>tfw you weren't born in the 1950s USA

Feels bad man

The 50's sucked

why the fuck would you want to be a babby boomer

>tfw you weren't born in 1930s Germany

not as well as yer mum tho

Born in time to enjoy prime 1980s USA...duh

>tfw not born in 1980s Japan

Shut your whore mouth, the 50's were the last good decade of America before everything went to shit. The American dream then was still alive. After that it's decadence and continuously decreasing living standards and wealth inequality - that's what you get for subscribing to unchecked capitalism.

That's very funny because people in the 50s thought American society had become decadent and devolved into a soulless corporate plastic wasteland (cf. Henry Miller's "The Air Conditioned Nightmare").

Actually I was

the 50s were shit. it was the decade we really started to lose our national identity to consumerism. the korean war happened and there was a constant nuclear threat because of the cold war. the stereotypical american dream might seem /comfy/ at first, but actually living it would get boring very quickly.

So you might have learned how to spell?

So you might think if you looked back at it from the perspective of many decades later

>the 50s were shit. it was the decade we really started to lose our national identity to consumerism

That was happened since the last third of the 19th century.

Lmao, considering the GDP and living standards, the 50s USA would be considered a third world country

This could have been the glorious 50's

the keyword is started. Consumerism and advertising is the fifties was tasteful and nobody was a fat negrified sack of shit with no self-control.

Look up wages adjusted for inflation. They have stagnated since early 70s.

>Consumerism and advertising is the fifties was tasteful

Lol no Amerifat.

get the fuck out of our threads you disgusting smelly gypsy and stay in your fucking kurva circlejerk thread.

too much racism and segregation

oh course ((they)) keep shilling the 50s

Is this what they teach on black history month?

>Be born in 50s US
>Get drafted and killed in Nam

Economically, it would have been a blessing. Everything else would have been shit.

Yeah, I really wish i lived in the time when the threat of being nuked by Russia was an everyday occurrence

No it's required reading for college students

can't give up the aesthetic attachment to the 50s. every primary source document I see from that time just makes everything seem so much purer.

I'm not sure if all those pinup girls advertising Coca-Cola was "tasteful".

>every primary source document I see from that time just makes everything seem so much purer

Father Knows Best is not a documentary.

1950s Canada was exactly the same except we didn't have to fight in nam.

You just wish you were a boomer.

I'd prefer today's living standards. Also the dishonest way of how degeneracy very much existed in the 50s but people swept it under the rug. The priest is raping your son? Let's just pretend he isn't. Your daughter got pregnant as a teen? All covered up. Your son was born with Down's? Ship him off to a nightmarish state institution.

>ywn be a civil servant in the british empire

Me in the middle

Though ironically, Russia had no way to really nuke us until the late 60s while we had them ringed on three sides with missiles and nuclear bombers.

>fat negrified sack of shit with no self-control.

((they)) refers to the Poles, yes.