Girls invented punk rock not england

>girls invented punk rock not england
What did Kim Gordon mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

misfitscentral.com/display.php?t=marticle&f=seconds.97
youtube.com/watch?v=Er8PN385PEA
youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it makes sense if you think about. punk is such a shitty genre only woman could have come up with it

kim gordon is overrated af

why is punk rock of all genres so hotly contested as far as who invented it goes?

punk rock is full of bored rich kids sticking it to the "man" while still acting like a bunch of high schoolers jacking off on whos cooler
don't bother looking 4 logic. it doesn't exist

i was just thinking this the other day. no other genre seems to be like this. like, why aren't bands like the sonics, the monks, etc, just considered straight up punk? because they didn't do it in new york or london in the 1970's? it makes no sense

Bdsm shops i guess. It wasnt considered pu k until it was a fashion statement like
Said

punk rock is either a conservative music form or an all-embracing artistic philosophy
kim obviously takes the former approach; the latter is a much more interesting definition that means you can call marcel duchamp punk rock

>because they didn't do it in new york or london in the 1970's?
exactly. it isn't too hard to wrap your head around if you try

>the latter is a much more interesting definition that means you can call marcel duchamp punk rock
this is in all seriousness a trash stance that leads to "dude shakespeare was punk rock lmao" tier takes

location shouldn't define the genre it is

you're right, people who do that are wankers, i just think it's a more interesting definition of the term as punks would have it rather than it purely referring to a pretty limited genre of music

it...doesn't, but certain social constraints and norms that were lifted for punk to emerge were obviously in place when the sonics did their first records over ten years earlier; an eternity in pop music. that band was operating in a completely different framework in regards to society, art and showbiz. it's useless to attempt to retroactively paint them as something they quite obviously couldn't be just because the term 'punk' has been watered down for anyone to use today

i hate punk.

integrity and authenticity is the core of diy stuff
but yeah people who say UK had the first punk scene are gay retards

I love punk and gong to punk shows but hate the punk attitude

She meant "I'm a feminist cunt"

she did it to trigger rymbabbies on the internet 25 years later

4d chess , nice

I read a pretty good interview with Glenn Danzig once where he commented on this.

misfitscentral.com/display.php?t=marticle&f=seconds.97

>We always had Punk in America. Stuff was called
"Punk" here way before it was called "Punk" in England. As a
matter of fact, Malcolm McLaren got the great idea for his Punk
band when he came over here and saw Television, Richard Hell and
The Ramones. Even before that, in the Sixties, you could go in a
record shop and there was a Punk section. It really meant Garage
Bands but it said "Punk."

that she has a very wide, high mileage pussy

>punk sections at record stores in the 60s
Source? Is this true, or did Danzig just make it up?

The absolute madwoman.

danzig's a good performer but he's dumb as shit, i wouldn't trust a word of this

kim gordon was probably talking about this
youtube.com/watch?v=Er8PN385PEA

high milage cause thurston infected it with disease

weirdly enough punk and hiphop started around the same time but no blacks fight over the creation of hip hop. White people

Black people argue over who invented rock though.

Hey, I like this.

Punk rock as a genre was born with either the ramones if you watch what band formed before and the dictators with what band released an album first. It's not because of the city: no band before were either fast or had such a songs structure. For example the sonics were not really fast compared to even the stooges, had a less overpowering guitar sound closer to 50s rock n roll. Another example "raw power" is clearly an hard rock album not a punk one. Too slow of course, too much lenghty solos or guitar licks that make the songs various eliminating the minimalistic geel of punk. Really punk is just minimalist aggressive rock with little powerchords played in fast riffs these are the basic elements of the music. As the IDEOLOGY is different but who cares about that

You're right, Chuck Berry invented rock n roll and Black Sabbath invented metal. Those aren't debatable.

I think Iggy Pop invented no-shit punk, beyond just garage rock of the 60s.

It sure as shit wasn't Patti Smith.

no we don't

its a great song :)

yeah... totally punk rock

punk started with The Ramones, everyone who says otherwise is a fucking retard

>Literally who says literally what
Name 2 (tōō) genres that was invented by girls(excluding vaporwave because that was invented by biological men or "Trans-humans")

nah it was definitely iggy & the stooges, even though he hates the genre.

/thread

This flyer was from 1970. The fact that Sup Forums goes with the most safe and popular punk is evidence of how entry level and pitchfork this place is

This. It's the "Fuck you Dad" genre, stop looking for something cerebral in it

garage rock

how is this a fair question
wasn't the first n°1 hit sung by a woman in the 70s?

>tfw not transhuman
>tfw shitty regular human without mechatronic enhancements

Girls absolutely did invent England.

>a fucking flyer
lmao no one cares dude. it's all about exposure and notoriety

calling an orange a banana doesn't make it a banana, suicide weren't punk

It's true, girls didn't invent England.

Girls invented girls, actually.

hey i didnt say it, kim gordon did

black people don't have the concept of property so that's probably the reason.

>we

Yeah right

the reason is because US record labels were ignoring punk in the US and the US press had no idea about punk happening in the US. Malcolm MacLaren came to the US to try to make it blow up by managing the Heartbreakers, but they were all junkies and grown men who wouldn't go along with all his shit ideas and the whole thing imploded. So, McLaren went back to London and orchestrated his punk takeover with a bunch of teens he could control (for a while). The upshot was that all the US press started reporting that "punk is this new British music" and every US kid in flyover country who could now buy Anarchy In The UK at K-Mart "knew" that punk was British.

The reason it is so hotly contested is that the origin was misreported so badly that to this day most noobs and normies think of it as English. If you were a Japanese sushi chef and someone told you sushi was from california because they had a california roll once, you'd be super pissed.

Punk was invented by The monks as far as I'm concerned. Black Monk Time is abrasive as fuck and it's excellent.

>Chuck Berry invented rock n roll

No

ya, everyone knows it was Elvis

She knows she's wrong and wants to be edgy. Also, how did Thurston Moore ever tire of banging her?

shes 64 user which isn't much younger than my grandma

>weirdly enough punk and hiphop started around the same time
No, not really. About a decade's difference.

ABSOLUTE
MADMAN

its referring to Teenage Jesus and the Jerks. they were highly influenced by her

Try hard hipster hack

>he doesn't know

Punk started in 1980 when talented Americans found out about untalented-but-stylish British energy.

punk started in 1995 when the chemical brothers released their first lp
everything before that was proto punk

if I wanted your opinion it would be about which side of history I'm on.

Because apparently that's about as deep as your thoughts can manage.

>Punk started in 1980 when talented Americans found out about untalented-but-stylish British energy.
see
bye

lemme guess, you know of some isolated track from the 60s that sounds vaguely like hip-hop

>Iggy & the Stooges
>The Velvet Underground
>The Modern Lovers
>The Dictators
>The Ramones
>The Sex Pistols

get the fuck out of here rapcuck you do not understand transgressive art or punk it is not about being the most digestible and household name

...everyone knows about suicide. fuck off..

Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0

tfw no punk qt gf

I had one once, but she cucked me...

>expecting a punk rock tryhard with daddy issues to be a loyal gf
user you dun fucked up

I could tell you the story if it wasn't completely off topic, but trust me, it was bullshit.

Kim Gordon is a dummy but it was funny seeing that stalker make 500 replies to every tweet she did a few months ago

Uh, punk was invented by a peruvian band named "los saicos". Look them up, they're from 1965

reminder paul mcartney founded punk with helter skelter

uh, punk was invented by a nameless humanoid who clattered two rocks together before he was beaten to death with a bone for being an annoying cunt. look him up, he's from 9,000 bc

>What is TVU