I don't get it

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/mu/27518246
youtube.com/watch?v=YTCg1Ovu64E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a series of sounds in time utilizing relatively standard techniques based in western music theory to induce a state of aesthetic pleasure in the listener, really not much to get

AC have got at least 3 albums better than this. And I'm not counting EP's.

>brainlet

Animal Collective's best album right here.

This and "Feels".

AAAAAnd "Campfire Songs" is shit.

Lower your testosterone

Agree, agree and agree.

AnCo are shit

D I S A G R E E D

>Thinks Animal fucking Collective is for intellectuals only

>this board used to love AnCo at some point
What the fuck happened?

we stopped pretending this shit is satisfying to listen to

t. retarded contrarians
nobody can hold this opinion without valuing obscurity and inaccessibility over, you know, actually good music

>like this album
>try to listen to their other stuff and think it's boring and gay

they became just a little bit too popular to still be "hip" here
the pitchfork review of Chz didn't help either.

centipede hz was its own problem, it didn't need a pitchfork review to be shitty you fucking sheep

nothing of value is misunderstood

You can't tell me that the >7.4 and >burrito-on-your-windshield memes didn't shape the public opinion on this album at least partly.

you really think that this op-pic album is unaccessible and obscure, right?
Here... on Sup Forums...

you're a dipshit i listen to merzbow and recordings of ppl learning to speak without larynx. so don't fuck with me kid, i'm hardcore, my ears are hardcore, and i'll tell you any day of the week that spirit they've gone is child's play. but for a babby like you it's just weird enough for you to think you're getting some kind of credibility for listing it as your favorite.
i wasn't on forums/social media at the time, i just remember listening to the album and being so colossally disappointed that i realized none of their albums were as good as my 21y/o fanboy self believed

Fall in love with a curly-haired girl.

yuki.la/mu/27518246

This.
Fuck, Bluish is so good
youtube.com/watch?v=YTCg1Ovu64E

>you're a dipshit i listen to merzbow and recordings of ppl learning to speak without larynx. so don't fuck with me kid, i'm hardcore, my ears are hardcore, and i'll tell you any day of the week that spirit they've gone is child's play. but for a babby like you it's just weird enough for you to think you're getting some kind of credibility for listing it as your favorite.

>oh fuck a patrician
>better call him autistic

>unironically using the word patrician

>unironically
Seems like Sup Forums unable to understand jokes today. Even silly ones.

>It was a joke guise xDDD

>Another thread about Merryweather not being understood
>Another comment about OP not being smart enough to understand
It’s like the same people make the same thread every day

campfire songs is comfy af. stop trying so hard

Mom, I said it again!

Pay attention and you will realizae that it's a pop album just like Loveless

Animal Collective is one of the memes here along with the entire "rap" genre. People only like it ironically. It's like what Sup Forums did back in the day with My Little Pony and tricked retarded autists into thinking it's good.

>being this ignorant
>comparing mpp to my little pony
my sides

best band of the 2000's tbqh

>being this bad at recognizing irony
no wonder you can't distinguish between good and bad music - you're artistically illiterate!

>he didn't like Centipede Hz
Pleb detected

>you're artistically illiterate!
I don't know why I laughed

>he liked centipede hz
tryhard hipster/anco stan detected

Anime pics on art-related boards are a great way to say "my taste is shit, disregard everything I write"

>this arbitrary definition of art (which I am now going to force onto you) says that animated images from japan cannot be art

>thinks he has good taste but doesn't watch anime

Damn, nigger, kys yourself

IM THE PHANTOM
IM THE PHANTOM
IM THE PHANTOM

half of the time tbqh. the other half they are pretty cool

if you're not just samefags, this should tip you off that you're all idiot sheep. anime is like hip hop - garbage with a few niche exceptions/interests. Lmao. I'm actually embarrassed for you guys.

>garbage with a few niche exceptions/interests
So, like every other form of media?

RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN!

>thinks he has good taste but doesn't listen to hip hop

Much lower ratio of signal to noise than other mediums, and its peaks are lower as well. Anyways here's how this will go. I'll say NGE, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Akira are the best anime has to offer, and then all of you faggots will tell me how plebeian I am and recommend a bunch of slightly more obscure trash which I won't ever watch because I need more than a single recommendation from a fucking autist on a Chinese weaving forum to dedicate 9 gorillion hours of my life to more shitty children's TV. Pls grow up.

Lmao tell me what hip hop you listen to. Milo? Oddisee? Some other backpacker pseudointellectual trash?

>Anyways here's how this will go. I'll say NGE, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Akira are the best anime has to offer, and then all of you faggots will tell me how plebeian I am and recommend a bunch of slightly more obscure trash which I won't ever watch because I need more than a single recommendation from a fucking autist on a Chinese weaving forum to dedicate 9 gorillion hours of my life to more shitty children's TV.
You're not a pleb but you're missing out on stuff like Tatami Galaxy, Kaiji, Kaiba or Redline. I promise you they're not for babbies

>niche exceptions/interests

As someone who genuinely agrees with all of this, I’m still going to recommend tatami galaxy. It’s genuinely worth watching. (It’s also short so it’s not some major commitment)

thanks I'll give them a look. just so you know I'm a casual anime fan, I'm only baiting to fuck around at work.

how to into tatami galaxy? watched a few eps ages ago and didnt get

>watched only 4 animes in life
>thinks his can criticize MPP
This is beyond pathetic

I never criticized mpp in this thread, great album
Anyways I've watched more anime than that but I wear my inexperience with anime as a badge of honor

Don't be anxious about "not getting" a piece of media. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The main plot of Tatami Galaxy is revealed in the second-last episode and it will make much more sense once you get to see the whole picture
Also, don't buy into the whole "the subs are too fast" meme, it's overexxagerated

>I never criticized mpp
Oh, okay.
You should watch a few "literally everyone watched it" tier titles, like Cowboy Bebop. Only 25 episodes (1 additional film). Universally praised like Akira or GiTS you mentioned.

I've seen the monogatari series so subs aren't a issue, will give it another shot (y)

>Two faggots arguing about anime in relation to music

Excuse me, but this is an Autism-Free Zone.

Extremely embarrassing post. If you take Sup Forums this seriously you need fuck off back to you know where or spend some time outside