Which Rock Band/Guitar Hero had the best soundtrack?

Which Rock Band/Guitar Hero had the best soundtrack?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guitar Hero 5 was my favorite. But I don't remember really what was on it.

Guitar Hero 2 and Rock Band 2

Warriors of Rock had the funnest songs to play

GH2 had the best songs overall

GH5 was kinda patrician (Brand New, Elliott Smith, King Crimson)

There's so much terrible mainstream Alternative rock though. The good tracks were outliers but good game overall.

Pic related

Gh3.

The one I remember the most was GH3. I think that had a pretty good sountrack. Bunch of good songs (like Knights of Cydonia, Cliffs of Dover, Mississippi Queen, Paint It Black).

The last one I played was Rock Band 4. You could tell that they were having trouble finding tracks that weren't already available in previous games or as DLC and some tracks seemed like they were better suited for a singstar game (Uptown Funk, I Bet My Life, Still Into You). It did have some pretty good tracks like 'Light Up the Night', 'Arabella', and 'Superunknown' though.

I think the issue with RB4 was that they were choosing a lot of songs from people who were already in the game in some form; while they did have new ground with people like U2, Elvis, Van Halen, etc. there aren't enough of those to make it feel refreshing.

To answer OP: Probably Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band 3

It's still possible to import the songs from RB3 into RB4.

Gh2 had Hangar 18 which is the best song for a guitar video game

>Brand New
>Patrician

seconded

My favs were always Rock Band 2 and 3. Goddamn shame I never exported 2. I'd kill to have Rock Band 2 and 3 on the same disc. Also god bless the boys at C3 charting Sup Forums shit for customs.

You damn well know that rock band song libraries would all get saved together and who browses by game

Guitar Hero 2 had Trogdor so that automatically wins

But it was a shitty cover

what the fuck is this bullshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_4

OT: Probably GHWT/5 and RB3.

The problem was Hamronix has shit taste in music. They could have chosen so much good indie stuff from 2010s like Mac Demarco, Diiv, Tame Impala. Or even get some stuff like Slowdive or MBV. Instead the tried selling the game with a bunch of top 40 pop shit.

Rock Band 2's soundtrack was solid as fuck. I'm sure some would argue 5's because it had 21st Century Schizoid Man.

This tastes like bait but: considering Rock Band is a more party/casual game, it makes sense to put top 40 in it, or at least songs people know.

Also Slowdive would be fucking boring to play to be honest

Pic related.

>They could have chosen so much good indie stuff from 2010s like Mac Demarco, Diiv, Tame Impala. Or even get some stuff like Slowdive or MBV. Instead the tried selling the game with a bunch of top 40 pop shit.

Apparently it didn't make sense because Rock Band 4 was a failure.

RB2
so many great songs/bands on there. sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, Modest Mouse, Lush, Jethro Tull, Dinosaur Jr., Interpol, Silversun Pickups, Mastodon, Talking Heads, Judas Priest, the list goes on....
i'll give GH5 props for having 21st Century Schizoid Man on it tho

>Also god bless the boys at C3 charting Sup Forums shit for customs.

ayo

>the drums on Alison
>boring

MBV is probably more boring to play in-game, just based on Loveless the guitar parts on some of them are pretty fun but there's a lot of just chord strumming, the basslines are pretty basic and the looped/sequenced drums get old p fast

obv lego rock ban

This. Why couldn't they get more stuff like The Smiths, The Cure. Stuff like that. It may not have the face melting solos but it's still rock focused and nice to listen to.

GH2 looked good but I never played it. GH3 I remember liking a lot. Good introduction to rock music for a middle schooler.

Disintegration or Lullaby would have been great.

this tbqh

There's been a few Cure & Smiths songs in the games.

Step aside plebeians

Yeah, the boring syndicated radio songs. Not the good stuff like this RB4 did get Love song which I appreciated.

Game had a really good soundtrack, but the game itself is shit. Wish Rock Band got Beat It and Obstacle 1.

>but the game itself is shit

How

The radio songs sell, they usually only do "deep cut" DLC when it's full albums.

Not him, but World Tour's first attempt at using drums and vox was awful compared to Rock Band.

I never liked Guitar Hero note charts or strumming from GH3 forward.

The best and most fun songs were always metal, some punk, and hard rock songs. Once you got to a certain level only the hard songs were fun.

GH3's bonus songs have some of the worst charting in the series, I am astounded by them sometimes

Same

>kids game has Lostprophets song
>singer ends up being a pedo
ouch

>>kids game has Lostprophets song
>>singer ends up being a pedo
top geg