youtube.com/watch?v=B5eTlurwwpI
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_matthew_herbert_big_band/goodbye_swingtime/
youtube.com/watch?v=HceYlKx_YEo
youtube.com/watch?v=6_U2MTlP660
rateyourmusic.com/~KidAutismpretty
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/wishmountain/wishmountainisdead/
youtube.com/watch?v=oVDobXgDvT4
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/matthew_herbert/the_end_of_silence/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pixinguinha-clementina-de-jesus-joao-da-bahiana/gente-da-antiga/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various-artists/bresil-choro-samba-frevo-1914-1945/
youtube.com/watch?v=l8SbJpGqA4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder that non-music posting has ruined rym threads.

Just give it up

>ruined

they were never good to begin with

youtube.com/watch?v=ET2pjL84-0A

rateyourmusic.com/~78787878

Digital Dancehall time, any suggestions?
youtube.com/watch?v=pY2qAkcXlbU

these threads we're never good

rateyourmusic.com/~rodionr
youtube.com/watch?v=vxDOX1t_oMM

I have no idea why I suddenly had the urge to post here.

how do we make /rym/ great again lads?

because you want attention and virtual respect?

Eh, certainly not the second option.

rateyourmusic.com/~Nacre

youtube.com/watch?v=B5eTlurwwpI

Are you from Brazil?
Elis Regina is great, I found a couple of her records in a thrift store bin here in Canada, which is remarkably rare for this part of the world - but I was wondering how dime-a-dozen are they in Brazil.

This is a great album, I've actually played this CD to friends before with good results. Herbert's first three albums are really unique and creative to me, have you ever heard Bodily Functions?
Stop using it.
[2]

>Stop using it.
you too

all of you

please

Based And Creamey Lad Like FutariSaison

>"another 78787878 deletes his account episode"
believe me i've tried i'm honestly a RYM addict that's in an endless cycle of relapse and quit and repeat.

bring back lewis, arcadia and gene

>have you ever heard Bodily Functions?
Yeah, it's been some time since I last heard it though. Definitely intrigued by Herbert's sound but I think Bodily Functions fell mostly flat for me. Will probably hear 100 lbs later today since it's on high priority in my backlog.

this is also pretty good:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_matthew_herbert_big_band/goodbye_swingtime/

and some nice remixes:
youtube.com/watch?v=HceYlKx_YEo
youtube.com/watch?v=6_U2MTlP660 (bad quality)

rateyourmusic.com/~KidAutismpretty pretentious

Yes. Unfortunately I don't go out to buy stuff, therefore I have no idea how to answer you properly.
I believe it's not rare though. You can usually find old Brazilian records on bookstores specialized on used stuff (we call them "sebos" here, not sure what is the correct English term).

reminder that people who don't know japanese will NEVER EVER be relevant on glitchwave

90s PC gaming surpasses any weebshit

ricehoses btfo

Bodily Functions is a touch inconsistent but I think it's a very innovative album, especially for his time. Around the House is his best album but Suddenly and The Audience are my top two tracks from him. I've heard Scale and 100lbs as well, 100lbs runs a similar quality pattern to Around the House in that its weakest tracks are in the first five, and builds its way to hypnotic excellence later into the album.
>Experimental Big Band from Herbert
why haven't I heard of this?
I remember hating a sound collage album from him though lol so I'm tentative.
Thrift stores? Heh. What are your thoughts on Maria Bethania?
Also, how old do you go with the Brazilian music you listen to?

this is actually an objective truth
riceshoes btfo's himself literally every single time he posts
i actually find it a touch entertaining

Gothic 2 is superior to all weebshit

>I remember hating a sound collage album from him though lol so I'm tentative.
haven't listened to any of the material under his own full name, but I tried this a while ago:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/wishmountain/wishmountainisdead/

(wasn't impressed)

also:
youtube.com/watch?v=oVDobXgDvT4

I never seriously listened to Bethânia for some reason. Actually, you reminded me that I forgot to rate her 1965, the only one I listened.
I liked it. Her voice is pretty deep for a woman, which is quite rare to see.

Ever listened to Nara Leão?

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/matthew_herbert/the_end_of_silence/

It was this one, but I'll check out all these links at any stretch. He's definitely a hit or miss artist overall but those are often the most exciting artists to listen to because you never know what you're going to get.

cringe

>how old do you go with the Brazilian music you listen to?
Maybe Noel Rosa-old.

In all honesty, I haven't - I think on some level it's slipped through the cracks because of the RYM kitsch I subconsciously associate with it.
Drama: Anjo exterminado is my favorite of Maria's but she's had some atrocious releases too, another curious 'hit or miss' artist IMO that i figure I'd ask about anyways because she's loved as much as Elis down in Brazil (or so I've heard from various sources).

Who so happens to be the same age and genre as my favorite samba artist, the ever-theatrical Vassourinha.
Ever heard of Pixinguinha, Orlando Silva or Araci Cortes?
I personally think the 78 Era in Brazil produced the best music but I also feel that way about most countries.

Yes. I think you might like these:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pixinguinha-clementina-de-jesus-joao-da-bahiana/gente-da-antiga/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various-artists/bresil-choro-samba-frevo-1914-1945/

youtube.com/watch?v=l8SbJpGqA4c
Her best album IMO.

I'll definitely download them, many thanks!

based kind and civil music lovers

cringe

cringe (bump)

Have you learned nothing you mean spirited soul?

?

/thread

??

Based cringe poster keeping the thread from devolving into too much coherence!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ~kkangpa ?????

kill yourself

that was a look™

you've been dissed so many times here and sean has made you look like a normie

What even is a normal anymore these days

what's DXM like

is that why you keep posting sean's ratings hoping he's going to change it to your likings? you're so jealous and defeated

slo mo shrooms

As correct as you are, don't feed the sal.

hey

is what why
i've had a friend describe it as "super alcohol" once and that seems accurate. very spiritually satisfying in higher doses; you can get it at literally any drug store for like 6 bucks plus tax

Proud member of the Hipster Collective.

seriously kill yourself you friend betraying cat killing dadrocker

>very spiritually satisfying
Yeah I'm sure you know a lot about spirituality you enlightened shit plate

yawn

you're the only one who brought knowledge up

I think most people are wise enough to understand that Sal is very mentally ill, but I do need to reinforce - don't listen to him on DXM. DXM is extremely neurotoxic and can efficiently destroy a brain without many dosing instances. One could reason that Sal's abuse of the drug has exacerbated his illness, if not caused it altogether.
Also, as amusing as it may be to observe his constant state of confusion, peril and entropy, the kind soul would see past all of it, and simply NOT encourage his usage of it to him either.

This is a very bad and very gay post

go to bed, sal

>DXM is extremely neurotoxic
WRONG

there are studies that show that DXM is actually beneficial in treating neuropathic pain, various neurological disorders, methotrexate-induced neurotoxicity, and the neurotoxic effects of chemotherapy

go to bed, sal

Thank you

>WRONG
I stopped reading here when I died of laughter and sadness.

>I stopped reading here
you did not

Are these studies based around your abuse of it? DXM won't save you or make you a better or more "spiritual" person, sal. I honestly think weed was bad enough for you, fuck knows what DXM has irreversibly done. the proof is in the pudding.

this is an example of a delusion energized by selective reading and overall confirmation bias
which really just serves to emphasize sal's illness in the first place

there

>this is an example of a delusion energized by selective reading and overall confirmation bias
there's nothing selective about understanding that dxm is neurologically fairly safe -- talk about confirmation bias
there's a difference between a person's psychology and their neurology

define abuse
how many times do you think i've taken this drug, when was the last time i've taken it, how often do you think i've taken it, what was the average dosage
>DXM won't save you or make you a better or more "spiritual" person, sal.
i never professed such. all i said is that it's spiritually satisfying in higher doses. you're perceiving what you want to perceive, clearly.

to quote this winner, i think it's truly amusing to see how many people here are obsessed with my past and w/e psychological difficulties i have going on despite how much clear work i've put in to change my life for the brighter and better

only the loser hellhole that /rym/ is could take something objectively positive and salubrious and turn it into a bad and negative thing. i'd love to know what the perpetually depressed, fat and lonely folks that i know browse and post in this general on a daily basis are doing everyday to benefit themselves, i really would.

there

I'd like to know too Sal.
unlike others I don't actually want you to kill yourself. I'd rather see your life changed for the better.

You've been claiming it for years but no one sees it because it's not there. You're still here. As much as you think you're becoming a brighter and better person, you're really not.
You're still as disgusting as you always have been and you've never apologized or even considered it for all the sick things you've ever done to anyone. You don't think or see yourself as a sick, racist, drug abuser now or then, do you?

>only the loser hellhole that /rym/ is could take something objectively positive and salubrious and turn it into a bad and negative thing
You're the biggest hypocrite ever. You live and run on negativity, and the attention I'm giving you right now.

also, what's your deal with overweight people? I know they're not the only set of people you have specific discriminating problems against. I know I'm skinnier than you, but it doesn't matter, and neither do you or your too far gone brain.

thank you mensa

faggot

>racist
lol
>sick drug abuser
yeah let's not call the kettle black if you don't mind

the reality is that you're only triggered *here and now* because i mentioned dxm and i know dxm is this pseudo-krypnonite these days to you and jonas for w/e reason

What if I wasn't Mensa?

I really wouldn't be surprised if this was you again sal.
I've never met or heard of a more insecure and broken person than you, and it only makes me sad.

>let's not call the kettle black if you don't mind
seriously?
Why have you never been able to admit you're racist despite showcasing it yearly?

based cringe poster

>seriously?
seriously.

i get along just fine with people of all sorts of differing races and ethnic backgrounds IRL and online. just because i like to casually say nigger and spic occasionally doesn't mean i'm racist.

you're also a homophobe

incorrect

>just because i like to casually say nigger and spic occasionally doesn't mean i'm racist.
Fuck off you racist inbred. You're the result of being raised by Sup Forums

make me nigger

found the nu-male

Sal is threatened by anything that isn't a white caricature of a so called man like him. at least, he very clearly once was and proudly made it clear. He just says whatever he wants to at this point, with the word "nigger" added to spice things up. It's like trying to sweep your trail clean but he just continues to mess it and everything else in his life up.

nice fan fiction i read it

The pudding is hot tonight, sally.

I hate to say it, but Sal is easily the winner in this thread. The arguments against him are just objectively incorrect.

OK sally, you did good here

>objectively incorrect
hey sal

/heil trump

yawn

Not Sal, I'm just saying that a lot of the posts against him in this thread are just factually incorrect. Sal is coming out ahead in this thread.

Sal needs to leave this general, too many liberal cucks here.