Strange customer stories?

Strange customer stories?

I work at waffle house as a server and have had a lot of strange experiences, especially on third shift. People asking for things like pickles on their waffles. Here's one that still grosses me out

> it's late
> 40 something year old woman comes in
> really nice
> gets eggs and hashbrowns
> when the food arrives, asks me for a bowl of grease off the grill
> wat
> repeats request
> ask the cook
> they stare and shrug
> give the lady her liquid heart attack
> try not to stare but I need to see what this bitch is up to
> please don't do what I think you'll do
> proceeds to POUR IT OVER HER ALREADY GREASY FOOD

She comes in about twice a year and does this

bump

There's also a man who brings a newspaper and highlights every line using 3-4 different colored markers. He'll stay for about an hour doing this and Im not ballsy enough to ask why.

Thank you!

I had a woman today go behind the counter to get her own drinks while I swept, despite me having just asked her if she needed anything.

The other night a drunk man got on the counter and screamed and threw ones over all the female servers. No idea why he made it rain but he was a baller

he's a man with a plan

a shittastic plan, but a plan nonetheless

I've also seen about 3 people OD in the parking lot and one inside since I started a year ago. Why do people go to waffle house for that? Because it's a public place and really close to the hospital? I just don't get it

Czeched

Sometimes if customers are too drunk to order their food I just get their drinks and order for them. 90% of the time it works wonderfully

>weekend with friends out drinking
>bars closing getting hungry
>want waffles
>get to waffle house, buddy keeps talking about fried eggs
>he wants a whole platter of fried eggs and a side of bacon
>order comes, dig into waffles
>friend across is swaying
>look at him, ask if he's okay
>says his eggs keep moving
>say it's you, just eat
>sways some more, groans
>this can't be good
>look down, every time the waittress walks by, it creaks the floor enough that his eggs go sliding side to side
>it's making him dizzy
>tell him to just dig in and it will stop
>goes to pop an egg, he turns grey and runs out of the restaurant
>finish my waffles

the greasy mesmerizing fried egg popping sent his stomach over the edge. he still doesn't eat fried eggs, 10 years later.

OH I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T TELL THIS ONE FIRST BUT NEW YEARS WAS CRAZY

Lots of drunk and high people and one couple in particular gave me the strangest request I've ever had. The guy held out a remote and asked me to push the button. I immediately recognized it as a vibrater controller and asked if the other end was in his girl and she winked at me. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I was trying to be professional. The whole time they were there that man kept asking. Looking back I probably missed out on a great tip, but I was really not about to have some chick floating out of her seat at the restaurant

Also at least 80% of the time, all of my coworkers are high. I won't do it at work because I get too oblivious. Tried it one time at work and only took the order of the lady in a couple. Once I brought the food they reminded me I hadn't taken his order. I was so embarrassed

There's a pair of customers who always come in every week. They're super nice but you can smell them from the opposite end of the store. They're hippies and always smell so horrible, like they have the worst BO and refuse to shower. The chick is so hot but I can't get past the smell. Other customers will go to the opposite end of the restaurant and still eat even with that stink in the air

Once a drunk man grabbed my ass. I thought (more like hoped tbh) it was an accident and let it go but he kept telling me how good I looked. Ended up having to ask him to leave once he started harassing the other customers

> strippers come in all the time
> always pay in ones
> I hate having to count out a $50 in ones for their group ticket

They tip well though and their nice to look at.

ALSO LET ME THROW OUT A PSA THAT I MAKE $2.45 AN HOUR AT WAFFLE HOUSE. PLEASE ALWAYS TIP YOUR SERVERS.

Possibly a reporter or data analyst? Or a weirdo.

Anyone still here?

Maybe, but he highlights every single line, even the ads and obituaries and comics

The grab and goes at my local retail store when i worked there were always interesting.

yup

i used to work at a pizza restaurant that had a dine in area. this 1 customer told me "less pepper on the pepperoni next time"

I think she was just joking with me, but she had a really good poker face if she was.

>I MAKE $2.45 AN HOUR AT WAFFLE HOUSE

I'm not trying to get the general minimum wage debate going, but why don't you just get a job that pays better?
When i was younger i wanted some money on the side so i got myself a shit job at mostly constrution sites that payed about three times of what you're getting.
I was taken after the first interview. It's shit literally anyone with working libs can do.
It's still not a lot, but why don't you do the same if the pay is so bad?

Example?

Once a homeless man came in with his dog and was crying that he couldn't afford to even feed it. He just needed somewhere to get out of the heat for a while so we let him chill and gave him free food. One customer told us not to let him leave till they got back, and when they returned they had bought him a months stay at a local hotel. He sobbed and was incredibly thankful. It was a wonderful day after that human kindness

I work at Waffle House and I take it in the ass

OCD + literal Autism.

Wouldn't be surprised if schizophrenic

Mostly because nowhere else has called me back yet. I went to college for a few years but didn't graduate, and im trying to save up to go back. I've applied everywhere i could think of though

Ok, that's actually off the charts weird.
Kind of reminds me of that chick that would color each square of her college block with a marker creating slanting lines.
She did it because she found it calming.

That's still weird but less weird for sure

I used to get the bus home every night after work and there was always a guy who would read the paper/magazine and after he got to the bottom of the page he would rip it one third of the way down turn the page and do the same once he got to the bottom of that page, always wanted to ask why he did that, still kinda bugs me that I didn't

Probably an ocd thing

My first week at waffle house a customer somehow pooped on the sink. Either he climbed up there and did it, or shit in his hand and put it there. Either way it required dedication

>I MAKE $2.45 AN HOUR AT WAFFLE HOUSE.
lying cunt

I'm dead serious. I'm in west Virginia and that's what I'm paid

> proceeds to POUR IT OVER HER ALREADY GREASY FOOD

its a drug addict thing. settles their stomach by coating their irritated stomach lining

you're a lying cunt fuck off

LOL that's great. Thank you anom

get a better job nigga im not gunna tip.

That's interesting but not at all surprising in this area. Thanks for letting me know!

I really don't care if you don't believe me

I've been trying. See for my response to the same type of comment

I don't have to believe shit you know as well as I do that you're misrepresenting the way you get paid.

I'm telling you what my boss pays me. We live off of tips. It's important to tip because it's how we make a living

>It's important to tip

No it isn't, because your boss has to ensure that you are paid minimum wage whether you get tips or not.

Listen. I leave with about 50 in my pocket each day which equals out to minimum wage. However I ONLY get that BECAUSE of tips. When people don't tip, I don't leave with as much cash despite the same amount of work. So yes, it is important because it's how I get paid

worked at a walgreens many years ago. one night a woman comes in and is shopping around. she gets in line and i'm checking her items out. start smelling a really foul stench. other customers start backing away from her and she runs out the store. she took a diarrhea dump all over the ground. dude walks in and proceeds to step in it

Lying cunt. It's a federal crime for your boss to let you make less than minimum wage.

What ever you need to tell yourself. It's literally how I live but I guess I can't prove it to you so I'm done trying to explain it

Welcome to America, I take it you never had a job that pays in tips huh? But you can tell us what its like..

maybe she was constipated

That's gross... once a man smeared his shit all over the walls and I left early just so that I wouldn't have to clean it. I'm not paid enough to deal with that biohazard

I'm an employer and I know the law. And I see these sympathy seeking faggots claiming they make $2.45 an hour all the time here on Sup Forums.

>claims to only make $2.45 an hour
>actually makes more than minimum wage because of tips
>employers are allowed to deduct tips from an employees wage up to $2.45
>employer not allowed to deduct tips from employees wage if wage would be decreased below minimum wage
>employee, by federal law, never earns less than minimum wage
>still goes on Sup Forums and claims to get paid $2.45 an hour

Suck my dick you lying cunts

It's supposed to be like that but literally every job i had that i collected tips was exactly not like that. Op is not lying, thats how it is. If you dont make "enough" tips (to tell your boss) then you get replaced because obviously something must be wrong with you, not some cheap assed customers that think they know labor law.

Well you must be the one employer in the whole country that abides by the law then.

i also worked at a bowling alley where we held the special olympics. tard decided to paint a picture on the wall with his shit and i had to clean it up. don't they have people for that shit?

We don't have to claim our tips unless they're on credit cards. I don't know what to tell you because this is really how it is for us. Do you really need me to go get a pay stub to show you?

Sorry you're too fucking stupid to know the law you cunt. If your take home at the end of the day is less than the normal minimum wage your boss is required to pay you more. The only reason they're allowed to pay you a lower hourly wage is because you get tips. Get rid of tips.

But until they get rid of tips, we live off of them. When I first started I only made like a buck s table if I was lucky because I wasn't very good at my job. Those first few weeks I only made like 30 bucks a day and nobody ever paid me extra for it.

Yes, literally every job must be running illegal wage scams risking violating federal law. Yes, that's definitely it. It's totally not because you're a stupid fucking cunt caught lying for sympathy on Sup Forums.

Read this until it sinks in completely
>dis nigger is trying to describe a ocean when he's never seen it

see
lying cunts

I don't understand how you don't get this. Are you literally retarded?

well you're the one who decided to take that job. there are other, more honest places you know

>Are you literally retarded?

I'm not the one claiming to be victimized by illegal wage scams at every job they work at.

I've been trying to find another job

I'm telling you the truth but you don't believe me. Why would I lie? It's not like you guys are my customers and will tip me better for it

That's hysterical but im sorry you had to clean it up

Theres 2 groups of people:

>One who read the labor laws on the poster in the breakroom

>And two, people that actually work for tips

Either way, you can still justify not tipping because you're a cheap jew, but dont tell me what its like to take tips, when you have never taken tips

This

I believe you tip slave

Signed - The pizza guy (paid in tips also)

Any good stories?

Exactly. I don't believe you for a goddamn second. It's a huge liability for an employer to run an illegal wage scam. There really is no motivation to do so, since a single report from an employee to the labor dept will cost them a small fortune in fines and reimbursements.

Aww, how cute.
When you get a job one day you'll find out what its like, and be sure to tell your boss all about the law too, he'll probably propote you right on the spot

>be me 20
>broke college student
>there is a chain for local gas stations that are essentially ghetto liquor stores
>they are owned by these very sketchy tajik people pretty sure they bought the gas stations with dirty money
>store is called megasaver
> these tajiks strategically placed them in low income regions of my city
>attracts the worst people
>the first was silly fob thorton
>on my first day of working there I experienced a gentleman walk in wearing filthy frank sunglasses making weird jokes about how Australians are not toboggins and something about polish sleds idk just reiterating what was said
> stands in the line switching between a variety of accents
> keeps telling me do that his fat bitch of a wife is in the minivan waiting or him he staggers around the store
>gets a nice selection of gas station sandwiches tuna chicken etc
>squeezes the life out of them then throws a wad of cash on the table
>tells me to keep the change
>wtf its 3 times the amount of his bill
>pocket for panda express later
>the next pos was a family who lived in a shitty trailerhouse in the back of an equally shitty house
>there was mom with her daughter who was 6 or something the mom and step dad were no exaggeration lahey alcoholics they would come in every day and always get a handlebar of vodka
>the mom who had a ultra crackwhore vibe would break out in this weird gaspp laughter
>they weren’t a nuisance as much as entertaining but its hard to visually explain it
>they will be later useful

At our place we get the usual junkies and alcoholics in the morning along with seniors, because they have fuck all to do but waste their gobberment money and try and get free/cheap shit from me. All regulars.

Had to throw out a couple of them. One old guy would come shitfaced and piss himself every time. Another skinny junkie fuck closed himself in womens bathroom so we had to call the cops to get him out. One more midged junkie fucker would stand outside the place and smoke hash in broad daylight. Threw that fucker out too.

However this one regular actually killed a guy before, was in prison and all that. I heard a story from my co-workers that not long ago the usual group of junkies threatened him with a knife or something. Don't see them hanging around any more.

Cont..
>the worst of the bunch were the niggers
>niggers must have been 90% of the customers
>I had niggers who would get stoned come in and use EBT (welfare) for munchies which infuriated me and my co workers
>I was already aware of the negroid antics from being a btard long enough but experiencing nigger schenaenaegans is way worse
>one day I am working the drive thru yes we have a drive through for swishers and smokes or what else
>I see two negroid females drive up in a car with a babies in the back I open the door and they are hot boxing with the children in it
>ask them politely why they smoke with there kids in the car by the way these girls are like 17 or 18 yr
>”what you say bitch you trynna hate my babies you finne get smoked” other sheboon starts rattling insults at me creating a nigger snowball effect or the ferguson effect is what I like to call it
>quickly throw a variety of swishers at them and shut the door realize id been niggered
>niggers are by the far the worst I apologize for shitty chronology writing isn’t my strong suit (chem major)
>One Sunday I never worked Sundays btw its about 10pm theres a bunch niggers hanging around a car on the edge of our building they kept coming to buy condoms and water bottle as I went for a smoke break I saw a prostitute get into a car and drove away

It can't be illegal though because it's happening. My boss owns three waffle houses and we all get paid the same except for grill operators that make 10 an hour. I'm tired of trying to explain to you how I live, you're obviously not going to believe me.

>deflecting attention from your obvious lies this fucking hard

Everything I've said is true and verifiable with a google search.

Everything you've said is a pathetic lie. Just stop.

Its obvious this guy belongs in the first group of people i mentioned, and has never taken tips

Here you go idiot.

Yeah, we get it. Thats the law.
I'm telling you reality here

All you're doing is verifying what I've said. So thanks, I guess.

The reality is people like you lying about shit for sympathy because you've got a victim complex. You've known everything I've said is true from the start, because it was explained to you when you were hired.

Was she English? Because we call it 'dripping' and put it on sandwiches.

Have you ever had a job that payed you in tips?

No she was from Ohio or some shit

Why don't you call waffle house corporate and ask them about it?

Oh. Maybe she's just a fan of our fine English cuisine then.

Why don't you report waffle house to your local employment dept?

Oh that's right, it's because you're fucking lying.

Shut up about the tips. If you make less than minimum wage and you don't make it up in tips, it is required by u.s. labor laws that the manager pays out for the difference.

What you're saying is simply not true though. You obviously don't know what you're talking about if you think this is some mass lying thing for sympathy. We only make minimum wage because of tips and because of that we can be paid very little. But minimum wage is only met because of tips therefore tips are important for us. End of story

I pull out a five and always put it into the top jar smiling and then when the cooks look the other way I pull out the biggest bill I can find in the jar.

We do make it up in tips. All I originally said is that this is why tipping is important

that's true in theory, but in practice, if you demand that from your boss, you'll be fired. read Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenrich (or something)

We don't have a tip jar at waffle house, but I've seen people swipe the money from the tables

That's not the way it works. Your employers deduct tips from minimum wage. If there are no tips, the employer can't deduct.

Also, minimum wage is all a waiter deserves.

in practice if you can't find a way to make more than $2.45 an hour without begging then you probably deserve to starve to death

i'm also an employer (although no tips in my business) and also know the law. And I guarantee that maybe 5% of restaurant owners follow the law. If you ask for your over-$2.45 pay, you're either laughed at or you get it but you're fired. There's a difference between what the law says and what happens on the street.

Bullshit.

We don't have to report our tips unless they're on credit cards. My paycheck is literally only about 26 a week.

/thread

It's not important at all, cause if you didn't get the tips, you'd still make minimum wage from your manager paying out the difference. Stop trying to get ppl to feel sorry for you, faggot.

Yeah i got one - and its tip releated too

>delivery area is 10 miles out from the store, in a country setting
>guy lives 15 miles out, dumbass order takers took his order, without checkingnthe map, and its made and i have to deliver it
>get there early still, order is 19.92, guy hands me a 20, and slams the door in my face
>beyond the door i can hear him and his wife or sister, cousin something like that - "you going to tip them?" Guy replies: "tip them, fuck them"
>calmly walk back to my vehicle and drive off
>3am rolls around, im still pissed, and i still remember the address
>have a pickup truck with tow bumper, go to his house - I back right into his mailbox flattening it and breakingnit off at the ground with a hella loud sound
It was a new mailbox and post too, hope it was worth it to be rude
>they never ordered pizza again
Feelsgoodman.jpg