Ariel Pink or Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti?

Ariel Pink or Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcS0oJwlz_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UqVwsbzWpdo
youtube.com/watch?v=NnvMSGaj1YE
youtube.com/watch?v=diMmEo3AtlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0LFVQpDKHk4
youtube.com/watch?v=OsIVsq2uln8
youtube.com/watch?v=9k2D18nHlKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

haunted graffiti, duh

loom loom was good
I don't like his other work.

Haunted graffiti, but the solo stuff is still incredible

maximum jokes friend

it's all great; defend ariel at all costs

ariel stink

go away grimesfag

ariel pink sock

this

also bump because I wanted to make an Ariel thread but Ausfag limitations.

Anyone get the weird best friend vibe from him? I've been growing obsessed with him lately, especially after his new album release.

Thoughts on it??

>2017
>still thinking Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti was a band

He has always been a solist, he just changed the name of the project because people thought Haunted Graffiti was a band. He's the entity, the band it's just a backing band for the shows, he said it in a recent interview.

except he had a larger presence of his band in music videos during this time so one could easily confuse the 'Haunted Graffiti' to be his backing band.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcS0oJwlz_Q

youtube.com/watch?v=UqVwsbzWpdo

dreamt about Ariel Pink last night. It was nice. It was one of those 'I never want to wake up' dreams.

>loom loom
you mean pom pom you fucking retard?

wow, look at this nufag

you're entitled to your opinion but honestly your opinion feels a little uneducated.

Have you REALLY listened to him??

Bobby Jameson might be my aoty tbqhwyf

to be quite honest with you fuck????

Also it is my personal AOTY.

bump i need a union of fellow Ariel Pink fans so I don't feel so fucking alone.

ausfag, spoken/smoked with the band past three times out the front of the venue. Ariel was stand off is at first but came around once bass player and i got in some good convos. What you want to talk about? Song style in albums that feels like it should be on another album gets me. Love that shit.

Standoffish in what way??
Also holy shit I'd kill for that kind of interaction.

>what do you want to talk about?
I don't even know, Ariel's seriously an enigma or something. I still can't believe he's almost 40.
I think it really struck me just how good his stuff is but I'm really only just getting further down the tip of the iceberg.

How long have you known him/his stuff? What's your personal favourite of his albums? Do you own a collection or just download?

(continue)
Mates mum came to the gig with us for she dug before today album which we had on repeat at the time, she is a big lady that looks like mama cass in her prime but a slightly more attractive version. Ariel found great comfort in her presence so he just chilled with her smoking and chatting away. Didn't bother talking to that panda bear leech. Geneva Jacuzzi was the fucking highlight at the gig. Ariel and her were going through some kinda separation at the time and you could feel it. Her out fit for the night was the most attractive thing i have ever seen on stage. She just sung along to music played off her ipod which she controlled on stage.

dabble in both fields. 3 or 4 albums on vinyl and the rest of the discog just dl for free. He is the greatest artist i've gotten into that for sure. Just keeps on delivering the goods on everything he touches. Was let down with Dam Funk feature though this album around. but everything else is gold. He must have left them demon semen in this bitch coz she has just become a female version of the man himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=NnvMSGaj1YE

I've always contended that Foily Foibles marks the libertaion of the musical detial from within the standardized frameork of pop music... The small section proceding the chorous is much more like a compacted execercise in free modal (in this case pentatonic) counterpoint than it is pop-melody-over-chords... And most importantly... Following what I belive is the paramount task of pop music... Its fucking catchy...

Oath that shit is catchy. He's writing style is just what fits though. If you jam with mates you would know he doesn't give a fuck about the structure too much. Mash ideas together and find away to make them fit and get it down on tape quick as possible while theres still magic around it.
kirin j callinan hangs with him when they are in town together. Still dont know about this kid Kirkis though. Wether or not he just grew up with a love for ariels work or is doing his own genuine dark wave shit. He is worth checking out but. haven't seen him mentioned around here yet.

It's loom loom, dumbass
Why the fuck would anyone name their album pom pom ?

Soko is cool, I have a lot in common with her, namely
>French
>Love the Cure
>Dress identically
but I'm not a great deal into her music. It sounds too 'safe' and 'pretty', I guess?
I flipped out when I saw they collabed but I'm kinda not big on her song.

Negativ Ed definitely features her, though I couldn't find her credits anywhere in the Pom Pom inlay???

>Demon Semen
I'm assuming you mean they had a sexual relation. She's lesbian but I wouldn't doubt her being bi-sexual. I'd turn straight for Ariel Pink, if I were gay.
His music is truly incredible. Never heard anything like it, never felt the same things listening to it as anything else before...
I've been thinking of dedicating a fanzine to him, just a self-indulgent project to do something productive with all this obsession and admiration and adoration I've been harbouring for him.

it is fucking good, and the music video is fucking good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=diMmEo3AtlQ

also where do you see him live? Canada I'm assuming??

Nar in sydney. This time round he is playing on a monday night though. Work night + 6 hr train trip there and back just to hear his new album... weighing it up atm

also fuck the fanzine idea. just scribble on an a4 piece of paper and send it to him via post.

Wait what he's in Australia now???? Are YOU an Ausfag???? I live a three hour trip away from Sydney too.... Omfg?????

God I wouldn't send it to him with the embarrassing shit I'd be writing in it. I'd like to send him something but I have this dread that he'd toss it, never reply or acknowledge it or anything. I dunno.

FUCK I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO BE IN COUNTRY WHEN HE PERFORMS......
Jesus fucking christ.

ARIEL STINKS

You're trying to hard. Yes, it's clever. It's not that great of a deviation from pop though. I can think of a few Prince songs with very similar structures and tricks, and like Prince Ariel definitely has a natural grasp of language of pop.

suck shit. Ill go check him out for the umpteenth time and let you know how it goes than

:(
is it likely he'll come back next year???

Worth seeing him live?
Only recently gotten into him through pom poms.
Is the crowd going to be full of drug addicts/chads? I'm pretty scared of live shows.

FF>> is such a magnificent album. Every track bangs.

the version of beverly kills on scared famous is prob my favorite track of his though

also are you a newy rat or the other direction on the rails??

>drug addicts & chads
sounds better than a Mac DeMarco crowd, honestly

Is Sup Forums really a bunch of shut ins? Yeah, just go see him. You don't have to talk to anybody. Nobody's probably going to harass you. Take a friend. It's just going to be a bunch of people standing around. Maybe a few people will be moving closer up. In between sets you walk around/go outside and mingle, or stare at your phone.

Is this some new meme I'm not in on? pom pom, really?

I haven't had any friends in 6 years

aced it. Sup Forums must be fucking full of them ay! They do know what they are talking about 22% of the time though.

only when he drops another album. Seems to be his routine. Why you jumping ship?? Just chill till he plays his goods then go travel

Can't tell if this typical Sup Forums self deprecation humor or what but you can definitely meet people at shows. You don't even have to think about what to talk about because simply being there provides you with a subject.

man the fuck up and go watch something special than. No one will even look twice at you like old mate said

...Is it really that abnormal?
And I just want to go in and see him live.
I'm just scared of people that's all
Ok I think I will.
I'm not a man though so please don't tell me to man up.

going to shows alone is not that bad, i do it from time to time

youtube.com/watch?v=0LFVQpDKHk4

I can't it's a family trip and it's been booked. Also just told my friend about it and she's going, despite me not being able to join... I feel major betrayal tonight.

youtube.com/watch?v=OsIVsq2uln8

Just go. You don't have to talk to anybody. Nobody will think you're strange. People do it all the time.

Fucking feels man lmao

Also dunno if you're but do you reckon we could exchange contact details like FB or skype or some shit so you can keep me updated on the concert??? Maybe you could get me involved in one of those post-concert smokos you seem to so easily get involved in?

Yer same person, Would love too but im not posting detail on this board. You the bird going on the family holiday or some other cat?

that's me, also probably the only other person posting consistently on this thread.

Yeah I get it, but not even some form of social media like instagram or something??

Never signed up on that train ay. fb to keep intouch while traveling is as far as i go.

r.i.p.

well not like ausfags can create threads on here anyway, I gotta get some sleep, but I hope you enjoy the concert!!! And get to have a cigarette with Ariel! I'll be crying in Europe.

Im off too. Make a throw away email and if i remember ill get a happy snap for ya and send it your way. Enjoy some cooler weather. and remember. youtube.com/watch?v=9k2D18nHlKY

[email protected]

is my throwaway email.

bless you.

peace

>being this new

i saw ariel pink this last sunday at the el club in detroit and it was an incredible show. ariel killed it and i can't wait to see him perform again. he even interacted with his fans at the merch table after the show. bless this man.