Has anyone here actually been to a drive-in theatre?

Has anyone here actually been to a drive-in theatre?

I find it hard to imagine that these wouldn't just be filled with 80% teenage couples engaging in oral / having sex

Nah, they can do that without driving 40 minutes outside of town.

I paid ten bux, i wanna watch Mad Max on a giant goddamn screen.

>Has anyone here actually been to a drive-in theatre?
Have you not? I went a few times as a kid. You're weird for never having been to one.

They're full of fat-fucks in wife-beaters and a bunch of babies who scream and cry and play on the tetanus-filled playgrounds in front of each screen. Oh, and don't forget the horrible, awful cafeteria/grandpa cookout food they serve in the concession stands.

And I don't know where THAT drive-thru is, but that's a whole lot of grass.

>I live in the midwest

>go see Lord of the ring: two towers
>gotta piss for like 10 minutes
>ask for the bathroom
>they point towards the woods
>walk and see a sign that says toilette
>its hole in the ground
>toilet roll hanging from a branch
>whatever I gotta piss
>feel someone touch my shoulder
>turn around
>redneck in cammo shorts and tuxedo
>sir I need to see your penis inspection papers
>they are back in the car
>forgot the "once you gotta pee cant come back" rule.
>penis inspection on the spot
>his hands are muddy
>missed like 10 minutes of the kino

I wouldnt recommend it OP, at least in my local theater they use gloves.

Used to do it with my friend's family all the time. Twice a year at least for 4-5 years we'd go watch two recent Hollywood releases in a row, it was always a double feature. They some how tried to inspect vehicles for food and force you to spend $15 for a large soda and a small box of candy but that's impossible to do. We always snuck in a kings ransom worth of food. They are some of my fondest memories- just clean wholesome family fun.

in like the 90's when they were on their way out. it was kinda shitty, the sound was one of those radio tuners, and we were in a regular car so you're looking at the screen through another window.

why is it that when it's oral, it's an engagement...

but when it's sex, it's hakuna matata?

u wot

Here in Indiana, it's just groups of hillbillies in their trucks mostly. Pay 20 bucks for the vehicle and two movies or 8 bucks per head and one movie.

>You're weird for never having been to one.
Hardly. You could simply live in a town where the real estate was so expensive, they would have been sold off decades ago.

theres a lot of drive in in my area and its mostly just families and friends, someones you get the occasional teenagers but it's not bad, people even have picnics at the one i used to go to.

never went to these before, since i don't live in america
my question is how did they deal with the sound?
i imagine that a lot of movies who rely heavily on sound and music would be kinda suck

>falcon flies off
>never see him again

Went to one for my first time last Sunday to see Halloween. Got a handjob from my gf

TWO, OR THREE, TIMES, I HAVE BEEN TO ONE, OR TWO, "DRIVEIN THEATRES"; THE LAST TIME THAT I WENT TO ONE WAS IN THE EARLY NINETEEN HUNDRED NINETIES, WHEN I WAS A TODDLER; MY MEMORIES OF "DRIVEIN THEATRES" ARE UNPLEASANT; THE EXPERIENCE IS APPROXIMATELY NINETY MINUTES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE; ONE CANNOT MOVE FROM ONE'S SEAT INSIDE THE AUTOMOBILE, ONE CANNOT STAND UP, ONE CANNOT WALK, AND THE METHOD OF LISTENING TO THE "MOVIE" VIA THE AUTOMOBILE'S RADIO IS WEIRD.

Saw a double feature of Dark Shadows and TDKR at pic related. Had a good time, thinking about it now I'm actually surprised I haven't been back.

i'm sorry that happened to you

Oh lord I giggled

lel

Did they have Alaskan King at the stand or just Snow?

Is it me, or is "lel" making a comeback?

Neither. Imitation crab

>implying comedy gold™ has ever gone out of style

You might get some twenty somethings tryin to be cute but not teenagers. Its mostly families trying to be nostalgic with their kids. The drive-in near me has a small playground that young kids play on before or during the intermission of double features.

Not just you, I've noticed it too. I, for one am glad. I have never liked "kek", and the whole lore/cult around it. It feels sinister/perverse.

Most of them have a radio station you can tune into if they don't have speakers set up next to where you park.

Man i miss them, our town only had one and it closed in the late '90s.

46 year-old, here. I saw both Star Wars and Grease in a drive-in. Felt good, man.

You don't have any more privacy at a drive-in than a regular theater. A lot of people sit outside their vehicles or on their hoods. People can see inside other cars.

One good thing about a drive-in is you can go to the concession stand without missing any of the film. Bathroom too if you park way in back and piss in the woods.

drive in are awesome

There are fun. Saw Jurassic park at one as a kid and saw MIB II at one as well. That's about it though.