all my coworkers think this album is too weird

Ik people who think instruments are weird

youtube.com/watch?v=OoT9lCxVBQE

bravo playing this at work user

holy actual fuck

>listens to shit
lol normies, get trolled

youtube.com/watch?v=BOXc0WkeHbg

when normies start to roast me about my music taste I'll go quiet and then start to mumble "The aching and the breaking are the making of a soul" repeatedly until they leave me alone

good post

BROTHER SIS

I HAVEN'T GOT A SECRET
SECRETS ARE IN MY SECRET BOX DOWN MY AVENUE

Johnny Rebel - Nigger-Hatin' Me

I played John Coltrane's Consequences on my radio show last night and the people studying outside the booth turned off the speaker.

So, John Coltrane's Consequences, I guess.

topkek

youtube.com/watch?v=0xQWkUmFrLk

why are they seig heiling?

yes and no
in bloom already summed that situation up

Incesticide is honestly my favourite album of theirs. Very anti-normie as well. Mr. Bungle is also anti-normie and chaotic as fuck.

youtu.be/atN7AfYguiY

This.
And it's so good, it's sad that not many people actually like it and don't just listen it because "dude LSD lmao"

NO SHE DONT GOT THE TIME TIME

Is it bad that I unironically enjoy this?

This is beautiful and twisted

youtube.com/watch?v=KA3bX5fMC5s

ITT: NWW list and Scarufficore only 15 years old and under would find weird

my sister listens to this.
She's a sophomore in high school.
Incorrect answer.

QUESTION NEVER KNOWN

You clearly haven't been here very long

Nothing alienates me musically from other people faster than being a fan of ambient music. Of course the genre isnt offensive enough for someone to hate, but I have an easier time finding people irl who like the weirdest most experimental shit than people who actively like ambient. When I mention im into it, even to someone who is musically adventurous, theyre always like "oh..well thats nice".

This is why it's the anti-normie.

came here to post this

Literally just listened to this in full today for the first time. I had heard one or two tracks and really liked Everybody Dies In Their Nightmares but..

Damn, I can see what the hype is about now. IDK if it's a perfect album but it kind of blows my mind how listenable and catchy this album is. When I first heard XXX I was convinced he was just a lot of screaming and being experimental for the sake of it.

That the songs weren't worth my time because they just didn't seem to have a rhythm or beat, something I could bob my head to or jam out on. I can't speak for the other albums but I'll be revisiting this a lot.

It's lean, mean, chaotic yet musical, frantic, manic, and totally unique.

I think the amount of different ideas, song styles and beats on here could have resulted in a disjointed and crappy album, but it all flows seamlessly. That shows the talent of the one dude, taking chaos and wrangling it into something listenable, but still totally alienating to plebs.

i think you misread the title of the thread

go away X

i hear this on the radio in shops sometimes.

not saying it isn't his best record or even bad.

just incorrect.

WTF is it summer again

This is alt normie canon

And almost every other AE album

youtu.be/g6V33cSnFrM

Why has there been a huge uptick in Residents posing recently?

Their earlier work is in the GTA IV soundtrack
but then again Tangerine Dream features prominently in GTA V

even Sup Forums may have problem with 1st track

I approve

You just have to take power electronics with bands like Genocide Organ if you want a normie filter

I did listen to this in front of top 40 idiots and they go, "OMG what is this ?!?!? TURN IT OFF !!"

Which surprised me, but apparently its too arty for some people.

explain

There is nothing interesting or different about him. He uses the same shock value tactics as all other hip-hop moguls have done before him. "B-but he's emo, like no other rappers do this OMG, Elliot Smith with trap beats OMG, I'm a faggot, OMG", first off all Elliot Smith didn't beat up his fucking girlfriend. Elliot Smith wasn't a homophobic cunt. Elliot Smith didn't write shitty lyrics. But yeah X is trash.

They're on tour so maybe more people are noticing them.

also to add to this, most hip-hop is emo, considering hip-hop was used to express institutionalize racism, gang violence, living in ghettos, etc. I acknowledge some rappers celebrate this rather than sulk in it, but still.

what happened to this band is a travesty imo

So Ween's Mourning Glory spawned a whole genre?

I've had the same experience.

That's their album for normies.

SHOOT EVERY
FUCKING
PIG

>this is so trippy lol wtf is this
It's not even that weird.

I really wish he made more stuff like the first track

>inb4 "wtf I love X now"

Anything Hatanarash

haha, i fucking love sister ray. I make sure never to play it around my friends. Anytime i play something a little bit "out there" they just slam me and roast me for being "too indie" and hipster and "you dont get it, man"

people were playing this at a party i went to this weekend. i bonded with them over tame impala and tip of the iceberg indie. it was a good time. but it's pretty normie

next time you see your friends make them listen to the entire 17 minute noise rock epic about suckin on my ding dong

This was played constantly on every normie station in Australia and New Zealand