The Great Debate

Over the last 5 seasons:

Champions League total goals:
CR7: 65
Messi: 43

Champions League knockout stage goals:
CR7: 32
Messi: 11

CR7 has scored 8 goals in this year's knockout stage, as many as Messi did in the last 4 years' knockouts.

It appears CR7 is the better player on the big stage (CL), especially on the big stage of the big stage (CL knockouts). Plus he's won an Euro. Is he the GOAT Sup Forums?

DELETE THIS FUCK U

DELET BEFOR I DELET U

>goals are the only thing that matters

>Champions League knockout stage goals:
>CR7: 32
>Messi: 11

wow that can't be right?

yeah it is

really makes ya think

>Ronaldo CL assists: 31
>Messi CL assists: 24
how does that make you feel?

>muh goals

I guess Bierhoff was a better player than Beckenbauer

>last 5 seasons
>leaving out 3 of messi's cls to make penaldo look good
ayy

in how many games?

ETERNAL BTFO

rly boils ur spaghetti

Ronaldo is better, Messi has a prettier football

>Ronaldo did not score until his 30th game in the CL
>still top scorer all time
wew lads

>counting ancient CLs

burger tier stats worship

>Aspas scored 18 goals this season
>Aspas is better than Griezmann and Neymar

lel

>if you didn't score, you didn't do anything

I'm sure you'd be just fine with it if this logic was applied to Ronaldo

It's right, Ronaldo had the opportunity to play KO games against teams such as Apoel, Schalke (multiple times) and Galatasaray.

Nigga this ain't baskeball, you don't discuss a player quality by goals scored or assists, numbers aren't that objective: it isn't the same scoring 2 goals in a 2-1 game that scoring 3 in a 7-0 win

If you only want to talk about numbers then there is nothing to debate, just check the numbers and delete the thread

so messi is a defender now?

Messi gets to play Arsenal every year though

BTFO

>everyone talks about champions league stats
>Donovan Sheamus Finley brings up leliga stats

>damage control

No, but he played this season as a midfielder and has 2 teammates (Neymar and Suárez) who score lot of goals

Messi doesn't play just to get his numbers higher, when they are winning by +2 he doesn't take the penalties and let their teammates score. Ronaldo would NEVER do that

>Messi doesn't play just to get his numbers higher
>2016-2017
>Messi penalties: 12
>Ronaldo penalties: 10
lel

How many Barcelona penalties with Messi in field? How many Real Madrid penalties with Ronaldo in field?

12 and 10 nigger cant you read?
Ronaldo missed 2 and Messi missed 4 (kek)
arent you tired of getting BTFO in every stat possible?

And know you are a gypsy and probably slow, but that's now what I asked

How many penalties did Barcelona get and they weren't taked by Messi while he was playing? Because all the penalties Real Madrid got were taken by Ronaldo. You are now just blaming Ronaldo not getting penalties for Messi's goals

is we're judging on goals then isnt PELE the goat?

checkmate

It would be either Pelé or Romario.

Why are you only showing the last 5 seasons.... Biased Penaldo Fags everywere in this thread, giving me cancer. Let me shine some light for you Messi has a better goal per game ratio then penaldo if were talking Champions League and in the future will surpass his recored since he has played less games then the great TAP IN BOI. PENALDO FANS BTFO HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THIS LOLOLOLOLOL.

>2 and a half years older
>only 6 goals more
kek

Because the Romanian autist is a gimmick poster

the worst kind of poster on this board, desu

remember when people gave excuses for ronaldo and called him a left midfielder (LOL)

even in his man utd days he was always the most forward player in the team.

remember the away game against barcelona in 2008? who do you think was the furthest up on the pitch? rooney?

messi, on the other hand, has been dropping further and further back into the midfield as xavi is gone and iniesta gets older and poorer
especially in big games, where he cant afford to not play as a midfielder
that easily explains his lack of goals

>How many penalties did Barcelona get and they weren't taked by Messi while he was playing?
idk look for yourself, I cant seem to find this madeup stat you keep talking about. the fact is: you're wrong. he obviously wanted to statpad more than Ronaldo. you know, because 12 penalties taken > 10.

>goal per game ratio
lmao
like I said, made up stats, the one out of many where Messi is on top.

nice """debate""" guys, looking forward to [weak foot from outside the box goals after 10:30pm] stats so I can sleep better at night.

jk not really, I'm not a messhitfag grasping at straws spamming Sup Forums trying to hide my autistic insecurity about the upcoming balloon door and CL final.

>m-muh entire career goal per game
Should we count messis youth goals as well

>because 12 penalties taken > 10.
That just proves Barcelona are more offensive and they get more penalties than a counter attack team like Real Madrid

If you want to prove Messi wants to statpad mroe than Ronaldo tell me how many penalties did Real Madrid get with Ronaldo in field and weren't kicked by him, because I saw that a lot this season and other seasons with Barcelona, Messi lets Neymar, Suárez and even Mascherano take them when the games are up for more than 2 goals, while Ronaldo gets mad because his teammate scores instead of him a tap in when the game is already 3-0 and +80 mins in

>le offside goal man

>he played this season as a midfielder
>Messi doesn't play just to get his numbers higher
>he doesn't take the penalties and let their teammates score
>"no you're wrong, Messi tried to statpad 12 times"
>That just proves Barcelona are more offensive and they get more penalties than a counter attack team like Real Madrid

weak bait 2/10 made me reply

ronaldo is leagues ahead of messi. when barca plays shit then so does messi. real madrid regularly play like garbage but ronaldo pulls them through. i'd take ronaldo over messi 10/10 if i had to build a dream team.

Lets say Barcelona get 40 penalties and Messi scores 12 of them and Real Madrid get 10 and Ronaldo scores 10

Who's the one statpadding? Also, you can't tell who's the one statpadding just by checking the penalties scored, it isn't the same a penalty in the second half when you aren't winning than taking it when you are winning by 3. The first situation would need the best player in the team to get it, the second would not. Messi doesn't take them in the second situation, Ronaldo takes them in both

name 3 occassions where such a thing happened

>Also, you can't tell who's the one statpadding just by checking the penalties scored

you're the one who brought up that whole "Messi doesnt statpad from penalties and lets others score". and you're just contradicting yourself, Messi should have just let Suarez have a go according to you, but he didnt.

also many times Ronaldo was resting charging his powerlevel for big CL games while Messi was scoring hattricks vs Sociedad and Osasuna. thats the ultimate undeniable bitchstatpad move just to win a 2017 golden shoe for the sponsors. these last couple of years Ronaldo realized important team trophies come 1st while shoes and balloons come 2nd.

The fuck are u talking about are you "GRASPING AT STAWS" were talking about the Champions League Penaldo cock sucker, not only showing a small portion of there Champions League goals to spin a false narative that my boi Tap In God scores more goals then Messi pre game for the big stages. BTFO agian.

>, Messi should have just let Suarez have a go according to you, but he didnt.
Yes, he did...

He let Suárez, Neymar and Mascherano take penalties this season

2017 bayern first leg
2017 bayern second leg
2017 atletico first leg

KEKS ON YOU!

Mmm, Real Madrid didn't play like shit

Ronaldo was great there, but the team wasn't bad

only stat padders score goals 2bh

all the best goalscorers pass it backwards

and still he somehow statpadded more than Ronaldo

You can't score penalties your team doesn't get, that's the only reason for Ronaldo scoring so few this season

Stop being retarded

He's a RomanianRAT just ignore this penaldo cuck

Who said he isn't? Spee? HAHAHAHA

Messi gets to play PSG every year m8

That's the ultimate proof numbers won't tell you shit. Or do you really believe Ronaldo has 1/10 of Messi playmaking skills?

In 30 years people will show to the young Messi playing while when it's about Ronaldo they'll have to show numbers.

Could probably just show his important goals that he always scores

Then you can show Messi standing looking away from his team mates while wearing the captains armband during the World Cup final extra time ignoring everybody while Mascherano rallies the troops

Good try, but you gonna have to put a lot of efort to make your kids believe that.

i-is it too late for
>OP
?

I'll just show them the photo lad

>Suarez dives and gets a gorrilion benulties
>Messi: "brb statpad lol"
>mentally ill Argie nigger: "thats not statpadding thats having a good offense"
okay.

BTFO
T
F
O

Is that his son on the right? Why is he wearing a different uniform? Is it a father vs. son scrimmage or something?

B T F O
T F O B
F O B T
O B T F

Tbh athletico was so bad that first leg it would have been hard not to play well against them

and tonight your missi took 2 more penalties
>not statpadding I swear
lmfao

Guaranteed replies

Pathetic troll

Cause the moron is only analyzing stats from the past 5 years