Have you ever gotten a (You) in real life because of a band t-shirt you were wearing?

Have you ever gotten a (You) in real life because of a band t-shirt you were wearing?

Tell me about it.

All the time. I pretty only wear band shirts.

>a (you) in real life
A conversation?

Lmfao

Was wearing my gf at the time's Misfits sweater, had one of my highschool teachers ask me about it, what my favourite album was
i cant even remember my answer, but i didnt listen to the Misfits so it was pretty awkward

I wear a Moonsorrow shirt in a country hick town. Got an ironworker's attention and we discussed their most recent album.

That's about it.

i always wear a geidi primes t-shirt expecting people to recognize the album cover and approach me but no luck so far

>8 years ago
>wearing a have a nice life tshirt
>walking out of a supermarket
>old man stops me and say "what a lovely shit you're wearing - have a nice day young man"
i count this

My Black Flag Nervous Breakdown t-shirt has gotten me a handful of (You)s.

One time I was wearing it and a girl said to me "Good taste," in passing. She was about 250 lbs with a Tumblr dyke haircut though so I just smiled and said thanks.

Another time a professor of mine saw it and remarked "Oh, Black Flag, I haven't heard that name in a long time," and that was it.

A third time a guy on the train approached me, pointed and the conversation went like this:
Him: "Hey, isn't that a band?"
Me: "Yeah."
Him: "Ahh, they play punk rock, right?"
Me: "Yup."
Him: "Ahh, ok."

At that point he walked away.

Never, I wear them all the time too.

I always comment whenever I see someone with a shirt of a band im into though

>wearing Megadeth t-shirt in town
>see another random dude with the same t-shirt
>start randomly hanging out and become good friends

aww man comfy metal teen years were fun. No metallers left in my town and the music scene died. I get sad thinking about it

i've never owned very many band shirts but i had (and still have, but it's kinda small on me now) a shirt with picrelated on it and i've been complimented on it a few times over the years

My Power, Corruption and Lies tee gets w2cs all the time

>"Are you a satanist?"

If by a (you) you mean someone throwing a water balloon at me from a car while I was riding my bike wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt then yes I have. Jokes on them as it was a really hot summer day and I needed to cool down.

That would be more of an @

I fucked a chubby scene chick with my faggy Joy Division shirt in High School

one time i wore a sonic youth washing machine shirt to a brand new/modest mouse concert

a couple people briefly approached me and were like "nice shirt" and i was like "thanks"

after the show someone walked by and half-yelled "SONIC YOOOOUTH" as he walked by and me, not knowing how to react to this situation, dropped my spaghetti and awkwardly said "uh t-thanks" which he almost certainly didn't hear anyway

Everytime I wear my Andrew Jackson Jihad shirt (the one with the puppy holding a knife) a bunch of “alternative”/tumblr looking girls and numales always compliment it and I usually get asked about it by people who are intrigued by the design.

Misfits/Metallica are guaranteed (you)s by edgy adults in my experience.

would this be a good guy?

I get a lot of comments on my Talking Heads shirt. My favorite was by this 40 year old black lady who looked at me and whispered under her breathe, "mmhmm talking 'eads"

yeah a nice man in target said nice shirt

it was a TVU shirt too so I felt extra good

I once said "nice shirt" to a guy wearing a TVU shirt but it was at a gym, not Target.

I was wearing a Circle Takes The Square shirt with a six pointed star on it and old manlet in a 7/11 starting talking to me about Judaism. I just went along with it.

Was at a bar wearing a Darkthrone shirt with "true norwegian black metal" on the back. A couple walked up and asked me if it was a Ghost shirt.

lmao

Converge shirts, once for a Dir En Grey shirt with the uroboros album art. I just ignore them, I really don't like making small talk with strangers.

I've had comments on my Rush t-shirts quite a few times. Always from older people.

i was wearing an unknown pleasures hoodie and some dude outside a liquor store said ''hey you like joy division? pretty cool you're into that''

punk typically gets you the most (You's). I was wearing a descendents shirt and some older guy, started talking to me about the "good old days of punk", he gave me a bunch of punk recs that were pretty good. Cool guy he was like 60.

Also some guy said he liked my PUP shirt that was it, and I get compliments on my Bad Brains shirt all the time.

I want to buy an Ok Computer or Kid A shirt just to meet a fellow Radiohead.

>be in highschool
>geography teacher fist bumps me for my RUSH shirt

>getting lunch
>wearing my denim vest with patches on it bc i wanted to be punk
>cafeteria lady says she used to go to shows all the time (i live in southern california)

how did he look? kek

wasted, he was travelling through the country from what i can recall because he had a big backpack and a tent, he was drinking cheap beer by the way

very accurate

Lots of times. Most of all my Sleep shirt.

>old stoners from the 70s

only once. Deftones shirt got a 'cool I love deftones, what your fav album?'. I was in a metal bar though. apart from that never. Do get a bunch of 'What's Ember to Inferno?' for my Trivium Hoodie

so what is your favorite Deftones album?

ive had several positive social interactions come from band shirt conversations- people rarely go out of their way to harass somone because of their shirt taste outside of Sup Forums

fuck dude I would have acknowledged. Great debut album.

I only dream of having an irl (you) moment over something super niche and nuanced (like pic related)

actually I just realised that Kurt Cobain wore this fucking shirt so never mind.

the clerk at a glass shop recognized my fatso jetson shirt once. It was life changing

not him but Saturday Night Wrist

true story.. a really old chinese guy gave me a quizical look when he rode past me on a bike

i look down & remembered i was wearing a wu-tang shirt

Had some shakabrah surfer wannabe dude say he liked my Dead Moon shirt at a house show in my little town in Michigan. never saw him before never saw him again

>>old man stops me and say "what a lovely shit you're wearing -"
>what a lovely shit you're wearing
Lmao.

that's actually a normal reaction you satanic autist

>a lovely shit

What did it smell like?

>after the show someone walked by and half-yelled "SONIC YOOOOUTH" as he walked by and me,

why would you sperg over somebody else being a fuckhead? self respect you're self my man

A gen x-er liked my Soundgarden shirt at a bar a few years ago. Talked to him for a while about them and Mike Patton

I was wearing the same shirt the day after Cornell died and some rocker at the supermarket yelled SOUNDGARDEN and threw the horns at me

A couple of weeks ago I was in the crowd waiting to leave a Dillinger Escape Plan show and some dude saw my Type O Negative shirt and said "Cool shirt man. Haven't seen one of those in a long time"

cute

good taste

nah maybe i worded that wrong, he wasn't being a fuckhead at all, it was chill. i just didn't know how to react cause i wasn't expecting it

Tangentially.

I never know how to react so I just go "ayyyy thanks man"

pic related is the latest (You)

>be me
>wearing my alcest t shirt
>walking to a grocery store after work
>tired, need some energy dranks
>walk up to the counter
>Good band, user
>I say "Thanks"

;_; i thought he said nice t shirt first