Do you think that in abot 10 years Death grips will be just as cringy as Slipknot?

Do you think that in abot 10 years Death grips will be just as cringy as Slipknot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZO40wps5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rbpU6LDeq4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah because Slipknot was never not cringy

Neither was Death Grips, if anything they're worse. Slipknot never had a meme culture attached to them

meme culture did nothing but help Death Grips desu
Slipknot is dad-numetal

Slipknot is a meme band with a sincere following
Death Grips is a sincere band with a meme following

Nu-metal itself is a dad genre.

I like that description, although I do consider myself a sincere fan of DG

I dunno if it's always been but I'd like to think so

>a dad genre.

i fucking hate you

Fuck me up those are terrible masks. Why did Slipknot have to turn to shit?

>implying the masks were ever cool

>Death Grips is a sincere band
wew pretty cringe if true

masks can be cool if done right. also helps if they don't take themselves too seriously

>Daaaaad
>Why do you have to play Ring A Bell every time we go for our family trip at Cuck mountain
>That's so lame

you weren't 12 in 1998, my man

shit was fucking BAD

an entire generation of white boys in JNCO jeans with spiked up hair and wallets with chains who listened exclusively to rap metal and weird al parody songs, breaking up ditch weed on cracked Bloodhound Gang CD cases, wearing silver ball-chain necklaces with juggalo logo pendants

that shit wasn't even a statement back then; it was almost the norm--I didn't see a bass with less than five strings until I was 20 years old

I don't think DG will be remembered in 10 years.

It's a dad genre

Actually, electronic music is the new dad genre.
Kids being born today have parents that listen to edm, and whatever shit is trendy on the radio - all electronic.
When today's kids grow up, in 10 years or less, they will see electronic music as a dad thing.

Electronic music has been a dad genre since the 60s tho

This dude knows what's up. I do NOT miss that shit.

Yeah but it wasn't until now that electronic music will actually start being seen as a dad thing.
Today's kids see rock as dad genre. Tomorrow's kids will see trap, dubste, etc as dad genres. Not yet, but almost there.

Yeah, but trendy cringey stuff has always happened.
I think spiky haired guys with cargo shorts are a little bit less cringey than something like pic related.
Anyway, teens gonna teen.

someone screenshot this post because it's correct

damn

fuckin poet up in here boys

goddamn penguin classic

william carlos fuck williams

ts goddamn eliot.

bet this motherfucker comes and goes talkin about michelangelo

FUCK

the notion of "le dad rock" is top tier cringe.

Well yeah but nobody on Sup Forums can tell what's cringey or not because they listen to tryhard faux edgy bullshit like death grips and animal collective

animal collective sucks

death grips is dope

Honestly if you listen to anything except vaporwave or trap you're a cringey old man

yes I was. The current "meme culture" is way worse than anything back then. Jncos and spiked hair were just the clothing fashion, the kids themselves were pretty laid back. There was nothing like spergs repeating memes like "SO NOIDED!!!" or "IT GOES IT GOES" etc... Internet meme culture is way worse than anything back then.

>There was nothing like spergs repeating memes
of course there were

but nobody said "spergs" or "meme"

i guess you're the problem.

They already are.

Meme culture as we know it didn't exist until the mid-2000s. Kids were way more individualistic back then even though they wore similar clothing.

you are blinded by nostalgia

Came here to post this

i came when you posted this

I would fucking KILL to experience adolescence in the late 90s. Every single thing you wrote sounds so much chiller and less autistic than today.

Those people only existed on the internet, I've never ran into anyone who spouted that shit. Death Grips isn't even popular or fashionable anymore. anyways.
You're probably getting memes mixed up with reality.

no, they already are

death grips fans are far worse than slipknot fans

>"SO NOIDED!!!" or "IT GOES IT GOES"
lul what the hell are these even? First time that I've ever seen either one (I'm a shut in though so maybe that's why).

FUCKING

BREND
R
E
N
D

As someone BORN in 1998, this imagery really helped me understand exactly WHY people hate Nu-Metal quite so much. So thanks.

Why are you kids so fucking young? When I first came to Sup Forums the average age here was at least 25+. Now the board is full of teenagers like you.

Are you like 30 now old man?

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

tick

tick

tick

tick

only in america. typical.

stop vindicating trump voters asshole.

They already are.

Slipknot is fun-tier. They were never my favourite band in school but they're one of the few I go back to listen to and unironically enjoy, same with some bands like Escape the Fate and Trivium.

Stone Sour's new album was really good.

Death Grips is the opposite, I enjoyed them when I first heard them but they have aged like milk. I can't understand why I listened to that avant-garde bleep bloop trash.

Just you wait, nu-metal will age better than anything the 10's has produced, there will be an 00's revival movement down the track. Death Grips wont even be a relic.

fuck off europussy

based

Death Grips is literally just meme garbage. You can't understand the rapper 98% of the time, he's not technically that great of a rapper, his lyrics are always the same redundant edgelords shit an emo 12 yr. old would write.

NOBODY cared about Death Grips before the melon made them famous. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, you can lie to yourself, you can lie to me, you know deep down it's the truth. Death Grips was nothing if it wasn't for Fantano, you didn't listen to them until his review. Now reply to this saying you did while trying to deny the fact you're just a hipster whitebeast latching on what Sup Forums likes.

N-NO U JUS DONT GET IT NORMIE DEATH GRIPS IS SO REBELLIOUS AND INTELLECTUAL, I AM SO COUNTER CULTURE AND INDIE HEAR ME ROAR!11111

The fact that you’re asking this tells me you don’t even understand what makes bands like Slipknot embarrassing.

actually I think MC Ride's vocals are alright. it fits their aesthetic perfectly, the one thing I find massively overrated about Death Grips is the production. There are a few good ones but the majority are random incoherent noises with no thought or effort put into their creation.

THIS
the 90s was the worst decade

I don’t listen to Death Grips, but they’re clearly the only musicians actually pushing anything which could be considered original art at this point. They have the autistic internet aesthetic, which is why memes only fuel their popularity.

This is a bad post.

DG is just ironic fun. They won't have the longevity of Slipknot

Well what will the kids be listening to that somehow is “beyond” electronic?

you paint a very nice picture with those words user

If DG won't be remembered in 10 years then no band from the 2010s will be remembered in 10 years. Use your brain.

what's wrong with this? sounds like a comfy subculture, better than those we have now

they're a cult band and all of you are retarded for thinking that they won't retain a portion of their following and attract newcomers. that's most Sup Forums-core bands essentially

Slipknot is one of the most influential metal bands of all time whether you like it or not

Also y'all niggas don't know 'bout that nu metal revival
youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZO40wps5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rbpU6LDeq4E

Is this real opinion here? I'm new on Sup Forums.

le ebin WRONG GENERATION!!

Guy's most likely just trolling because the entire second half of his post is wrong, DG was always popular here

I listened to exmilitary several years before I even heard of fantano, and I don’t even like dg

death grips is literally babby's first "experimental" music. The irony is no matter how edgy their songs try so hard to be, they're actually very bland and forgettable