You know what I'm gonna just say it and I don't fucking care what anyone has to say

You know what I'm gonna just say it and I don't fucking care what anyone has to say

This is the last truly great Metallica album. It's a raw stripped down expression of human emotion and that's rage. The Rage James felt gettng sober, the rage Kirk felt feeling stagnated as musician and feeling his band was falling apart, rage Lars felt when his life he grown accostomed to was threatened by napster. Sure it's easy to say their reasons were that of a spoiled rockstar, but the anger was still there and the music absolutley captures it. The disstorted rough edged guitar work with those genuis stripped down primal sounding drumbeats. Sure Kirks lack of solos was an upset but again he felt he was staginent at the time and the solos pigeon holed him to an expected formula.

Death Magnetic and Hardwired marked an end of evolution and experimentation for Metallica as they morphed into Iron Maiden and Slayer of just trying to rip of their past successes and release the same album over and over to give the fans that old tried and true formula our nostalgic blinded asses want too much nowadays

10/10 FUCK YOU muh childhood fucks ruining the music and entertainment industry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_3ieuItPC0
youtu.be/lU-UI3_6HcM
coinspinner.me/c/R4TW3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree. It's underrated as fuck. It's not 80s Metallica but it's pretty fucking good and it came out during an era where pussy rock had completely taken over the radio (The "the" bands and other hipster bullshit were all the rage).

This is the last truly great Metallica album. It's a raw stripped down expression of human emotion and that's rage. The Rage James felt gettng sober, the rage Kirk felt feeling stagnated as musician and feeling his band was falling apart, rage Lars felt when his life he grown accostomed to was threatened by napster. Sure it's easy to say their reasons were that of a spoiled rockstar, but the anger was still there and the music absolutley captures it. The disstorted rough edged guitar work with those genuis stripped down primal sounding drumbeats. Sure Kirks lack of solos was an upset but again he felt he was staginent at the time and the solos pigeon holed him to an expected formula.

Death Magnetic and Hardwired marked an end of evolution and experimentation for Metallica as they morphed into Iron Maiden and Slayer of just trying to rip of their past successes and release the same album over and over to give the fans that old tried and true formula our nostalgic blinded asses want too much nowadays

10/10 FUCK YOU muh childhood fucks ruining the music and entertainment industry

This guy fucking gets it

While it shows true rage and all that, it really feels like an uninspired album. There are songs like Invisible Kid or Dirty Window. Also the songs are way too long and they tell too little for the runtime. A perfect example is Some Kind Of Monster, a song with an awesome riff, angry, full of power, played for an extended time of 8 minutes and a half. At least if they're long songs, they should've have more variety in them cause after 3 minutes, the same riff gets boring as fuck.

Also I'm not really a fun of the "garage band" sound they went for. I expected from a band like Metallica, a professional band with multi-platinum records to deliver a more better sounding record. I like the rawness, but the voice cracks in Hetfields voice just scream amateur hour. The snare also sounds like a garbage can.

I like the album but it is by far the worst Metallica ever released, not because of the rawness, but because of the laziness and lack of direction.

This is great

>Bob Rock on bass

sure kid

Bob Rock brought us the Black Album uncultured swine

I loved this album personally

also a gay album

Metallica fucking sucks.

Put out the same album 3 times.

Ride, Master and Justice. Literally the same album. First song is the fast one, 2nd is the title track, fourth one is the slow one... Then there's an instrumental one...

Anyways, you're gay

Its alright. Its not classic Metallica, its not my favorite, but its not god awful like people make it out to be. Still, the snare sounds like an over turned trash can.

youtu.be/lU-UI3_6HcM

yfw plays album better than Metallica

I at least appreciate where it came from after watching Some Kind of Monster, but it not a good album.

>primal sounding drumbeats
>primal
Aluminum folding chairs came out in 1947

there is literally nothing wrong with st anger. reload fucking sucks ass except like 3 songs

nice trips. the snare drum on that album is laughable though its so bad

Wrong

That album never happened

Download Free Bitcoin Spinner. Earn Bitcoin for FREE! coinspinner.me/c/R4TW3Y

^This. Great documentary and definitely explains how this album came out the way it did.