Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0sUIxXCCFWw?list=PLywecxpcTSV52UMOO6tDQY2RZDjUPK4iC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*rapes you*

Jack Nicholson is a spoopy ghost

Kubrick mistakingly thought its scary when shit makes no sense

REDRUM IS MURDER BACKWARDS
SDRAWKCAB REDRUM SI MURDER

What was a minotaur doing in the Shining?

ur mom XD

ending legit spooked me out

youtu.be/0sUIxXCCFWw?list=PLywecxpcTSV52UMOO6tDQY2RZDjUPK4iC

I like how Kubrick made this movie absolutely disturbing

>The naked attractive women turning into a decaying old women
>Some guy getting a blowjob from someone dressed up in a furry outfit
>The themes of the father abusing his son and the father turning into a serial killer
>The racist reference

I don't think anyone knew what they were going to expect when they saw this for the first time.

It truly is a sinister masterpiece and miles better than the Stephen King version which just doesn't do the horror justice.

the book is so fucking bad.. i have no idea why king is so renowned as a horror writer, he has no idea how to create a good story. he just writes the same characters (based on himself) over and over and weirdly self-inserts into every story. it's lame

to scare you

>the book is so fucking bad..
yeah if you watch King's mini series which was made by him: it is just not good at all apart from them explaining who the women in the bathtub was and some more backstory about the hotel otherwise the ending is terrible and so cheesy.

Uh that's a man skiing

The hell is that face on the poster meant to be?

>Stephen King’s novel didn’t feature a hedge maze but Kubrick added it for the film as a reference to the part-man, part-bull creature who lives at the centre of a labyrinth. The hotel itself is maze-like, with Jack representing the child-devouring monster. The figure on a skiing poster in the hotel resembles a Minotaur, as does another poster of a cowboy riding its bull. There are also repeated shots of Jack Torrance looking taurine, his forehead jutting and eyes rolling wildly, like a bull about to charge.

What is the point of this video?
The movie makes no sense spatially because thats how movies are shot, set to set. Mindblowing, huh
Apparently, when Kubrick dose it, it's intentional, deep, and amazing

What's the point of your life?

Kang should be grateful to eternity for Kubrick making a phenomenon out of his shitty little flick-book.

this

itt was meant to show off visual effects. also he was on a lot of drugs. everyone was. it was the 60s. the scene with the computer was prertty chilling, though, and the part where he falls into the monolith was really scary

HEEEEEERE'S JOHN!!

It just doesn't get any better then that. No movie has had the same kind of suspense and terra

It was about my sweet angel Shelley Duvall

>it was the 60's

I watched the documentary about this on Netflix and it brought up some interesting thoughts, views and observations.

Besides, based Kubrick did whatever he wanted.

I stayed in one of the motels they used for some of the interior or exterior shots up in Colorado.

They have the movie running 24/7 on one of the channels and you can even stay in the 'infamous' room.

>the scene with the computer
>the part where he falls into the monolith
What the fuck are you talking about?

they were like the most iconic scenes? like the one when he's pulling parts out of the computer?

You're thinking of another movie mate

the faked moon landing

no we're talking about kubrick's classic here

What are you talking about? There were no computers and it was made in the 80s you stooge

are you daft? the talking AI was the most memorable part of the film

Look absolutely nothing like a minotaur or cowboy riding a bull.

I can't let you do that, Dave.