Am I the only one who thinks of this book whenever I hear the Turkish president's name?

Am I the only one who thinks of this book whenever I hear the Turkish president's name?

I remember seeing that book in a bookstore when I was a kid and even then thinking it looked way too childish for me to read.

Absolutely the only one

that dragon looks like Homer Simpson

You were a wise macaco: it's a very poorly written fantasy novel.

Is the book itself any good?

No they're very amateurish, to the point of being comparable with fan fiction.

I liked it when I was 10

I saw the movie. It was not very good. But the princess was hot

It is horrible even by the low standards of fantasy literature.

Shows that merit means shit on this gay earth, what matters is dosh for ads.

> Merit
The author's mother was the president of the book publishing company

He wrote the book when he was 15

>No they're very amateurish, to the point of being comparable with fan fiction.
It had a few good, almost original ideas in the first book, but after that it was absolute garbage, especially when shit went "hurr so dark deep and edgy"

Isn't there a part in the second story where some old elf dragon rider guy tells him to shave off his pubestache? That's what I remember about the sequel.

At 15 he should have known better.

It all boils down to his mother advertising the shit out of it as a book written by wonderkid. That’s called nepotism isn’t it?

Erdogan is a quail-fucking psychopath.

That was a very American post. Well done sir.

It's okay if you judge it as one being written by a teenager, doesn't live up to the hype though.

At least it's not sword of truth.

The series was one of my favourite, but I have uncomparably shit taste and was quite young when I read it.

I read this when I was 8-9
I preferred the movie

I remember back then news about genius kids was a fad in the media, like today's clickbaits

"This kid got into Harvard at age 9 (actually only attended a Harvard summer program for kids)"
"This kid can speak 15 languages (actually homeschooled and languages are all his parents taught)
"Eragon is the next Harry Potter written by a talented teen!", so I just rolled my eyes and never read it

I liked the first two books, but by the 3rd book it all turned to garbage.

Yeah "nepotism" is the right word.

Lmao, I remember that fad. I blame stuff like "Dexter's Laboratory" and "Malcolm in the Middle" for that.

>"Eragon is the next Harry Potter written by a talented teen!", so I just rolled my eyes and never read it
It wasn't even written when he was a teen, he "had the idea" when he was a teen, he wrote his shitty LOTR-Star Wars crossover fanfiction as an adult