Post a movie and then let another user post the album equivalent. I'll start. El Topo

Post a movie and then let another user post the album equivalent. I'll start. El Topo.

underrated post

Why would you start with a film maybe 4% of Sup Forums users have seen?

the first part of 2001 with the ape men

i had a hard time watching this one, user. sorta disturbing. i watched it without subtitles too which made it difficult. holy mountain on the other hand i ended up liking quite a bit. need to rewatch el topo. oh also his new one was pretty good.

This or pic related

I'd compare this a bit to Sleep - Dopesmoker. Psychedelic and desert-y, but dark and ominous.

I'd also compare it to some of the psych-folk or psych-drone / psych-noise of the '00s and early '10s. Six Organs of Admittance, Barn Owl, Eternal Tapestry, etc.

Also, the band Earth.

I'd compare this to whatever the big albums are by Imagine Dragons and 21 Pilots, or if we go back a decade, to Nickleback.

No, I'm being completely serious.

It's not as obscure as you think.

Yeah, I'd put it on par with The Wicker Man or Susperia as far as obscurity. Most people won't know it, but those who have a respectable familiarity with cool underground stuff will likely by now have heard of it.

Would it be First Utterance?

I'd say Cocteau Twins - Victoria Land.

*Victorialand

>wicker man
>underground
What the fuck

No, it's incredibly popular. Jodorowsky is very hip with the kids, which isn't a bad thing because I love him.

I need to watch this then, it's been on my watch list for a while anyway.