Are there any other movies like this? Not necessarily anime

Are there any other movies like this? Not necessarily anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1GO-93Nt3c
youtu.be/Af5r8ONtacw
gen(dot)lib(dot)rus(dot)ec/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tetsuo and Tetsuo 2? Depends on what you mean by movies like Akira.

>TED SUDO!!!

>CANADA!!!

There will be once WB starts filming the live action remake

I don't know. Future city, sci-fi, dark, horror. Those are good suggestions though. Thanks.

It's gonna be a trilogy I heard. I'm not even getting my hopes up. I'd rather have a full length version of this desu: youtube.com/watch?v=t1GO-93Nt3c

Shure there are. AKIRA is probably the biggest and most accessible by far but others exist. Japanese cyberpunk is a hell of a cool thing, but it gets way deeper than Akira. Most of them are like the second half of that movie from the get-go only faster and stranger. I'll try to rank them from most to least weird.

>Ghost in the Shell
Cyborg-detectives chase down a sentient computer or something. Gets very heavily into identity-crisis talk but is really nice looking and contains well-directed action.

>Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Cop can't bring himself to pull the trigger on a terrorist, throwing his future as a police officer into jeopardy.

>Videodrome
Guy who runs a sleazy tv-station starts intercepting a shockingly violent pirate-program and decides to broadcast it. His life starts to get strange and dangerous.

>Scanners
Homeless schizophrenic finds out he's a more evolved form of human-life and different groups have different ideas on what should be done with him.

>Brazil
Future-bureaucrat's life spirals out of control due to a combination of a lust for freedom and minor happenings outside of his understanding.

>The Red Spectacles
Sequel to Jin-Roh. Future-cop flees the country after his unit is disbanded and returns years later to find that things have changed.

>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Sequel that takes the avant-garde elements from the first one up to 11. At times beautiful to look it but it might stretch your patience.

>Burst City
Pretty much a punk-music video with some vaguely punk-anarchist-Mad-Max tying it together.

>Tetsuo the Iron Man
Japanese Eraserhead with lots of sexual imagery combined with heavy industrial machinery shit.

>964 Pinocchio
Made by a guy who worked on Tetsuo, sex-android is cut loose by his owners to find his own way in the world.

>Death Powder
Final boss of cyberpunk.

Please don't tell me this is real

Pretty sure it's just a concept that was thrown around a decade or so ago.

Think it's cancelled thank fuck. There were talks for Garett Hedlund (out of Tron Legacy) to play Kaneda

Dragonball Z.

Tons of screaming and explosions.

Guys I know its not /lit/ but what about books?

Nothing like Akira. Did you even get it? Did you even watch it?

Most science-fiction is shit, don't listen to anybody who tells you to read Neuromancer. The best writer along these lines is Phillip K. Dick, and he's generally agreed to be just decent.

>The Man in the High Castle
>The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
>'Flow My Tears,' The Policeman Said
>Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
>Ubik
>Valis
>Radio Free Abermouth

have fun. If you ask nicely I'll tell you how to pirate every book ever written forever.

I don't get it. Why did they use the Deus Ex OST when they could use the Akira OST? It's fucking amazing
youtu.be/Af5r8ONtacw

Video is not available in my country. :( I thought this was America.

Someone should make a (good) movie adaptation of Ubik. Seems like there have been several aborted attempts.

Written by the same guy, top notch animation, more dystopian, more noir, story is also better imo

Why are you such a faggot?

it's really not. the association with the awesome imagery of the movie makes it seem better

Why? It's fucking nonse.

>Why?
Because it's a good book.

Every time you pronounce Canada like this a Canadian cuts off his dick with a hockey skate

Please tell me how to pirate every book ever so I can stop scrabbling for scraps on bit.che and soulseek

I'm not following. Could you elaborate on where the fuck you're coming from?

gen(dot)lib(dot)rus(dot)ec/

all you need forever, don't let the '.rus' put you off, it's trustworthy.

That it's like your opinion. Akira OST is a perfect example of a good OST for a movie.
Look for Akira theme/Kaneda in jewtube. But you already know that OST, don't you?

If you're talking about Library Genesis, I already know about it. If something else, please tell me, because I didn't find there some books I was looking for. Like "you can't win" by Jack Black and some books by William Burroughs

If Library Genesis doesn't work you're seriously pushing it. Maybe try '#bookz' and check a few torrent sites. Sometimes you can get an author's whole bibliography in one go.

akira's Ost is better than the movie

Thanks bro

I love you

My favourite part of it, the beginning sequence, is very close in tone to most of the Taiwanese New Wave when it deals with street gangs or isolated youth (Brighter Summer Day or Rebels of the Neon God).

However, none of the films there are action packed or have any sci-fi whatsoever.

His prose is generally agreed to be just decent, but nobody would deny that the man was straight up bonkers and it showed in his oeuvre in a magnificent way.

Since Akira is garbage outside of it's animation and OST, it's not that hard to be better than it. That being said, Metropolis is great and one of my favorite anime films.

thanks m8

only if i could find these old flicks

thanks user.

Just noticed this piece of shit. METAL, GUYS! METAL!

Should I buy an e-reader to read those?

Read the manga

Did tetsuo do anything wrong?

I think that e-readers are a good investment. I go over the price of the purchase in books pirated annually at least, so if reading digitally doesn't bother you it's a good idea to save money.

The ones with e-ink displays are the best, also something that can read a lot of file-types is good. I have a Kobo-glo. The thing takes EPUBs great and also does PDFs.

manga is bloated and impersonal

Problem Child 2

lmao. that one sucked

About any popular anime has had talks about a live action remake. People have been talking about a live action Cowboy Bebop remake for over a decade, first with Keanu Reeves and then Benedict Cumberbatch.

manga is masterpiece

>don't listen to anybody who tells you to read Neuromancer

stopped reading there, Neuroamncer is fucking amazing, faggot

If you read it 20 years ago like I did it's great. I reread it a few years back though and it's aged horribly. You have to realize it was written with the same knowledge about technology as the movie Hackers.

Kaneda and Tetsuo's relationship is virtually non-existent. Instead you get 'GRORIOUS NIPPON ENDURES ALL SETBACKS' and a bunch of weird shaman-shit in the background.

>Neuromancer is bad because it didn't 100% predict the future
No, it's bad because it's an unreadable, pulpy clusterfuck.