youtube.com/watch?v=GX-SYhzfaf0
youtube.com/watch?v=l_a2GN0Ix4o
argoatv.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overrated and campy.

It's the uniforms, desu.

Insightful and deep analysis, user.

i'll agree with this

the TOS movies (the even ones) mined the then 20 year history of Star Trek, added gravitas and true characterization and produced some pretty good movies.

I'd give my left testicle if someone could do the same with TNG, but the window is closed.

I just watched the tos series and was a bit surprised it was the kirk, spock and bones show, unlike all the other st series. Are the movies the same?

but what does god need with a starship?

They average out good, but not all of them were especially great. Trek 2 is where most of the positive street cred comes from, since it was great as a movie in general and not just as a Trek movie. Trek 6 was pretty good too.

First Contact was reasonably solid, even if it had some questionable scenes.

Nemesis a best

Personally I've always saw the movies as fun supplements for the televisions shows. Instead of sci-fi political/philosophical driven plots, the movies have to conform to an action blockbuster. There are definitely great ones, but they're not why I like trek.

Now ST is a boring blockbuster film trilogy that is too bland to stand out among its competition, with a mess of a tv show coming to a 'literally who' streaming service.

I mean, fuck how hard would it be to make a regular trek show and air it on a basic cable channel? And set it post-Nemesis instead of another fucking prequel.

aw fuck didn't mean that as a reply

Eww, no. Bad movie.

bad opinion

>Opinion

It's common consensus.

Ask the first hobo you find, he will say it's shit.

Sheeiit I don't know why I put common.

>common consensus.
Plinkett is not common concensus.

Holy shit, nigga. Nemesis might be underrated, but it was by far the worst received Star Trek movie, with the exception of The Final Frontier.

FF is underrated too.

>Roger Ebert, December 13, 2002.
>2/4
>I'm sitting there during "Star Trek: Nemesis," the 10th "Star Trek" movie, and I'm smiling like a good sport and trying to get with the dialogue about the isotronic Ruritronic signature from planet Kolarus III, or whatever the hell they were saying, maybe it was "positronic," and gradually it occurs to me that "Star Trek" is over for me.
>I've been looking at these stories for half a lifetime, and, let's face it, they're out of gas.

>Redlettermedia review, sometime in 2008

People disliked the movie before Plinkett fanboys appeared.

Ugh, I hate that Elvis Impersonator. Leave fan films to the real captains of industry.

>Roger Ebert
>Plinkett

Think for yourself, for fuck's sake.

said Nemesis was the best film, which either from the TNG series of the Star Trek movie series as a whole is total shit.

He's right. Even amongst its peers:

Generations: Fun, Season 5-7 TNG style adventure on the BIG SCREEN with Kirk Cameo

First Contact: The true inspiration for Trek 2009, truly an "Action Movie with a Star Trek" skin, it's still a kick-ass movie

Insurrection: Seems like a boring DS9 episode, but with the TNG cast.

>2/4.
The same score you gave to A Clockwork Orange and Brazil, you tasteless hack?

How is he right by saying Nemesis is the best when you just defended the other films?

>Pointing out a known film critic
>You don't think for yourself

Every fucking time for fuck's sake. I think you need to change your goddamn opinions nigger.

I can put here millions of reviews of more autistic people, hell I can make you a goddamn review. It won't change a fuck because you can't clearly take criticism.

Yeah, the movie is not totally retarded, and hell, I think it's competent. But goddamn it if it's a good movie, fucking kill yourself if you think it's the best Star Trek movie.

As someone who saw every trek film theatrical release since Final Frontier, I can attest that the general consensus among causal fans, hardcore Trekkies and everyone in between that Nemesis has generally been disliked by many, if not most.

ds9 and tng are the best treks

4 = 6 > 2 > 1 > 3 = 12 > 5 > 6 = 8 > 7 = 10 > 9 > 11

Okay? That was my point. I don't see why you're saying that.

By the way, Trek fans have such awful taste as to have voted Into Darkness the worst, which means they're willing to prefer films incompetent on almost every level such as Nemesis, Insurrection, and Generations merely because they give the impression they're for the fans because they use the original cast, and despise at least sleekly made film with a bad script that is Into Darkness.

>incompetent on almost every level
PLinkett is not reality.

You responded to with , as if was attacking Nemesis, when he clearly wasn't.

I specifically left out First Contact. I'm speaking from my experience watching the films after loving the series so much and being shocked at how awful they were, even First Contact, which was much worse than I remember. I formed this opinion completely independent from watching Plinkett's reviews, so do us all a favor and kill yourself, or make some attempt to defend them.

>shocked at how awful they were,
wew lad
drama queen

Are you just going to shitpost? Maybe "disappointed" would have been better. Why can't you offer any arguments defending the films, especially Nemesis?

I don't like it because it's not Star Trek. It's unlikely B4 would have been made and the movie suggests Data kills his brother for being retarded which is out of character. Shinzon the Hedgehog has a weak motivation and just seems whiny, so I never feel like he's a real threat. Everything in the movie happens together too coincidentally. The Janeway cameo is lame. DS9 and Voyager should have gotten movies instead of Insurrection and Nemesis. Even the cast admits it was bad. They only wanted it to still be a TNG movie so they can make more money.

Because you've already made up your mind and I'm secure in my appreciation of Nemesis.

>Data kills his brother
>The Janeway cameo is lame.
>Even the cast admits it was bad.

Sup Forums is shit

>you didn't agree with me
>it's not fair

I didn't actually make up my mind. There were many positive aspects about Nemesis and it might actually be a better film than Insurrection and Generations, but that's not saying much. The actions scenes were still poorly done and well below the standards of the time, and this is possibly one of the worst scenes in cinematic history I've ever seen

youtube.com/watch?v=GX-SYhzfaf0

There are probably ones that are lazier or even more repulsive somehow, but this is one of the few times I look at a scene and I want to turn my head because of how horrible the color scheme is. It's not even consistent with the previous scene when they find B4's torso. If you look at the behind the scenes videos, all they did is go to some area probably in the afternoon in extremely dull and gray whether and just add this hideous filter to it to give it the impression of some alien planet.

What is the point of your posting if you're not going to defend your opinion? You're only saying that you liked the movie, not why or reasons why disliking it aren't valid.

Get the fuck out of here then.

You have plenty boards to choose from, hell you have also plebbit.

Stop whining like a retard and say why you think user is wrong.

>one of the worst scenes in cinematic history I've ever seen
I just can't take this level of hyperbole seriously.

I'm pretty serious. If you mention another scene with such a searingly bad color scheme that would compel me to look away, I would like to see it.

Merely saying that doesn't make it good.

>Two elderly gentlemen and their overweight friend go 4-wheeling

Seems like good fun to me.

Again, watch the scene. It made little sense in the context of the film, it was bizarre product placement, and it was made in an extremely lazy manner of just filming an area in natural light and just adding a filter to change the color.

I can think of bigger wastes of time in the TNG film era.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

I havent seen the newest star trek movie but I think star trek 'reboot' films are fine.

Theyre sure as fuck better than any of the TNG ones, not that is any accomplishment with how shit they were.

Oh, that was pretty terrible to. Still, the coloring there wasn't so hideous and it wasn't so idiotic for Shinzon to send the Enterprise to a planet infested with dangerous life forms.

meme

>TOS movie

youtube.com/watch?v=l_a2GN0Ix4o

That's implying TOS was even good to begin with.

TNG > AIDS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ellen > TOS

>Chief of Security
>Doesn't know how the phaser alarm works

Jesus Christ, Pavel.

Why are there four phasers on the wall in the kitchen?

>These fuckin kids, Bones. They don't even know. 'member the fuckin Guardian of Forever?

sometimes the kitchen staff serves cooked boots for dinner and the crew mutinies.

Why the hell was he Chief of Security? He was qualified to be an XO four movies earlier, he should be a CO by then.

Same with Worf, he shouldn't go back to being Chief of Security either. TUC screwed over Chekov like Nemesis screwed over Worf.

>Chekov
>qualified

Other than the ability to operate a Tricorder per the instruction manual, Chekov has shown no capacity to do anything competently.

Wasn't Worf just there for the wedding?

Oh sure, I'm sure there's a cut line about how he's due back at the Embassy for Targ hunting season.

Cut because nothing that happened on DS9 mattered or effected the greater canon of Star Trek, unlike pic related.

I liked the Janeway cameo.

He's assigned to the Enterprise, and he goes off with Picard to seek another adventure at the end.

But as first officer. According to the books.

Are they ordered to go find some weird shit that takes over the ship, makes the crew go insane, or forces them to make an ethical decision about the fate of a species?

>product placement

U wot

I don't recall the Argo having a Ford logo on it

goddamn why can't trek ever be this comfy again

I think Paramount sabotaged it on purpose to make the fans more receptive to a reboot.

bait and pleb

first contact was pure shit.
everyone not living in the U S and A is sick of dull stories of cliche americans.
and the black woman was fucking annoying.

i liked Insurrection more, even if the story doesn't make sense.

nemesis wasn't good but not as bad as people say, not worse than first contact for sure.

And you people, you're all astronauts on some kinda Star Trek The Next Generation.

argoatv.com/

As far as product placement goes, it's pretty terrible in its effectiveness, as the market for these things must be quite small, and who would buy them for their depiction in a scene that takes hundreds of years after our time?

huh, those don't even look like the same thing

you sure its not just a coincidence?

The part in Beyond where Spock finds this is amazing. Too bad that version of the crew will never come close to the picture.

Now that I see, it probably is.

especially since Chekov is gone

Why did they serve Crewman Dax's boots instead of just keeping a stock of emergency dinner boots around?

Cinema Sins tore these dumb movies apart, and he is right.

>JJ Trek above anything

I wonder if they'll so a movie remake of the TNG characters?

I can't imagine how when Picard would always resort to peace when he could. It would be extremely difficult.

The main exception that comes to mind is when Picard kills 5 fucking terrorists on that ship, like 3 with his bare hands and 2 with explosives.

>>trek will never be as good as TOS movies ever again
Most of the TOS movies are great, but they're still just movies, a couple of hours of storylines, and they work because they're excellent storylines about characters we already love. Without TOS, the movies would have just been fairly strange campy sci-fi bits.

best trek beaming in.

>There will never again be 5 Star Trek movies in a row which start and end within a few days of each other.

The TNG movies really missed a trick there, they could have just made 5 more double episodes and it would have been great.

that arc was only 2-3-4 bru

I assume that 5 is only a week later since they still don't have the ship fixed.

TNG should have ditched Patrick Stewart when he wanted more money and carried on as a series with Ronny Cox, then continue on with a rotating cast like Law and Order for 20-30 years desu

>TNG should have ditched Patrick Stewart when he wanted more money
I don't think that's why they canceled the series. Also, the episodes were getting weaker and weaker, so they might as well have cancelled it when they did.

Well the lifespan of the series is a pre-planned type thing, but I'm pretty sure that's to do with the increasing costs of the actors year to year

They used the 7 year model for all of them, its just ENT that failed to survive..

New actors could have refreshed the storylines desu..

>that's to do with the increasing costs of the actors year to year
My understanding is that's exactly what it had to do with, meaning removing Stewart would not have been sufficient.

>New actors could have refreshed the storylines desu..
Nobody wanted to TNG without the original crew. Why did anybody see the awful TNG unless it had the crew from the series?

star trek beyond was better than all the tos movies and more true to the series than any of them

>Nobody wanted to TNG without the original crew.
>implying

>I'm pretty sure that's to do with the increasing costs of the actors year to year
Except for Patrick Stewart, basically everyone in Trek was a literally who when the show started, surely the one show isn't enough to make them prohibitively expensive after 7 years?

>Posts picture from Star Trek V

Interesting choice, user, but I agree.

>My God man, I tried to save him! I tried to save him! I was desperate to save him! He was the last, best hope in the universe for peace.

go back to your containment starwars threads

You say that now, but at the time we hated him.

Well, maybe you weren't alive back then.

K. I guess they could have tried it, but it would have killed the show. You do realize, despite what some parts of the audience might want, it's the majority that determines the ratings?

I doubt much of the cast would have stayed on without a larger pay increase.

TV shooting is hard, and they were loaded already. I know Spiner probobly wouldnt have been too keen to stay longer.