Legitimate question: Is there a single person here that doesn't like Tom Waits...

Legitimate question: Is there a single person here that doesn't like Tom Waits? I feel like he might be the most universally loved artist ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jp6ckd0Ekjo
youtube.com/watch?v=1OridEogeAA
youtu.be/2lY2ieQ7paA?t=1m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont like him, he's faking the voice, doin a character.

why is that a bad thing?

I know plenty of people that are into music that do not like his music but as a person he is very likeable of course

because he purports himself to come from a place of sincerity but he is actually just acting. once you realize it's just an act, it gets old and corny.

So is Elton John, Mick Jagger, Robert Plant and every other fucker that put on a fake accent.

Yes. He manages to show blues influences without bastardising them (E.g Status Quo, Pink Floyd - Money) which is actually rather rare.

I assume you don't realise how unique that is. It takes one thing to tell a story through music, it takes even more effort to create it with literary intention. But to do both and remain in over 10 different characters on an album at one time is astonishing.

edit: dont know why i said yes, i meant no.
>autism

they all suck though and their inauthenticity is very apparent

literally the whole point

>without bastardizing them

Robert Plant is wonderful, you fuck. Even now at almost 70, his newest album is one of the best of the year.

this is why i don't like tom waits
youtube.com/watch?v=jp6ckd0Ekjo

But he's literally acting; he gives his characters names and everything. He doesn't actually want you to think he's a legless piano player or a man with a face on the back of his head

i will admit i didnt know that and it honestly is only more gayer to me now. why didnt he just write plays? oh wait i know, he's good enough to do the whole thing himself

Wow nice bait

That might be the worst criticism of music I've seen.

you know it's gonna get to you next time you listen

imagine not appreciating tom waits' songwriting talent because you think his "acting" is "insincere" lmao

He scored several plays, at least
youtube.com/watch?v=1OridEogeAA

You gave yourself away, though

he did write a play actually

wait i am learning so much about tom waits in this thread. i feel like people think im trolling bt i just genuinely find him comedically corny
are all you guys *not* trolling when you say you actually think he's cool and good?

THIS PiC hOW DO yOU LOOK AT THIS AND THINK "oh that is cool not fucking lame and gay at alllll"
like fuck

facile comparison. Waits has never played a black character. "Jazzman" is minstrelsy.

He's one of the best songwriters of all time

if there was is someone that doesn't, lets kill them

his fanbase is huge, and it spans 44 years and three generations. What do (You) think?

I dunno about cool because idk anything about him personally, but he makes undeniably great music.

he does a "black voice".

Are you an actual retard? Listen to the album you retard. Fucking retard.

ITT:
>Errrr, I dont like gravely voice man. Hes got a gravely voice. Errr

You have to be 18+ for Sup Forums buddy

you have to be 18- to still think tom waits is cool

Most of the Tom Waits fans I've seen IRL are in their 40s and 50s. In fact,I learned about Tom Waits from my dad.

youtu.be/2lY2ieQ7paA?t=1m50s

daily reminder only tryhard children and literal autists like Tom Waits. This is how us normies look at you "people".

>us normies
you baited so hard your line broke, 0/10

This guy acts and sounds just like my dad wtf

>Listening to someone who thinks Zeppelin II is the pinnacle of music in the history of the human race.
>Clearly either cant already tell or doesn't care that this man will almost certainly have no knowledge of classical music or even listen to music older than the 50's
Wow yeah lets all gather round and listen to an absolute moron who judges people on their music taste despite being the very definition of plebeian

Zeppelin II is one of the GOAT albums tho. To be fair most of the people here shun stuff like Zeppelin and Floyd and proceed to listen to derivative shit like Radiohead or Animal Collective

Maybe in 2009

I don't like him

Zeppelin is goofy and emotionless and Floyd (even though I like them) can be boring at times.
Also, how are Radiohead and AnCo derivative?

Never listened to him