Suicide discussion thread

Suicide discussion thread

don't do it please, i'll be your friend just don't hurt yourself m8

idk its like I want to be dead

but my lizard brain is like fuck that

have a snek

good lad you listen to that lizard brain it's got your best interests in mind.

Worried my love ones wouldn't feel the same as i did if i took my own life. never had anyone immediately close do it, but a friend of my moms did. i think it just depends on your stance on life. why try do something you arent invested in? dont know if its the right choice so im asking you plebs

How do i do it in the most efficient way??

Not really about having friends man, i got those. i dont really have a reason to live though? like we are all going to die soon anyways. even if i made a contribution to society im still not affecting anything. the universe doesnt really mean shit from what iv read about it scientifically

I was just looking it up actually XD im Canadian but it looks like shotgun it definitely the way to go. just dont choke

I'm gonna be doing it in a few weeks wanna do a few things before I do. Still trying to write a note too but whatever I write doesn't seem right thinking about making a small video instead.

I hate americans, us europeans have to deal with OD, hanging yourself, jumping in front of trains and other things that will most likely fail.

Oh well I hope dehydrating yourself for at least one week or more can at least weaken the body enough to increase the odds of the rest succeeding.

Why the hell do everyone think that it's about having friends, someone your care about, hurting or thigns like that

Word, i was thinking about including a couple pages of memo just on my thoughts on life and why i decided to make the choice. cause if your loved ones dont chare the same mindset is may seem offputting that you want to distance yourself so much from them

I thought about doing that back then, after a little time at the hospital it just convinced me to NEVER do this again because then you have no way of lying out of it if it fails, if I had and wasn't a good liar I'd probably still be here now as a vegetable under medication, fuck.

Don't do it.

I say this to you as someone who has attempted to take his own life many, many times.

Yes, you feel like shit right now. I acknowledge that. Your feelings are real, and valid. But killing yourself is not the answer. You don't know what life has in store for you yet, and not all of it is bad, I promise.

Yes, we are all going to die. That's inevitable. But live in between. Do crazy wild shit you never dreamed of doing. There's plenty of time for you to be dead later.

That's assuming everyone has an interest in said "crazy things". With all due respect, everyone isn't like you. Then again there are people who REALLY want to die period and people that want to die because they have been dumped and that's it, so I guess your message does have a point, but it hardly applies to everyone.

Suicide doesn't end the pain, it just passes it on to the next person.
That may be a family member, a friend or maybe just the cashier in the store you often talk to.
It's no solution.
It just takes away the chance for things to get better.

(not op)
my problem with this way of thinking is that it doesnt matter what i have done or what i havent done when im dead. its absolutely irrelevant and i wont be able to give a shit anymore anyways.
also life is horrible and nothing can outweigh that or make this whole shit show worth it tbh

Take it or leave it, not my business.

this.

If i gotta go i'm definitely taking some asshole with me. might as well do some house keeping before you go.

looks like its 50/50. the people on my side of the fence seem to be in agreement though. its not about getting better. i'm not particularly sad right now i just know that in the scale of "getting better" anything i do is irrelevant. and not in the way the other guy pointed out. yes im dead so i cant be sad but i dont believe theres meaning in being alive and sad. aside from my own happiness nothing will come out of my existence. i dont see meaning in the existance of life or the universe itself?

I've often wondered about suicidal people. There are definitely different kinds; it's a mistake to lump it all into just 'suicidal' I think. When I was in the service, I was put on suicide watch twice, where someone hears rumors about you being depressed, so they drag you out of bed in the middle of the night and put you under armed guard until you recite some rubbish about not being a danger to yourself.

That said, I wonder how many of us secretly want to hand a knife to a suicidal person and lean back and watch them make excuses for why they talk so much shit about killing themselves but would never do it.

I want to go.

But I want to go comfortably, without pain.

My life has fallen to pieces recently and the years that preceded it weren't peachy either.

I am worried about the effect it will have on my mother and sister as we all share some pretty severe depression and I wouldn't want to be responsible for any needless suffering.

It is getting hard to ignore how much I have given up.

Also found out I am pretty sick recently and don't see my life getting much better.

I will probably just wait for it to happen naturally through sickness.

cause you need to hand them a gun like the that dad did for his kid

That's basically nihilism, some people would say that as a result you have to choose the meanign of existence yourself since there isn't one, others will say that it's bullshit, your call.

Agreed, suicide doesn't help, but every once in awhile someone earns it. My father earned it and I will never hold it against him for it. Nothing but respect for that guy.

I agree that there are different type of suicidal people.

I think that there are people who will and do, do anything to kill themselves, and those that want to die/just not exist but can't overcome or aren't crazy/distressed enough to override natural instinct to avoid pain and death.

Handing them a knife would almost always result in that, this much is obvious. Between the pain and the fairly high chance of the person surviving one way or another, any suicidal person with a working brain wouldn't do it. Now; make that euthanasia and it's a better question

Life can be improved to be wonderful

My kids have figured out the 'suicide button' I call it, where you're mad about something and threaten suicide until you get your way. What do?

Well, I have to admit I don't feel these things like that, so my argumentation may not be very logic to you...
What's bad about just being happy and not changing the way the universe will develop?
I for example really enjoy riding the motorcycle. Which is completely senseless when you think about it. I spend much money on the fuel and drive around for two or more hours, just to end where I started. But still it makes me happy, although I did nothing that actually lasts.
As I said, sorry that I cannot really follow your argumentation. I get what you are saying, but what's wrong about just living your life and having a great time?

dont blame science for your misery. humans need to fintd their own reason to live as far as i know.

Me too

That's the very point. Happiness is nice and all, but somehow according to armchair psychologists (and psychologists, period) it's supposed to be THE thing everyone strives for, when it just isn't. It's not a matter of "right" or "wrong" objectively, although pro-suicide will always make it look like living this way is dumb and the other ones will always make it look like not having happiness as your goal (or any goal, for that matter) is stupid.

Forcing yourself to like something just to be "alive" because somehow being alive is inherently a good thing is just as stupid as dying, in the end it's a matter of core values about life itself (although a lot of suicidal people will value other people's lives greatly, just not the very idea of any life by itself)

Nothing, i have no problem with other people doing that. im sitting here talking to you with no issues in my life that cant be overcome. things are pretty good. it feels like i used to feel the way you do but at some point it began feeling like im just killing time, and that feeling got bigger over time. from riding a bike to the days and months and years of my life

>Forcing yourself to like something just to be "alive" because somehow being alive is inherently a good thing is just as stupid as dying, in the end it's a matter of core values about life itself (although a lot of suicidal people will value other people's lives greatly, just not the very idea of any life by itself)

this puts it very well. I am sure I don't want to live my life.

idk why I can't just take that last step

Either hope, fear of the consequences or fears that il will fail. It's usually one of these.
For people who thought and are serious about it at least, if we're talking about wannabe-suicidal peopl teens on fb it's a whole other story.

I think about killing myself pretty often, I am a degenerate and closeted tranny. I don't feel like I have much to live for.

I dunno if its suicide or what you would classify this as, but I plan on walking in front of a fast moving car (35-45mph). No matter what. I want this.

my dad used to use "the suicide button" as you call it, when I was abou 4. Hed yell smth and leave me alone to fear for his life.

Maybe you can suck me off before you die then I can pass you zip ties to lock your neck to train track

At my job I work with this 24 yr old kid who only talks about 3 things:
>his dogs
>lifting
>times he's tried to kill himself/not wanting to be a live

He is one of the biggest faggots I have ever met in my entire 26 years. Everyone hates him.

do it.

nice trips.

please go for a train, not a car.

Anyone here has tips about hanging yourself without it failing miserably? Other than the obvious having a good enough rope.

the height should be a one way.
also, you should try to kill yourself by train, so to avoid the possibility of surviving or regretting it if you survive somehow.

Already tryied, but it is an incredibly annoying thing to do where I live, even if I move a little before doing it, I ended up at a psych ward the last time, not a pleasant experience at all, but I'll think about it. But thanks.