Is this movie worth checking out if I like Schlock?

Is this movie worth checking out if I like Schlock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Lt22mUgBDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

zombie kino. great makeup/effects

Yes

It's patrician cinema according to this list.

It's not schlock.

How have you not seen this yet?

I don't know. I've also not seen the original Dawn of the Dead and am not super sure how to get my hands on it at this point. Have indeed seen Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead though.

This seems half legit and half trolling.

Absolutely. Also watch the third one but don't waste your time 2,4 and 5.

I thought Return was the second one.

god tier zombie kino

You seem confused. Return of the Living Dead isn't a sequel to Night of the Living Dead. The name is a kind of joke. It takes the idea of zombies in a completely different direction.

Also like the other user said Return of the Living Dead III is surprisingly great.

If you love horror comedies, you'll love it.

First 2 are the best. 4 was pretty messy though.

>For years I thought it was Night>Return>Return 2 w/ Day somewhere in between

it's great and i find it strangely heroic.

is it available on any streaming sites?

> Sup Forums guide

there's an irony here

> how can I avoid paying for things?

what's it like being poor

>fantastic four
>fantastic four
>fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer
>fant4stick

definitely all legit kino

No, because it's not schlock. It's tied with night of the living dead for greatest zombie film ever.

it's fucking fantastic, one of the most fun movies I've ever seen

>Steel
>all of those terrible Adam Sandler movies

fuck off, i mean like Netflix/hulu/etc

I would use that rather than going and buying a dvd

creepy as hell

the ending is stupid though

the real hero, and villian considering he let the toxin out by burning the corpses was the eccentric old mortician

plus rick james lived until the bomb went off. back when black people didn't die immediately in horrors

Yeah. Actually the movie has no ending since the conclussion is known to us after like 30 minutes. There's no way they can stop the zombies so it's all over.

I have never met anyone who didn't like it. Truly one of the most beloved horror flicks ever made.

I remember I read here once an analysis about the characters and shit
it was pretty cool
Also, from the documentary I got that the director was autistic as fuck

It's a 10/10 zombie comedy. Watch it ASAP.
George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead is the greatest zombie film of all time. If you have a region free blu-ray player and can't find an old blu-ray copy for an affordable then buy the Italian 5 disc release once it comes out. With the Italian release the Dario Argento cut of the film is on 4K blu-ray but the other two cuts of the movie are on regular blu-rays and those cuts are better than the Argento cut anyway.

its probably the furthest thing from shlock but yes you should

its fucking elder gods tier

Which cut of Dawn of the Dead (1978) is the best? As far as I know there's a US theatrical cut, European theatrical cut, an extended Cannes Film Festival cut and a cut that Dario Argento made.

directors

the argento cut removes all the comedy elements and the us theatrical cut removes a good deal of gore

have fun finding it though because its been out of circulation for years

They mention night of the living dead as a movie in return i think. Im not sure though its been years since i saw it.

2 was a soft reboot for teenagers

Return is the shit. It manages to be silly and genuinely funny at parts with some of the creepier scenes in 80s horror. It's one of the best zombie movies

top tier horror comedy, Reanimator and Cemetery Man are probably the only two that top it

>mfw people don't appreciate rotld enough

She's literally perfect. Wish she hadn't worn the pussy cover.

yeah but they made her
>their first idea was to film it so you wouldn't see anything
>producer flips shit and says you gotta do something
>they shave her
>producer loses it even worse
>'you can see everything now'
>forced to wear a snatch cover for the nude scene

there was a pussy cover?!

D R O P P E D

Tarman scared the absolute shit out of me when I was a kid.
I must have slept with the light on for a month, and it took years to get over my fear of basements.

Depends.
DO YOU WANNA PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY?

well in that the military's grand contingency plan was simply "blow it up" when they even didn't bother to, or couldn't, destroy the stuff from the first incident

I still havent
when we moved into this house there was this oil drum in the garage and my dad kicked it and i nearly had a heart attack

fuck

George Romero and John A. Russo co-created Night of the Living Dead. They split after that and they had their own idea on what to do with the concept next. Technically, Return is Russo's idea of a sequel to the original much like how Dawn is Romero's own sequel. But Russo and Dan O'Bannon didn't want to directly compete with Romero so they made their movie more of a comedy.

This is a troll list right? I mean it's got every Fantastic Four movie on it...

Was this supposed to be good? I tried to like it but it was too boring. Took the entire movie to get to the island

It's not schlock

It's funny, spooky and creepy at times, really interesting, the greatest nude scene in history, and great characters.

It's an awesome movie.

its a meme

its really only worth it for when he eats the shark and pulls the chicks eye into that door splinter

People mainly like it for the makeup effects on the zombies.

Good story, good effects.

It's amazing.

SEND MORE COPS

The ost was great as well. I enjoyed the story, there something pure about it being plot driven if that makes any sense.

>Mfw the band has 4 different versions of that song
>Mfw all of them except the zombie one were about a child that was raped

>if I like schlock

Then yeah, probably. It's not great, the director was obviously trying to make a "serious" movie with all the long speeches and long takes. It's amateurishly made, a b-movie masquerading as a real one.

Also, 50+ posts in and no one has commented on the perfection of Linnea Quigley's body in 1985. Truly a joy to behold.

>no one has commented on the perfection of Linnea Quigley's body in 1985
Right here

Just a reminder that the director of also wrote this little flick

I thought the U.S. Government nuked the entire town to prevent an outbreak.

That's not stupid, that's horrific.

It seems like a pretty easy way to tie up the story without resolving anything, though.

>BOTFA

Yeah......calling bullshit.

they nuke the town and it becomes airborn again leaving a ambiguous humanity is doomed ending

>blow up town
>everything is vaporized, including the chemical
it all begins again
>NONE of the sequels touch on this

It's legitimately the only zombie movie with an actually scary premise, where all other zombie movies just lets the viewer dream of how they'd easily survive the zombie apocalypse by not being retarded, since the zombies are such a shit threat.

RoTLD 3 is also the superior ZomRomCom to Shaun of The Dead.

I would WRECK prime Linnea Quigley.

>ZomRomCom
I don't remember 3 being funny

dont tell me it has a gorillion cuts with different things in them

Same. Never was afraid of basements though.
Still best Zombie.

It's good but it takes a while to adjust to Italian horror. Writing and acting is meh, but the cinematography, effects, and atmosphere are top notch.

Yeah it's a cool flick OP

I remember it being funny when I watched it, but that was years ago so now I'm actually having doubts. Maybe I've just erroneously thought of it was a comedy all this time because of some campiness in a scene or something like that.

Still, the better RomZom story.

>NONE of the sequels touch on this

That's because there were no true sequels. The second movie was a reboot, removing the apocalyptic problem.

Hollywood Executives don't give a fuck about consistency, they look at the numbers.

Terminator 2 closes the story, but that didn't stop the franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Lt22mUgBDA

The alternate ending should have been the one they went with. Way more interesting than the repeated shot of the skellington.

One thing I like about it is that it leaves it ambiguous whether or not the zombies came from a virus or voodoo magic. Also some of the scenes with the doctor trying to find a cure has really disturbing imagery.