ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM

ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM

And discuss music.
Artists, albums, something.
Don't be that guy that doesn't respond to anyone.

Aww fuck, posted the wrong image

Ignore OP image

Hard to ignore op image when you gave Love game 4/5 and Loveless 3/5. I don't even care for Loveless to much, but Jesus Christ.
Favorite BoC album? You have some good stuff on there.

Love Game is one of (if not the best) tracks eminem has released in the last 10 years.

Loveless I find extremely overrated, but maybe it'll grow on me. Only Shallow is my favorite track, the rest are pleasant, but don't really wow me.

Actually that was the first BoC project I'd heard, was going through some of the top rated EP's and decided to give it a listen.
What would you rec as a good starting point?

Haven't heard any of the stuff on your chart.

My bad completely, I confused Love Game with the song he had with Rihanna. Love Game isn't a bad song at all. There's better shoegaze than Loveless, even MBV is better.

Boards of Canada are one of my favorite bands. Music Has the Right to Children would probably be the best starting point for their albums. However their entire discography is almost flawless in my opinion, so hopefully whatever you choose to listen to next is enjoyable.

nigga, first time I heard Loveless thought it was kinda boring, listened to a couple of times, hated it even more. later i heard the other albums and eps, thought all of them were shit. to me, mbv is a shitty overated band. just sayin.

Ahh thats fair.

Yeah that particular track is definitely one of the weaker ones on the album.
MMLP2 is kind of weird, a couple really good track, a lot of okay/meh songs, and few terrible ones too.

Yeah most of the shoegaze I've heard so far hasn't really left me wanting more, but perhaps there's something out there I'd like.

I'll probably give that one a shot, seems a good of place as any.

Thanks man
Haven't heard any of those, except a few songs off of Y.
Was pretty interesting (at least when I was tripping).
Haven't bothered to give it a full listen while sober though.

Fair point on Loveless, it's slightly grown on me from the first time.
But not by much.

I can see how it's innovative but the music itself....ehhh

Probably the most overrated Sup Forumscore album IMO

oh, well, the Pop Group is unlistenable to me, sure is experimental and it can be interesting to hear those weird sounds, but those are really enjoyable and come out sounding terrible, and all the songs are like that, at least imo
also, you said boc is one of your favorite bands? listen to that marc leclair record, it might be of your likings
the other albums are obscure black metal records i liked, don't know if you are interested in those

>anything late career Eminem
>a 4
>better than Loveless

Hmm, The Pop Group is pretty great, certainly well above 1 star range

nah man, i think their experimentation sound horrible and annoying, but that's just me apparently cause everybody loves them
meant to right: "those are not* enjoyable", my mistake

I'm not saying if it's good or not lol, to be fair, anything sounds good when you're tripping for the most part.

I'll probably give it a listen sometime.

BoC was the guy I was replying to, but I'll check that out all the same.

I might check out the others, I enjoy some black metal.
Loveless is overrated man.
and like I said, Love Game is probably the best track he's had in ages.
One of the main reasons I rated it as a single, because while the album isn't really good, that particular track is.

Haven't heard any of those

goddammit, fucked up again on that, well, maybe the other guy could check that up
pretty much all shoegaze sound boring to me 2bh. now, the only band I like on that style is Lift to Experience, they are not shoegaze exactly but they have shoegaze influence

>nah man, i think their experimentation sound horrible and annoying, but that's just me apparently cause everybody loves them
I get that as a whole the albums can be overwhelming, but for example Thief of Fire is just such a fun track that it alone should get the album two stars if not more

I think people overrate them some but there's definitely good stuff in there, the 1 just seems extreme and I say that as someone with over 200 albums rated 1 or lower

I know Loveless is overrated but it's still really good, Eminem is only excusable if you're under 20 and this era was your first exposure to him, rating singles in general is dumb...especially since people are generally just rating the one track when singles are usually multiple tracks so you might as well just rate the track and not the single

Yeah I feel you on that.
Meh, it's just okay imo, but that's just me.

I'm 20, and to be fair, until MMLP2 came out, I'd only ever heard his big tracks and didn't bother to listen to his albums.

I'd say about half of my 1000 or so ratings are singles, I know a lot of people are against it, but eh.

Usually they're either A) Tracks from albums I haven't listened to but want to acknowledge or B) They're a standout from the album (positive or negative) and I want to pinpoint that.

Track ratings are practically useless (unless you're actually bothering to pay for premium, but fuck that).

Fair enough, I was a big Stan back in my youth so my opinions on late career Eminem are obviously unfair since he hadn't even come back yet when I was really into him and though I did get hyped when he came back, it spoiled for me absurdly quickly for how much I latched onto it initially

Personally, I keep track of my favorite music through my own stuff that's not connected to RYM and use RYM to specifically rate albums and the rare compilation or EP because that's all RYM's good for...I know what singles I love but rating them is useless because all those fields are dominated by stuff that's already represented in the top albums and it's stupid

I've rated like 4600 albums or something so for me RYM is often about the usefulness of making a custom chart and excluding albums I've already rated so it's easier to find stuff I haven't heard, plus it's a convenient way to compile things and singles would clutter that up too much

I didn't thought it was fun at all, sorry

i'd be cool with you
haven't listened to any of these, sorry
I didn't get the hype for "Y" either

I wonder what brings someone to the level of self importance that they feel like posting album reviews on the internet for others is a valuable way to spend their time?

I use RYM personally to keep track of my ratings, and stuff I love/like.

It's easier to forget great stuff then you might think, especially when you're listening to a lot everyday.

& at least for me, the purpose of these threads isn't to "show off" your taste, it's to get rec's based on what you like, and also to generally just talk about the music you've listened to recently.

i'm super important,
when i die people will remember my review of The Caretaker's first album as one of the highlights of english literature

for real though, it's just a personal thing to keep track of what i've listened to. i don't take it that seriously

Y'all are cool

Nah, I get it. I was just making a generic, smug Sup Forums post. I should probably be doing the same. It seems like every day now I'm going "Wow, I can't believe I forgot about this."

i know what you mean, i'm constantly envying people who have that fresh, childlike view of music

I'm constantly envying people who have that fresh childlike view of life

With PD being released not too long ago, finished Weezer's discography. Not as bad as most people make it out to be (except Raditude. Fuck that)

you're being way too generous with Raditude imo, haha
but i agree with your rating of Hurley, really like that album honestly

saved a bunch of new shit and listening to it all in alphabetical order just so i can have a rym

Why do you dislike AM?

I'm guessing it's for predictable reasons but all the same I'm curious.

Because I genuinely quite like the album and see it get shit on constantly.

I liked the first 2 songs and then it just took a huge nose dive after that, felt uninteresting and uninspired

Ikr? So underrated. Ruling Me is one of Weezer best. The only song I dislike is the closer, mostly because it's mixed like shit (I know it's intentional, but it's still not appealing for me).

that loveless rating hurts
are u sad
maybe u have to be sad to like it a lot