Why is lo fi hip hop currently a meme? why now? nujabes and dilla have been dead for years

why is lo fi hip hop currently a meme? why now? nujabes and dilla have been dead for years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpfJLhopnnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C-iu8o5EObg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's chill, bruh. I play countless hours of internet chess a day and it is what I listen to while playing.

dude it's sooo chill to listen to when studying at havard, so chill, like mac demarco, chiiiiilll

What the fuck does lo fi even mean in this context

chill vibes yo

I think the correct name for the genre is Chillstep

Instrumental hip-hop type stuff has been the easy-listening background muzak of choice for potsmokers since the 90's.

low quality drums and more treble than bass in samples

Lofi music stems from cassette culture, not from Ableton. Normies ruin everything

do you know what lo fi means

It isn't, really. It's kind of one of those areas that people with lesser taste make little youtube mixes of or whatever. Like dubious barely-genres like "synthwave" or "retrowave". It's just distractions for people who don't really know music but think theyr'e engaging with music.

lo-fi means lack of overall fidelity or static distortion

One of the reasons I hate the average lame potsmoker. (Not hate them personally but that's a world I have no interest in).

do you even know what they're talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=kpfJLhopnnQ

Its part of that ASMR crowd of autists who only listen to ambient electronic music.

yeah i never got why they call it lo fi when the noise is added over perfectly clear samples

lo-fi hip hop is not a real genre the meme is just chillstep with jazz samples

idk but i care more about it's fanbase than the music
also im very new to music and didn't know this style existed since the 90s
also chill xD

>it means you slap on vinyl distortion and call it a day

eating asmr is great, pleb

this
youtube.com/watch?v=C-iu8o5EObg

I like the 'easy listening' comparison. I think of these kind of lesser, lamer youtube-mix pseudo-genres that are like a normal suburban kid's clueless take on some cooler genre as basically like a wallpaper-y background music for regular people and professionals and stuff.

Examples:

'Chillstep'
'Synthwave'
'Retrowave'
'Lo-fi hip-hop' (current incarnation)

It's like people out in the more normal regions of society have picked up on certain cool aesthetic shifts (synthesizers, weird vibes, etc) over the last however-many years and designed these watered-down sonic equivalents of instagram-filter pictures to decorously rebrand their photogenic social-mediated lifestyle.

i did this exact thing 6 months ago when I was really depressed at college before I dropped out

All those being normal peoples' music especially made for home-listening, I meant to say.

For their social outings, see that generic 'festival music' sound that all the big brand festivals feature now. That really digital, watered-down, kind of funky, kind of yacht-y, post-edm chill indie-dance stuff.

Asuka

What about me?! Hmph!

That's literally what happens to almost all innovative aesthetics, it trickles down and gets watered down to the lowest common denominator..
It happened to Punk, Metal, Funk, Techno, and it's gonna continue happen.

real lofi rap is cool

this isn't

How do I get good at chess?
I don't even know basic openings

i loooove her boyish face

this guy listens to real hip hop

Real lofi is shit like Tommy Wright, DJ Screw

read a book about it

Do you have any recs

yeah exactly, memphis massacre is a good example

not him but I just played a bunch of online chess and watched youtube videos though the watching videos part gets kind of dull

there's no easy way bro just practice and get taught through youtube. maybe if yourereally serious about it the easier/faster track would be actually taking lessons

ughhh

Yeah, absolutely. I've long ago taken on a view that that is just how it works, like it's a fundamental, physical property of the lifespan of such things, and that the 'life' or vitality of a lot of continually emergent artists is beyond the simple forms that people keep trying to name. Partly for this reason I am pretty dismissive of attempts to name certain microgenres out of things still taking place because it immediately turns that false image into a kind of alternate reality 'fake' genre off to the side that all these less cool people jump onto which starts it down that path towards normalization. Whereas the real innovators and operators kind of continually shed that skin or evolve into a new stage by kind of sacrificially discarding the previous form. Like people sometimes complained when The Beatles continually changed and matured but they were simply developing as artists tapped into history do and have to.

it means exactly what lo-fi abbreviates you pompous retard

its just lo-fidelity rap beats.

Where do you live where dudes have faces like that? I ask because I want to go there.

What is best site to play chess?

i liked chess.com

southern US

>how to spot a pleb
they think j dilla is lo fi

dummy no one is talking about real lo fi, this is meme lo fi from youtube

why is this hottie following me around Sup Forums lately?

yo, beeyatch, im shitpostin right now

>tfw I'll never poke her face

why would you? you fucking creep.

with you know what

Hands off Lucy

She's mine

>mfw she crossdresses as a guy

Denmark.

uffffff where where

Hahahaha.
It looks pudgy and smooth, it'd be cute.
I'll poke your face too bitch.

wait, real shit.