Why do people say his death is what ruined the show?

Why do people say his death is what ruined the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mt94UE38q6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People started realizing how shot the show became.

They should have ended after season 2.

Because it was the prefect example of what happened to the later seasons.

It was stupid, unrealistic, and played right into the fan service

Because he was the final boss...not some literal who pseudo-Nazis

The show died with Tuco.

Grilled should have ended the show. It was the peak episode of the series.

Because he was the last compelling antagonist the show had to offer.

Gus was a great character. He was smart, careful, manipulative, calm, and extremely dangerous. For someone like Walt, whose strength is his ability to think his way out of problems, Gus was the perfect character for him to square off against. By killing Gus, not only did they kill the most compelling character/antagonist that the series had to offer, but they also failed to fill his shoes. The only bigger threats to Walt would have been the Cartel (which Gus took out), and the DEA (which Walt managed to handle just fine even after Hank found out). Instead, they replaced Gus with Todd and his white trash neonazi family. They came out of nowhere and they were a terrible fit for the show. They also didn't even come close to having the same chemistry with Walt that Walt had with Gus. The back and forth and tension between Gus and Walt were some of the best moments of the show and that could never be replaced by whatever Todd's group were supposed to be.

So why did Gus turn into a skeleton?

because it was cartoony as fuck. i mean i guess you could say the scary beaner twins were also cartoony, but this was too much.

>Why do people say his death is what ruined the show?

I have no clue.
The introduction of his character is what ruined the show.

Essentially, the whole Juarez Cartel thing was treated so fucking poorly and the whole Gus thing was so unrealistic and retarded.

What do you mean? The show ended right there.

+1

how do i upvote this good man

Because that was the turning point where Walter stopped being relatable, and he stopped having any real chance of consequences or failure. He didn't even lose when he died.

these But it also should've ended there. That was the conclusion of the story, there was literally nothing left do. Yet, inexplicably, the show kept going.

You have to know when to fucking end a story.

Season 5 should have been Walt vs. Jesse or Hank if they were going to blow their load with Gus' death. Bringing in literally who Nazis after killing Gus feels like beating your dick well after orgasm.

You can't end the story with Walt winning in the end. The whole point is that Walt uses his family as an excuse and inevitably has to fail for his actions. The series can't end at season 4, it would completely miss the point.

They made the finale to season 4 a fucking ending.

Don't want your series to end in a way you don't want it to? Don't write your shit awfully.

It was basically the high point of the show, with gus being the final boss

Because the episode after he died the show went full retard with the electromagnet attack on the police station

>breaking reddit

>Because that was the turning point where Walter stopped being relatable, and he stopped having any real chance of consequences or failure.

I sure can relate to being offered 1.2m to work in an underground illegal drug making compound in order to kill a cartel

The point of the pseudo Nazi was that after Walt took off, there was a power vacuum that almost anybody could have filled. They just had the manpower. They didn't stand the chance.

That being said, the final boss should've been Walt himself. The redemption angle pissed all over the whole point of the show. The finale should've ended with someone putting him down because he would never have stopped on his own.

Gus was amazing, complex, and deep.

He was better than Walt; he was what Walt wanted to become.

It broke suspension of disbelief, that Walt would win in this scenario. Really think about it.

Gus was an end-game that should have won, but he was meme'd to death.

Fuck... I want a Gus prequel.

Because everything after Gus' death was fucking garbage.

>He was smart, careful, manipulative, calm, and extremely dangerous

Heh, just like me

You greentexted my entire post, don't pretend anyone's ever going to offer you a job

If Gus had the psychic ability to detect bombs as demonstrated in this scene how come he allowed himself to be killed by one later?

>don't pretend anyone's ever going to offer you a job

Especially if I decide to start making meth in an RV. Nobody else should pretend either.

He was intense in every scene.

You couldn't even make math in an RV.

Actual meth cook here.

If you can bake a batch of cookies you can make a batch of meth. The trick is getting fredin

I miss comfy BrBa threads now...

Well, studying differential equations is hard enough. Trying to do it in a cramped RV probably wouldnt work out well.

Was he the first of the Walking Dead?

god this was retarded

It really put an exclamation point on the whole gus character

But the final boss is Hank

Maybe the final boss was Walt himself.

Why? It's not unheard of four soldiers to walk around like nothing happened for a short period after getting shelled

There's a big difference between shell shock and taking a shell to the face.

>inevitably has to fail for his actions
Why is that? Because he's bad? There is no "inevitably has to fail". You wanted him to fail. You're Jesse, moaning about how Walt just keeps getting away with it because it offends your sense of justice. But reality won't magically conform to your desires and neither should a story.

It's funny that Walt still died fulfilled anyway, never facing justice for his crimes.

Just like with Death Note, the show died when they killed the villain during the middle of the show.

Your body has a few minutes of ATP and people have been known to survive a metal pole literally through their skull.

If you think the gus's last scene was unrealistic you're stupid.

It didn't. They just didn't know what to do after. If they were going to continue after Gus it should have been about Walt becoming his own crime boss, but they pussyed out.

Dude you can make meth with two bottles and some batteries. Some retards started their car on fire at a gas station not far from my house. Literally bought the supplies and tried making it in the parking lot

A buddy of mine was blinded in combat and thought he just had dirt in his eye the whole time he remembers between getting blown up and falling unconscious.

Sorry, half-blinded. He'd lost a bit of his skull, too

Does Sup Forums not like season 5? I thought that was the best season desu.

Tuco was such a shit character made worse thanks to the awful performance by the retard playing him.

Eat a dick. Tuco was amazing.

Oh my God I forgot I watched that with Sup Forums. I was still in denial but even then it felt like a different show

Okay

Following up
Tuco worked great as a contrast to Mr. White. He was a drug dealer whose success came from his brutality and connections while Walter White succeeded due to his obscurity and genius. His existence made Walter's success that much more exciting.

>inb4 jaded "Breaking Bad was always terrible and I never enjoyed it" posters

youtube.com/watch?v=Mt94UE38q6k

Tuco was also Walt's first realization of how brutal the drug business really is. I mean sure he had to kill Crazy 8 before but it was with Tuco that he realized it was never going to be as clean or as simple as he wanted it to be.

this

>the final villains of Breaking Bad were a bunch of neo-Nazis who had no relevance to anything other than that one time Walt needed to magically kill 9 guys all placed in different prisons, which was retarded horseshit
>they literally just show up and take Walt's money
>Walt builds an erector set machine gun trap that kills them all
>people enjoyed the final season

goddamnit

this is why i come here

When I watched the show I thought the end of season 4 was the series finale, season 5 was a mistake, it should have ended on the end of season 4

I think the idea was Walt was supposed to be the main villain but they chickened out. If Walt either came out on top while losing everything he loved, or was taken down in the end, or just plain won, it would have been great.

But BB's pull was always Walt being a badass and people behind it knew that, so we got Neo-Nazis for Walt to kill in the end.

Edginess is next to Godlessness.

FICTION!

I wanted Hank to win.

man until this guy died this show was TIGHT

hope the eyepatch looks good