This episode of Half in the Bag was really hard to watch. Mike and Jay are insanely jealous of the Duffer Bros...

This episode of Half in the Bag was really hard to watch. Mike and Jay are insanely jealous of the Duffer Bros, it's painfully obvious.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/elaine-may-talks-about-ishtar
youtu.be/yRpWSny9924?t=22m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=RLjY784gJzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would Mike and Jay be jealous of two hacks who don't have a single original idea and are shit writers?

Mike and Jay both have huge boners for 80's nostalgia and the show is basically what they would've made if they ever had real directorial/writing talent.

>implying stranger things isn't the greatest show of the 2010s

DELET THIS

Because they are talentless hacks that actually became successful, unlike Mike and Jay who are simply literally who talentless hacks

This

Pretty much

RLM is finished

The plinkett force awakens review was a disaster. Was just as disappointing in every way episode was.

Why do these guys hate Ishtar? I know nothing about Ishtar and I'm hoping for an episode on it but all they do is kinda mock it

/ourfrog/

Ishtar was a colossal bomb starring two of Hollywood's biggest stars. Before "Battlefield Earth," it was typically the go-to punchline for "bad movie."

Are Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty big stars? I literally do not know them...

Was there a particular thing about it being bad? What was the problem with it that makes it seem so awful?

plinkett's force awakens was actually very good and highly educational honestly, it just wasn't really funny or very plinkett-y

At the time, they were probably two of the most famous men in America.

The movie itself is just mediocre, with a similar plot to "Spies Like Us" except in the Middle East. The thing is, they shot most of the film in Morocco, and the director went over budget almost immediately.

Its troubled production garnered it a lot of negative publicity and it plainly did not deliver. Charles Grodin isn't bad in it, though.

honestly this information you gave me just makes me pity ishtar rather than want to make fun of it or anything

I found the article I read that made me feel as you do.

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/elaine-may-talks-about-ishtar

>There’s a level of invention, a depth of reflection, and a tangle of emotions in “Ishtar” which are reached by few films and few filmmakers.

Thank you for the link, I will read it when I have the opportunity. I honestly don't like to see people fail, it's so many hopes and dreams shattering at once.

Because these assholes never actually watched it and are just parroting memes. It's actually a pretty decent movie. The first 20 minutes or so is some of the finest filmmaking of the 80's. Once they get to Ishtar, tho, the movie loses its steam and is never able to fully recover. It's far from the worst thing ever and it only has a bad reputation because of its production history. Yet, it seems these faggot losers are still stuck in the ast when it was considered bad.

So like people hanging shit on Waterworld?

Totally, another good film that got panned for going over budget. People loved laughing at the hubris of big studios and millionaire movie stars in the 1990's.

at least ishtar tried something new unlike that peace of shit the force awakens

>Why would Mike and Jay be jealous of two hacks who don't have a single original idea and are shit writers?

Because Mike and Jay think they are good writers who have plenty of unique and fantastic ideas yet can't get a proper job in the film industry.

youtu.be/yRpWSny9924?t=22m35s

see they haven't even watched it, it's just a meme.

wow I appreciate you finding this for me, thank you that was insightful.

I'm only on the episode where the mean bully kids wrote NANCY IS A SLUT on the cinema walls and Eleven was revealed to probably be that one woman's daughter. Is RLMs review spoiler-free? Although I'm pretty sure I know where the show is going unless there some huge tweest coming up.

I shan't be forgiving them for trash-talking Ishtar, one of the underrated gems of the 1980s.

We know you like to pretend Ishtar is good just to contradict RLM

Ishtar? More like Ish-terrific.

As a (z list) working actor, I'm going to let you in on an industry secret. Every person in show business has at least a modicum of resentment toward every other person in show business who is more successful than themselves. They might say they don't but they do. At least a little. It's human nature to want to be the very best, like no one ever was. And show business professionals are narcissistic by nature. The entertainment industry is rewarded by everyone on the planet while contributing nothing of actual consequence. Think about it, these people are essentially saying that they feel they should be paid more than doctors and teachers and engineers (in the case of the upper upper class, tens to hundreds of millions more) for playing make believe for a living. In the grand scheme of things, there isn't a whole lot of tangible difference between what Adam Driver does and what a child pretending to be Kylo Ren during recess does, only Adam Driver and everyone else seems to think that you should pay twenty dollars for the privilege of seeing him do it. When people like that see someone else getting paid more for what they perceive to be a poorer job, that's infuriating.

>I just want to see the black kid kiss a white girl
What did Mike mean by this?

That he is the blacked poster.

This is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLjY784gJzE

there are lots of spoilers. just fuckin finish the show. also how are we supposed to know what episode that was

He wants to dump Lucas off on Sadie so he can keep El to himself.

No he doesn't.

Truth.

Their jealousy is also apparent when talking about Neill Blomkamp.

The mere rumor of a Neill Blomkamp Alien movie had them scrambling to beat him up in an Aliens vs Predator commentary track.

>it's painfully obvious.
If you're projecting, I suppose.

Not really.

Yes he does.

This is an universal truth. It doesn't only apply to show business. No one wants to be left behind,the only difference is actors get famous but it still hurts to see that someone is living the life while you are struggling.

This

This thread was really hard to watch. OP is insanely jealous of Mike and Jay, it's painfully obvious.

inb4 mike feet or mike parking lot beatdown webms

as the guy who watched, it's a decent movie. not the worst thing ever, not the greatest thing ever

but you have to admit, the trailer is the most funniest thing possible. the editing is just fucking crazy. I think that's the reason why they use the trailer so much

I can understand not knowing beatty but hoffman? not a single hoffman movie? how the fuck are you on Sup Forums?

drunk AIDS is best AIDS

it's say it was more the Gili of its time.

OP REKT

Why single out this episode? How is it different than any other movie or show they've discussed and criticized? There's literally nothing different about their tone or what they discuss.

I'm pretty sure you're a retard, OP.

why are you doing this. you are jealous of them and are a retard

>you are jealous of them and are a retard
That's pretty much the case with every RLM thread on Sup Forums. It's hilarious.

Okay. Point taken.

>Mike and Jay both have huge boners for 80's nostalgia
Jay clearly says in the Pixels episode that he's done with nostalgia.
As for the show itself, it's simply mediocre and will only truly please nostalgiafags or people whose standards in horror are really low in the first place.

>Jay clearly says in the Pixels episode that he's done with nostalgia.
no, he's done with nostalgia but he fucking loves the 80s. 80s is his jam. 80s, but not the new 80s like kung fury. he hates that.

did Josh really get into a fight with Colin last night on stream?

Any awkwardness was probably a result of Netflix paying them to "review" it more than anything else. At least that's my impression of it.

jay loves the 80s but is not nostalgic for the time period

>last night

they were streaming? i thought that was only sundays and wednesdays

Wake me up when they do a Doctor Strange/Arrival episode.

>i thought
you thought wrong

Why do so many autists on here over-analyze RLM videos? Are you weirdos really this desperate for drama? If you want to laugh at internet reviewer drama then go make a TGWTG thread. TGWTG is constantly going through all sorts of chaos and autism.

They've talked about this on the Pre-Rec stream. Jay knows Ishtar is good-to-decent movie, he said that's why they don't do it for Best of the Worst or whatever. Invoking Ishtar is just a gag, part of the rich tapestry of RLM in-jokes and references.

we have both rlm threads and tgwtg every time and then. the best kind of drama would be between the two of them, like when jay shittalked not once but twice douge

>twice
What? I know Jay once watched a Nostalgia Critic video and said everything about the way it was made was wrong but that's all I know. Post the second time he shit on TGWTG.

It's because they're jealous retards

behind the scenes video of the first hitb episode

once when he said about "these youtube critics" who only use one camera yelling agains the white wall (clearly talking about douge) and then the second time when somebody mentioned nostalgia critic on their message board (they have "message board") and they jay said "why is everything wrong with this video" or something along those lines, jay was basically criticizing douge for poor technical skills, just him yelling to camera against the wall. and then mike posted "who's nostalgia critic".

they are screenshots from this, it's in their message board somewhere, but I don't have this saved.

also this goes both ways, lindsay aka nostalgia chick menitoned he watches rlm but she said that "they get sometimes stuff sooo wrong"

the first quote is what I was talking about here