Is obeying the speed limit more important than keeping the flow of traffic?

Is obeying the speed limit more important than keeping the flow of traffic?

In Michigan, highway speed limits are 70 MPH, but where I live it is not unusual for traffic to be moving at 80-85 MPH. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The Ohio State
>The
Ohiofags will defend this

Go the speed limit, and the flow of traffic will adapt

ive always thought it was hilarious that Ohio is considered part of the Midwest.

>implying

people just tailgate the shit out of you or pass left

FUCK ohio

If they pass you its not your problem, and if they tailgate its still not really your problem, because they'll either pass eventually or one of you will exit the highway. The odds of both of you driving for an extended period of time and them tailgating you the entire time is slim

It won't be the same guy tailgating you the whole time, but you'll spend most of your time being tailgated, which is very dangerous for you.

I'd say its even more dangerous for them, if they want to go faster they'll pass unless they're retarded, but we arent talking about Ohio so thats not going to happen

>Michigan talking about Ohio again

It's like you're obsessed or something.

Ohio never stops talking about Ohio either

Speed limit here is 100 but it all depends if it's a beautiful summer day we all go 130 if it's middle of winter and frozen we may go under and do 80

We usually keep the flow of traffic but if you're at the back you make sure your passengers are alert as fuck to watch for cops or you go the speed limit. Cops here are corrupt and love to hand out false DUI and take your license if they can find even 0.001% alcohol. Court is likewise corrupt

That's a given.

There can never be peace with Ohio

JUST STAY IN THE SLOW LANE NIGGER

Forgot to say speed limits are in kms. You can convert them to your nigger tier measurement system accordingly.

100km/h=60m/h

neither ohio nor michigan are midwest

they are rust belt

GET IT RIGHT OR PAY THE PRICE

>when someone doesn't use their turn signal

You're right.

It's not just going to be one car tailgating you. Your danger is persistent, there's ends when they pass your retarded ass

Michigan is still salty about the Toledo War.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

I'm from Florida and even I think Michigan is several steps below Ohio.

And believe me someone from Florida knows what it takes to be a shit state

that's probably why michiganders never honk their horns

nobody is ever holding us up, so we don't need to honk at them

Come on man, I'm from PA so I have no horse in this race, but Ohio is legitimately a shit state. Michigan is alright, it's trees are the right height, etc.

>tfw PA

Ohioan here,

NO WHERE IS SAFE

YOU CAN RUN NO WHERE

WE PRODUCE THE MOST ASTRONAUTS OF ANY STATE, THIS MEANS THAT OHIO IS SO BAD IT MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE THE FUCKING PLANET

IMAGINE FIGHTING A MAN BRED IN SUCH A WARHAMMER
40K-ESQUE ENVIRONMENT

WE WILL SMITE ALL USURPERS OF OUR PRECIOUS LAKE

P.S. FUCK THE WARRIORS

if everybody is doing 85, you do 85.

Ohio is going to embarrass us this year. Think of it, the Republican Convention is going to be held in Cleveland. Cleveland! One of the blandest, shittiest dumps in this country. What a fucking humiliation. Foreigners are coming this year. Trump has invited a bunch of European nationalists to come to the Convention. In Cleveland. And with all the attention the Convention will get this year?

It's just such a disgusting disgrace. I hate Ohio.

You're part of the DMZ between Ohio and the rest of us.

Not if I'm going the speed limit in the left lane.

>Michigan
>Ever talking shit

Bet you guys are enjoying have so many players heading to the NFL.

Oh wait, that was THE Ohio State University's class.

You lot will probably just flock to California, and make it an even more overpopulated shit hole.

In Texas, on some roads traffic will be going over 100mph in a 70mph area.
The cops don't care.
My poor old truck can't keep up though. She can only go 95

My only real complaint with Ohio is that we have to drive through Ohio tovget anywhere. It seems like you guys are speed vigilantes.

>people obeying the law are the problem!
>if I run into problems for disobeying the law, it's their fault!

Literally nigger-tier logic.

im from ohio, but why the fuck would anyone care that people from their state are going into the nfl?

>Ohioans moving to Cali

disgusting on a baser level desu

I live in NYC now, TONS of clevelanders here

would go back to cleveland in a heartbeat

P.S. fuck the Bengals

Fuck all Ohio niggers.

t. superior Michigander

Nicer parts of Franklin county are good desu

>muh fagball

I'm from Texas. People care a lot.

You are from the literal worst state. I could at least miserably function if I had to move to commiefornia, I would kill myself before I live among old rich brats and beaners.

You go the same speed as the other people in traffic.

If you go the speed limit on the fast lane you just suck.

I'm an MSU student. Please don't let Ann Arbor faggots define what you think of all of Michigan

>

Ohio voted for fucking neo-cohen soros puppet Kuksich.
MI voted for Trump.
All that needs to be said

Ohio = cucked

the convention will surely uncuck them

hopefully

DONT FUCK THIS UP YOU BURNING RIVER HAVING ASTRONAUT PRODUCING ELECTORAL COLLEGE MEMEING IDIOTS

I'll fucking end you.

Come to Cinci and say that shit, you fucking faggot.

Hell, I'll drive up to Columbus just to kick your ass.

>driving on Alligator Alley

>some kek is going 70mph

>has a train of 15 cars right up his rear

>signs constantly says "slower traffic keeps right"

REMOVE BENGAL remove Bengal you are the Bengal shit the cinci shit FUCK Paul brown. Paul brown dying best day of my life

R E M O V E

P.S. I always love watching you guys wail on the steelers

And the cops don't bother you? Here in Germany, "speed limit" on many highways actually means lower limit and everybody exceeds it by 10-20%. If you drive too slow you will be regarded as an obstruction to traffic and cops will pull you out and check for drugs and alcohol. It's a bit ridiculous, but obeying speed limits too closely is the best way to raise suspicion because nobody else does. It's also illegal to run out of gas, and you can get fined for it.

>Ohio people

You too.

I can always count on the Browns-Steelers games being fun as hell.

>Illegal to run out of gas
I don't see an issue with this. If you run out and have to pull over to the shoulder, or worse: obstruct traffic, then you're a hazard.

Flow of traffic. Speed limit was set to 70-75 in the 70's and cars have gotten much safer in the past 40 years. With most new cars now featuring crash detection and prevention technology and automatic driving features and even older-model cars having improved tires, suspensions and safety features such as seatbelts and airbags a speed limit of 85 or even 90 miles an hour is not unreasonable on large freeways in open country.

>not realizing all Ohio banter involves threats of physical violence

people will just pass you on the right.

there's always one of you. trust me, it doesn't work. you just look foolish, and i laugh at you when i pass you because i know your life is shit.

It's fine it you go the speed limit as long as you stay on the right lane(s). If you are in the far right lane and are going 65, I swear to fucking god I will go ahead of you and stomp on my brakes.

Yup, exactly. Happened to me once with my first car, and I almost caused an accident. And you really gotta keep in mind that our traffic moves pretty damn fast in some areas. My personal record is 175mph, and that's really smalltime compared to friends.

AF at wright pat here
Fuck you Ohio.
Fuck your drivers
Fuck all the old fucks still driving
Fuck your boring ass state
Fuck your expensive ass amusement parks
Fuck Dayton in particular
I wish I never got orders to here

>175

Clearly lying. Go for something more believable.

I thought germany doesn't have speed limits?

>went to Germany a few years ago
>went out drinking and had so much I threw up on an 800 year old church
>next day hungover as fuck had to go to Frankfurt
>friend drives his suped up Audi wagon
>in passenger seat, slumped, in and out of consciousness thinking "fuck man why's he going so slow can we just get there already"
>open eyes
>speedometer at 205mph

W E W L A D I was not ready for that

great roads, great country, shame about the mudslimes

Laws like speed limits are there to protect society.

If traffic is moving safely 5-15 mph above some arbitrary speed limit, there is no problem.

Now, you fucking faggots who don't use turn signals, don't use your mirrors, weave in and out of traffic like you're some NASCAR driver... you are the problem. Not John Public on his way home from work doing 73 in a 65.

As an Ohioan who fled Ohio for North Carolina just to get away from the state I can attest all to well to it being a god awful state.

Kek, do you think that's impressive? Well I didn't drive myself, if that makes it more believable, crazy friend wanted to show off his new car.

We have tons of speed limits inside and close to cities, obviously. The infamous stretches without limits are rural, or rather they connect the big cities.

this, I went from Mainz to Frankfurt when I hit my record, it was barren and everyone was going crazy fast

RIP that trashed motorcycle I saw on the side of the road

What backwards-ass state do you live in where the right lane is the fast lane?

Everytime I have to drive thru Ohio I die inside its just farmland and shit cities only good thing is ur roads

Ohio > Michigan, but at least you're both better than Kentucky.

t. Hoosier

no they won't you fucking idiot. If you're in a 60 MPG zone, and traffic is going 75, they won't adapt to one person. It's safer to go 75

michigander here

I have to give credit where credit is due. the ohio turnpike has the best rest stops of all time.

I once stopped at one that had a max & ermas

HAHAHAHAHAHA ya no. Ohio's roads are shit in the greater Columbus area, like it's seriously 3rd world level of pot holes in some places. Only thing Ohio has going for it is Cider Point, Wright Patterson, and a few odds and ends. State has really gone down hill just in my life time thanks to some extremely bad governors.

It is important not to impede traffic. Speeding only really becomes a problem when you are driving in an area with street lights. Street lights are times to a certain speed limit and so are the lengths of the turn lanes and stuff.

Are you seriously bragging about driving 85mph?