How can anyone consider themselves redpilled and still be religious...

How can anyone consider themselves redpilled and still be religious? Isn't it obvious to anyone with half a brain that religion was created as a tool to explain mankind's surroundings and the unexplained before the advent of modern scientific theory? Or am I just being memed, and all the Christfaggotry on here is just roleplaying?

The bible literally answers everything we want to know, I was an atheist until maybe 3 years ago and I had so many questions that were all answered by the bible.

You assertion is easily debunked by the fact that most religions do not offer any explanations for 99% of the shit that goes on around us.

Christians in the Middle Ages followed the Aristotalean view of the Universe, for example, which was a philosophical theory, not a religious one.

Stoicism is the correct answer.

being redpilled is knowing that there is always something greater than you thus Catholic Traditionalism is always the final frontier

I was an atheist until March of this year. Feels bad man. 27 years of ignorance...

Being redpilled is also realizing that the morals that left with religion were essential for a sustainable society. Next time you take over use Social Darwinism instead of Humanism as a means of replacing religion.

Religion is created to pass on cultural identity and values
Of course a jewpilled rube who values nothing doesn't get this

Humanity is 200 years too early before it can give up religion completely, education needs to be spread more, then everything else will come naturally.

Atheists don't know shit

That's the problem, the bible gives easy answers to hard questions. Why are we here, where are we going, where are we from? These are hard questions, and the bible (and other religious holy texts) give childishly easy answers, it inhibits our growth.

you certainly know shit very well

Listen to this guy
He knows all about shit

>isn't it obvious

Also islam cannot coexist with other religions, the root of islamic doctrine is islam above all and Muhammad is the role model.

more sense then your preferred ideology yank

It really makes you have to consider how, despite living in such small communities, and with such limited communication and means of expression, the writers of the Bible were so able to eloquently describe and prognose the human condition.

You say the answers are "childishly easy". Perhaps you are simply threatened by the idea that the answer is simpler than you think. Sometimes, less really IS more.

If you knew anything about how the universe functions, you would know that it's far from "simple"

Superstitious belief has done wonders for India, has it? How's the Holy Ganges river going? LOL

Non-denominational Christianity and Stoicism each = gif related

1. That's not what atheism is
2. I never would claim to understand the origins of the universe, or anything like that. I think it's absurd that anyone in our civilization's infancy WOULD claim to know the answers to such questions.

obligatory le hat meme

That's one argument, but many people on Sup Forums claim to literally believe in the Abrahamic God, and not just in the values of the religion surrounding it. The idea of the Abrahamic God is a nice idea, but it's completely unfounded.

Daily Reminder that Islam is the master religion Cucktianity gets cuck'd and Islam does the cucking. Fedoras just an hero themselves like Elliot "Wife's Son" Rodger

هتلر أكبر
(Copypaste that in Jewgle Translate)

In thar case, create atheist conventions that promote social darwinism. You must eliminate humanism if you want atheism to thrive longterm.

>islam
>endorse cannibalism
>endorse incest
>endorse pedophilia
>scared to eat pork
>dress in rags
>pray 69 times a day
>can't depilate
>believe muhammad had a flying pony
>believe he split the moon in half
>on a fucking flying pony in space

Truly a master religion, I'm a #kamikazemissile now.

I generally agree, humanism is a failed ideology and goes against our base nature.

You can't be a redpilled European and believe in Christianity.
Christianity is a shitskin religion that's controlled by Jews that was used to ruin traditional European cultures.

Atheism is cancer too and is a large cause of degeneracy in this day and age.

I've found peace in Odinism; None of that faggy LARP viking neckbeard garbage, mind you.

>Atheism is cancer
>I've found peace in Odinism
Wew lad

your trip instantly invalidates your opinion, even if it is correct

Funnily enough we definetly need to remove the C and the O to keep on existing.

>Atheism is cancer too and is a large cause of degeneracy in this day and age.

Atheism is not a movement, but I'll concede that a large number of atheists are faggy nu-males. Still, just because atheists are faggots, doesn't make religion less faggy. Paganism is even stupider than the Abrahamic religions; we can conclusively prove that Thor doesn't control thunder and lightening, for instance.

Prove it right now

Atheism is cancer lad. It's a byproduct of cultureless retards with no sense of tradition.

Christianity is also cancer. Our European ancestors felt the same way about Christianity coming to the Europe then similar to how the West feels about Islam coming to the West now.

The problem with Christianity, and most Abrahamic religions in general is that God is just used as an excuse to not bother to understand things. European Gods from various Pagan pantheons, albeit just as ludicrous, were made to explain observations.

Abrahamic God
>The ocean has waves because God says so

Pagan Gods
>The ocean has waves because a God at the bottom is waving his arms around.

Both make no sense, but you can easily tell that one's just mindless "it's true because I said so!" and the other is an attempt to understand how a system (waves) work.

>so many questions the bible pretends to answer

Stop shitting on our boards and shit on your street instead.
Lighting is a result of related pic, not Thor.

How do you know that Thor can't wield negative particles?

The cloud does it.

Are you retarded?

no, (s)He's just indian.

In that case the Abrahamic guys win though, because they didn't offer mythological explanations for naturalistic phenomena it actually makes it more scientific in a sense. The Odinists dun goofed here

Religions function is a hell of a lot of different ways and work towards tremendously different goals overall. It's another bullshit meme to think they're a manner in which society attempted to explain things in the world and has no bearing in fact whatsoever.

You're being meme'd, you just don't realize how.

Deism ftw

No one here realises how utter shit religion is, compare the last couple thousand of years under religion and now the last 200 where science took the lead.
Imagine you're in the hospital with your mom dying will you start praying for an imaginary god or will you allow the doctor to save her?

Why?
No, seriously, why?

>I want to call this person a troll but this is how uneducated anti-theists actually are so I can't be sure

But mario, the cake twins are good goys

>Instead of giving an actual argument I'll just call him a troll, that'll teach him.

The thing is, Pagan Gods and Demigods were invented as an early means to explain systems, whereas Abrahamic Gods were invented as a means to avoid explaining systems altogether and just hop on the "It just happens because God says so."

>The wind blows because Abrahamic God says so
>The wind blows because a Pagan God blows air in patterns and cycles
The basic concept of Pagan Gods is is an early attempt to understand natural systems. Abrahamic Gods aren't an attempt to understand systems but to avoid understanding them altogether so they came up with one single perfect deity who somehow does everything without trying to explain how he can do things.

>Now I'm a Jesus missile
Blue pilled theists are all the same.

Agnosticism is the only resonable position and a/theists are kidding themselves.

Because I believe the world is too unique and beautiful to have been created by an explosion or whatever, therefore it must've been created by a god, but I also don't think said God created us for a life of servitude and religion - it is more of a force rather than a being.

The only reason I would consider becoming atheist is because why God lets you post leaf

>explosion
Are you those type of kids that failed high school science? Do you also think that humans came from monkeys?
>Because I believe the world is too unique and beautiful
Wtf is unique to you? Have you experienced life in other dimension to qualify this one as unique?

How does the meme go?
Leaf is it? Am I memeing yet?

>YOU'RE A FUCKING LEAF

It was indirect ridicule, actually.

Ultimately, the header of "religion" and "science" is utterly vague to the point of showing you have no idea what you're talking about. Science never took the forefront in the last 200 years. It's literally been in the same place it always has. Even with the drive of modernity seeking practicality over wisdom in education, that doesn't constitute a change in how science was in society. Even with Christianity prior in the middle ages, you'd see the basics of the Christian lifestyle upheld in a rational philosophical framework rather than simply divine decree. There was a push to understand the world and its terms and makeup. What you see develop later is a less intelligent Christianity (Protestantism) focused on scripture and individualism that could not even define it's terms, let alone agree on doctrine between them. This sort of thing (new to the west) is where a ton of your complaints extend from. In fact, your last comment on faith healing goes to show how you're being a dumbass and complaining about what some groups do to hate on all groups. Faith healing as substitute (or simply as having mechanical-like efficacy) to medicine is new to the west and came about in the last 200 years.

In the last 200 years there has been a growth of anti-philosophical work done in academia. Fools thinking they can reject metaphysics, that they can reject philosophy, and the like which extends from an irrational praise of empiricism. For that reason, the west is currently an absolute mess ideologically and is rife with its own delusions and illusions. That we're doing so much better is not a science/religion issue. It's that we're in the future, compared to the past that you're talking about.

You have a problem with certain ideas. Don't be such an idiot as to label the problem as something bigger than it is.

Great reasoning. You must have it rough being a leaf on this board too.

I know what you're saying bro but I still think it's incorrect. The Odinists, by explaining nature through mythological means, have prematurely denied the scientific application to nature. Meanwhile the Abrahamics can adhere to science and it won't necessarily contradict their faith

You said it, not me

Some people believe in things that happened, and some people believe in things written by unnamed authors hundreds of years after the events described in unspecified sources. The authorship of the bible is a joke, and it's the only source of information about Christianity's origins other than a few things historians generally agree upon to have happened. Maybe Jesus should descend from heaven and perform some miracles for us again. We can record them with our phones, and they'll be preserved forever. Why should the people who got to experience it firsthand have the privilege of not doubting his majesty? I'm open to believing in Jesus, but it's not going to happen based on what I've seen thus far. Will I truly be rejected from heaven? If Christianity makes allowances for people who have never heard of Jesus to enter heaven, then why have I been damned by learning of Christianity while being unable to believe in it? I'd love to believe I'll see my dead friends and relatives when I die, but I can't believe in something just to make me feel better and explain away the unsettling realities we face.

''Science never took the forefront in the last 200 years.'' What do you mean by that, any meaningful science was done in the last couple hundred of years growing at an exponential pace. ''There was a push to understand the world and its terms and makeup.'' Oh really, religion tried to understand the world? Is that why witches got burned or why religious war were fought? In the name of knowledge? Religion always seeks power and tries to remain in control, it was proven during the middle ages and now with Islam.

My comment about praying to help the healing processes waned to demonstrate how futile and meaningless the act is.

While the west became a cancerous shithole without any morals, proclaiming a higher deity that has no rational though behind wont help.

''Fools thinking they can reject metaphysics''
Why would they be called fools if it's literary METAPHYSICS, abstract theory or talk with no basis in reality.

''You have a problem with certain ideas.'' I have a problem with religion altogether, for the simply fact that its based in sentiments instead of rational though, the only argument religion has is: >hurdur i feel it, god is real.

So you can confirm "what's happened"? You wanna show me an atom? How about the Civil War? Wanna prove other people besides you exist to yourself?

Well the Civil war has evidence as artifacts and photos, Jesus has none. Atoms pic related.

idk bout everything man, but just looking at the complexity of everything and the size of the universe and saying, "there is no god" seems absolutely retarded to me desu

Ultimate redpill is being a Realist.

Truth is a metaphysical concept.

>only atheists are red-pilled
>most atheists think eugenics is bad and Marxism is a good idea

You're not seeing atoms in those images; if you actually took the time to read on what you're trying to post you'd realize that.
There's plenty of "artifacts and evidence" of Christ. You're just not going to accept them as such. The last question is the most telling though.

You're correct, all though I am spiritual person myself, Abrahamic religion is just a tool to control people. However, without the moral based belief system from Christianity, the western world would still be in the dark ages. And unfortunately, it looks like western society is regressing due to the lack of morals to control people.

I don't believe in a god who gives a fuck about me or how my life turns out, if I was an all-powerful being I sure as shit wouldn't give a fuck about what 99.9999999999999% of the population of earth did or didn't do because it is boring and stupid.

That said, religion is almost certainly a requirement for culture and society to carry on; most people are too stupid to be able to figure out morals or correct behavior without the fear of an all-powerful divine smackdown coming for them sooner or later.

Just because Religion rings hollow for the people able to rationally think doesn't mean that we can do away with it; on the contrary we who can think rationally need to protect and nurture it or anything we create or build will be drowned in blood and fire when the ignorant masses ruin everything again because we couldn't teach them to behave like people and not animals.

First off, welcome to Sup Forums.
To quote texts and make them green like others are doing, put a > at the start of the line with no spaces between the sign and your text.

Now to your post:

>What do you mean by that, any meaningful science was done in the last couple hundred of years growing at an exponential pace.

Must I remind you that the scientific revolution started in 1543? That seems a little more than 200 years ago and to say that anything meaningful came from that time outright ignores that all their work is done on the foundation of those that came before them.

There's just no evidence that there weren't any meaningful scientific discoveries until recently in history. You just do a disservice to all the old thinkers of the western tradition because you bought the Enlightenment narrative.
>Oh really, religion tried to understand the world?

Religions are established ways of life based on metaphysical worldviews. They don't TRY to do shit collectively. It's an umbrella term for a lot of different groups with different purposes that accomplish what they try to do in different ways. I really want to beat into your head the fact that religions are not a monolith to themselves because that's important to know to understand culture. I mentioned that push to show you a dislocation between a group upheld by rationale and a group not to further drill in the point that you're being ignorant to speak of groups collectively when they are very different from one another.

Part 1

>Is that why witches got burned or why religious war were fought?

Witches were specifically burned because the civil government gave those punishments to that offense. They were offenses because they were a form of heresy (the Catholic Church drilled in the notion that witches as the lay knew them did not exist). This has nothing to do with shutting down knowledge.

As for religious wars, they're waged for a variety of reasons depending on the groups. Protestant/Catholic fighting was largely done over what is true to the faith (making it on knowledge) and drama between kingdoms (which is not).

>My comment about praying to help the healing processes waned to demonstrate how futile and meaningless the act is.

Your comment about prayer healing as substitute to physical medicine is directly tied to your comments of "religion" as a whole. I'm correctly pointing out that your comment fails to address religion as a whole nor even its own religion as a whole or even commonly.

>While the west became a cancerous shithole without any morals, proclaiming a higher deity that has no rational though behind wont help.

Obviously.

>Why would they be called fools if...

They were fools, much as you're a fool for saying that, as metaphysics IS the field of study on core topics that science relies on. It studies the nature of causation, time, being, etc. All science, whether explicitly or implicitly, WORKS THROUGH A METAPHYSICAL FRAMEWORK.

The positivists rejecting metaphysics were especially stupid as they boiled down to using a metaphysical argument to refute the validity of metaphysical arguments. That's being enlightened for you.

>I have a problem with religion altogether...

If you actually haven't seen any serious discussion on the matter and only understand religion through Protestants and Salafists I could understand how you can make so ignorant a claim but it's no excuse for it.

go read secret teachings of all ages and come back, there are hidden secrets in all religious texts, you have to examine these texts mathematically, mythologically and chemically before you will even begin to understand them.

>translating ooga booga scary spirit doctrines into mathematics is possible
>mathematics, a human construct, is somehow a measure of the objectivity of something