ITT - We post the worst season of their respective series

ITT - We post the worst season of their respective series

I'll start

Season 5 is misunderstood. Its the obligatory when good guys go bad season. Like how Scott started to make shit up McNulty started to do the same thing for the separate but similar needs. Its the always untold story about how people who should have been able to stop something bad didn't and had to cover it up.

Season 3 is the worst with the Hamsterdam crap though.

Rewatching it right now. The problem is that Seasons 1-3 is all the same characters more or less. By 4 everyone except Prop, Cheese, and the police is gone, so they had to literally start from scratch with the schoolkids, almost giving a Stand By Me feel to the season.
Then 5 comes out to be the McNulty power hour, with some characters going through the motions. Whole thing reminds me of fan fiction told by someone who just read Death Note.
Did appreciate the newspaper stuff though, but it was a little late. Ironically this is what David Simon knows the most about, and he waited till the end to cap his story he was already telling and try to shoehorn his own career woes into. That makes the whole season seem self indulgent, compared to the rest which felt raw and uncompromising. At least compared to something like CSI, or Law and Order at the time.

>that Seasons 1-3 is all the same characters more or less
2 pretty much shifts most of the drama from the hood to the port, we get a bunch of new characters and they are the focus of the season arc.

but outside of the Hamsterdam arc, the power struggle between bros Avon and Stringer, while also going up against Marlo, was downright Shakespearean

It's incredible how much the show improves in S2 and later.

it's so bad

i actually love it

Doubted the answer for a while

He was psychotic, the whole point of the show is to prove the he really was just a murderer the whole time and never actually has any morals. He was just following the rules he was taught.

That still doesn't make the last season good. Though maybe the worst could be the rape victim season, can't remember.

>the power struggle between bros Avon and Stringer, while also going up against Marlo, was downright Shakespearean

Agreed

>Stringer's face when Avon says it's just business knowing he said the same thing to Colvin
>Stringer getting cornered like a Queen piece on a chessboard
>Avon still sticking to his street code vs Stringer thinking he could play with the big dogs like Davis and Krawchek
>"I see a man without a country, not hard enough for this right here and maybe, just maybe, not smart enough for them out there

season 3 of LOST was the worst. half of the episodes were re-caps and filler and the other half were boring back story. also Bai Ling.

Ive been watching The Wire for the first time in the past month, am on season 4 now

Season 2 is my fav e season with Frank Sobotka as my favorite character. Talk about a Shakespearean tragedy..?

>half of the episodes were re-caps and filler and the other half were boring back story.
like every other lost season?

Season one of True Detective.jpg

I'm mid-season 3 now. So far Season 1 is far and above my favorite

After I finished the series, my favorites was season 4. Upon rewatch, season 2 is my favorite

I don't understand the dissent here. I binged the entire series for the first time last year, and could not understand how the answer could be anything except
1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2

>2 on the last place
not enough BBC for you, cuckboy?

literally what

nah, it was just shitty. this new storyline shoehorned in with the aftermath of the old storyline, it was too much and the payoff was underwhelming. It was season 2 of True Detective-- years to perfect season 1, with the 2nd season shit out in time to make air-date. Would not watch again.

rewatch the series again in like, 6 months. I guarantee you'll feel differently.

also season 5 is by far the worst season. I don't know how you put it so high

>this new storyline shoehorned in with the aftermath of the old storyline, it was too much and the payoff was underwhelming

The whole point of S2 is to show that there's more to Baltimore beyond the fuckery of Avon's towers. The Sobotkas are being forced out of their work whether it be crooked politicians and real estate assholes looking to get richer or egotistical fucks like Valcheck who don't care for the city but their reputation and rank.

The beauty of S2 comes from the subtlety it brings to the series. No longer is the drug violence the main focus of the season. Instead we have the working class who struggle to make ends meet in a changing world. We see characters like Frank who try to juggle between providing for his family and the guilt of his illegal actions such as having the container of dead women in his own docks. Compare that to the lack of remorse from the eyes of the Barksdale's in S1.

There's also the fact how we see the new characters turn S1 tropes on their head such as Frank knowing that his phone is tapped or Stringer having D'Angelo killed behind Avon's back

Speaking of the payoff, it's fitting for S2 as no one can fight the system and win, at least in an explicit way. Look at the dock workers. They're out of a job after being blacklisted because of Frank's investigation or Daniels and the rest of the detail after Valchek hands over the investigation to the FBI. Compare that to The Greek who keeps his hands clean and is never seen or head of by any federal institution.

tl;dr
Subtlety and restraint coming right after the explosive 1st season is the best aspect of S2

mah nigga

some actually tried hampsterdam in real life

How did that go?

S5 is still the worst but it's by no means bad.

Except for the newspaper stuff, jesus what were they thinking

It's campy

They're all equally shit tho

Both shows start out god tier, and end up in the gutter.

Dexters final 3 seasons are literally unwatchable though

>that whore army plotline
>completely irrelevant to everything else
>basically ends with "bitches, leave!"

Neck yourself. Sopranos was consistently good.

Chase didn't know what tone he was going for yet in the first season.

are you intentionally being ironic?

season 1 was the comfiest season

It was terrible. At least the first half. Too much artsy shit that made little to no sense and it all felt like a dream. Weird as hell.

It suffers heavily from it's reduced episode order. If we'd been given more time to see Templeton as a well meaning dude, and if McNulty's shenanigans had escalated more slowly, I think it would've worked much better.

isn't this the one with the musical episode though?

Im watching the Sopranos for the first time and Im currently starting season 6. How wrong are you, worst season so far is 2 and best is 1.

1>5>3>4

Can't be disputed

4>3>1=5>2

Season 2 of The Wire is for pretentious tryhards.

season 5 is seriously underrated

No it isn't

Fucking wrong

S5 is pure kino. It's the best technically, has the best omar and mcnutty content, and is the apex of the marlo arc with that cold shit he did to joe

1, 2, & 3 are objectively worse