with decent standards.

He didn't imply that, the author did, they just are assholes on the show

>I did my part kicking the shit out of faggots
No you didn't

> but now there are a shitload of different hate laws
>Not instilling enough fear and respect that they won't tattle

Get a load of this beta cuck.

i like it because it's a well made homage to the 80's movie i really liked. It has nice visuals. good acting especially the kids

It is such a great movie/series

>girls want to look pretty
>guys want to be big and strong
Fucking shitlords

>hurr guys I beat up kids weaker than me over something that was different about them that didn't effect me, aren't I cool?

You talk about your "glory days" to your normie friends too?

lmao

This.

Anybody got that comic of "Before the Internet" and "After the Internet" with the guy that thinks he's a female otherkin fox from the 17th century, and his parents respond by beating his ass till he shapes up?

>Look at sidebar
>'Is it ever ok for whitey to wear cornrows?'

>you will never get a psychic handjob by 11 with her hair grown short

The black kid couldn't close his mouth

it got so fucking distracting at some points

he literally could not close his mouth it was always hanging open in an O shape

literally go to any scene with him in and you will see exactly what I mean straight away its nuts

Stranger Things was literally the best thing ever until everyone else agreed it was great and now the normies like it it must be shit so dig up whatever retarded muhsoggyknee reason you can to justify being an insufferable hipster twat that no one likes.

Mike is a bretty cool frog. He's brave and caring and smug. Why shouldn't she want to look pretty for him?

Literally human garbage

>Mic
>Vox
>Last Men On Earth

Why do they have to ruin everything

I'd like to see that.

Maybe if these Harpie's weren't screeching 24/7 for years and years I wouldn't view El being attracted to a girl as forced. But now thanks to these retards a lesbian relationship always comes off as pandering. So I hope her and the jew boy share true love.

You'd think that after more than half a decade of stupid clickbait articles you'd have learned to not take them seriously.

Mike and Will hook up in season 2, Duffers confrimed.

>your pic
At this point do we even want the human race to go on

She could telekinetically massage my prostate during sex!!

Yeah, because then you'll go to jail where you get to find out what a tough guy you are with someone other than the chess club.

normal girls can kill people whenever too, if they want. I don't give a shit though, the show would be better if she just went on an unstoppable murder rampage.

>character is not a mary sure
>feminist: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

consider killing yourself

I've been to jail it's nothing like Oz, if you mind your business no one fucks with you.

The niggers are supposed to be big and bad but they just fight each other.

>I've been to jail it's nothing like Oz, if you mind your business no one fucks with you.

Cool story bro, except I'm talking to someone who specifically describes his commitment to not minding his business and his contempt for the concept of not fucking with people.

Internet + "everyone is a winner" mentality
+ capitalism
Used to be that if you're a weirdo, no one will like you so you had to either conform or become an outcast

Now all the wierdos have a voice in the internet so some sites became a cesspool of those people
Granted, Sup Forums is such site since people cared so much about "muh secret club" and being anonymous on here makes it's pretty hard be someone of significance which means that no one is trying to be the most special one

But other places don't follow this method and they just want to be someone who isn't like the others and they all push the envelope on "uniqueness"

Which led sites like Buzzfeed and the like to cash in on these people, giving them affirmation and a drive to continue

Luckly, in a few years, this will all blow over since the cutthroat nature of these people is growing
Take SJWs for instance, they used to be all about "Women should do everything men do (in media of course, they don't want the downsides of it) and more rights to the LGBT community"
Now it's "White women shouldn't call themselves feminists and gay men are the same as straight men"

Just hold on, this will be over before you know it
Possibly because a huge war or a world conflict is on the horizon

is the thinking that you no longer have to put effort into being liked once you can kill people with your mind? "If they can't love you as they are they can just fuck off"

>minorities
minorities hate this shit more than most
nepotism and being part of the in group

>A mother with a missing child should stop acting so worried! Just sit back and explore who you are because that shit ain't feminist

>Just hold on, this will be over before you know it
sweet sweet ouroboros
>Possibly because a huge war or a world conflict is on the horizon
it is not

Would this person still be complaining if her crush was a black kid?

Of course not.

You were talking to me smart one and i do mind my business except when someone acts like a weirdo. I don't kick the shit out of people just because they are gay or just because they like weird shit i do it when people rub it in your face or take pride in it.

If you're a certain way then just be that way and don't expect others to accept you, in jail no one acted flamboyant because you would get your shit rocked.

don't do it satan
smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/25-white-people-cornrows

Look up "criticism" with a capital C and it should tell you everything you need to know about why this shit is happening.

>WHY CAN'T THEY ALL BE LONELY HAGS LIKE ME

>Nancy
Nancy was just a contrarian and there is nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone you like.
>"grieving mom" trope.
have not seen it on tvtropes. womans son is missing and things genius thinks she should "Buy a Deepak Chopra book, and maybe a vibrator while you're at it, and learn a little bit more about who Joyce Byers really is. " basically abandon everything to go on self searching quest like that bitch from lovely bones

>Barb
>oh no a woman died
Barb was slut-shaming and she got punished with death. her mom did take the advice of buying the Deepak Chopra book, make up your mind you dumb bitch

>but no now its the current year so it triggers some cunt article writer that there's a normal relationship
now you are supposed to shamble from 1 emotionally technicolored idiot to another until you grow out of it, get stuck or kill yourself

Women worry too much about trying to be everything a man can be and lose sight of what makes women unique, fucking feminazis

>implying
women stopped trying to be everything a man can be ages ago. Now they want all the comfy jobs, all the male privileges + their existing female privileges.still pushing the "have it all" bull. those women that catch on to reality are to later
xojane.com/issues/feminism-has-made-men-lazy
while anitas and Melissa Click of the world take off with the money bags

The author of this article should be murdered.

Hey people are whining there aren't enough female visitors to Westworld, when all of the show's baddest asses who aren't MiB are women. Even white hat is getting shown up by his would be damsel.

>"G.. G.. go away, y.. you big bully..."
LMFAO

Very true pic. We're on the brink of plunging into the hard times. Glad most of these retards won't make it.

The weirdest thing I ever did was just not talk to anybody and keep to myself, yet I still got picked on. All that bullying ever did was make me a cynical bitter adult who stays inside all the time and tries to avoid people as much as possible.
So thanks a lot assholes. You made me want to avoid people altogether.

>girl kid likes boy kid
>feeling pretty makes her feel good about herself
>THIS IS MISOGYNY
fuck sake.

why do these people have to project all their fucking issues onto everything they see? regular people just see that scene and go, awwww, thats so cute. what the fuck is up with these people?

Because it's an 80s movie trope.

it made me really emotionally invested

Because it's...

THE FUCKING 80S... 1980S... THE... 80S... it's not 20 fucking 16 in the show.

xd lmao

It wasn't a desire for the cock reflecting her role as a sexual object or the object of a male character's romantic desires, it was a plain old desire for normalcy. Before Eleven is an 'oppressed female' she's a freak. She didn't want to be seen that way.

Is this shit so hard to understand? Both feminists and anti-feminists seem to have a hard time understanding that women can have HUMAN struggles only tangentially related to their gender.

which friend will mike have a gay relationship with?

>find pretty sister all glamoured up in pictures pretty
>want to feel pretty while avoiding confrontation
>finally feels like the pretty girl she admired in the photo

why the fuck can't individual girls want to look like something they like? do feminists want all women to have a mannish hivemind?

this is pretty tough... hmmm, its not gonna be will because white male, so its either gonna be the black kid or the genetically deformed one. or maybe they'll really push the envelope and try the science teacher, its almost 2017 after all.

>"the weirdest thing I ever did was act weird, now I AM weird because of other people"

You're dealing with SJW's. SJW's do not employ logic or facts in their arguments.

>hmmm, its not gonna be will because white male
the whole "do you even like baseball?" flashback was a euphemism for Lonnie trying to pray the gay away
especially with the "you shouldn't like things because other people tell you you're supposed to" comment

yeah, how dare someone want to look good for the person they like just because they're a girl

They're like fucking 8 years old dude. They don't know what the fuck gay even actually means.

I'm weird, I keep to myself, I'm silent af, people still like me pretty much all the time
Maybe you are a pussy, user
Be confident in your weirdness and it'll get you laid
Also workout
In real life, most people either don't give a fuck about you or just don't want any problems themselves
Throw away your fears m8

I hate this show, I imagine it's popularity is driven by adults who were born in the 80s. I imagine some 35 year old redditors watching a bunch of kids who they can relate to after being bullied for being little dweebs in school.