Who is the most underrated musical genius of all time and why is it Billy Corgan?

Who is the most underrated musical genius of all time and why is it Billy Corgan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he's a cunt

*overrated

explain

*and why isn't it Billy Corgan?

Didn't innovate anything, give me a non-meme reason why he's 'underrated'. Smashing Pumpkins are good but they're not 'underrated'. Slightly more adventurous than middle-of-the-road stuff while being one of the most popular bands of the 90s isn't allowed to be called underrated

Is Sup Forums finally waking up to smashing pumpkins
Billy Corgan was probably the best thing to happen to the 90's alt rock scene

Yeah. Musical.
His singing was shit though.

Are you retarded? They're even on the Sup Forumscore chart

I can't be assed to memorize essentials charts

Imagine Billy Corgan bald XD

Just gonna leave this here...

youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg

Not really, no.

he was better than kurt, that's for sure

>literally the only thing he's good at is layering guitars
>can't sing at all
>90% of his material is just simple octave chords through a big muff, one idea he stretched through a bands entire discography.
>shit lyrics
>shit personality and starts beef where he is clearly in the wrong
>hasn't released anything noteworthy since the 90's

wow, a real """genius""" here...

Gish [Caroline EP, 1991]

if you can dig art-rock fantasia (and hey, why not?) this has a nice witchy wail to it ("Crush", "Rhinoceros") **

Siamese Dream [Virgin, 1993]

*choice cuts* "Geek USA"

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [Virgin, 1995]

*choice cuts* "1979"

Adore [Virgin, 1998] *bomb*

Machina [Virgin, 2000]

Galloping into the wasteland just in time to save the world from an onslaught of meaningless pop comes a genuine Rock Band caterwauling tunefully about the things that truly matter, like the death of God, the girl you had a crush on, and hearing your favorite song on the radio. Billy Corgan's declamations are almost as interesting as Al Gore's, with the notable exception that the latter's might actually affect our lives. But what can it mean when his vocal cadences are sexier? C+

Zeitgeist [Mother's Music, 2007] *bomb*

he is genus

1979 is another one of those lame as shit "Oh boo hoo, why can't I be a carefree teenager anymore why do I have to be a jaded adult?" songs.

I figured he only liked Geek USA because it's fast and you can bop your head to it.

>Adore
>*bomb*
pleb

Delet this
At least Kurt could sing and make up decent lyrics, not like this bald faggot

Wait, you can actually figure out this guy's rating emoticons?

It's not as if his website doesn't explain the shit or anything, amirite?

>Choice Cuts indicates an otherwise forgettable album with one standout cut on it, either because it's humorous, catchy, or makes for an interesting sociological statement about the artist. Some choices were inescapably personal. My recommendation is to buy the single and skip the album. but sometimes one really good song will compel you to spring for an otherwise lousy album.

Ok although Geek USA wasn't released as a single so you'd still have had to buy the CD back in 1993.

Corgan is the Chad version of Kurt.

The latter half of this I can agree with, though sometimes his lyrics are on point. I can think think of a lot of Smashing Pumpkins songs that aren't just octave chords though. Also, he's kind of a monster in the studio. He definitely does more than just layer guitars. Also, I wish I had the confidence to even sing like he does. Not in the same way/style. Just the fact that he's not afraid to do those inflections.

Still a cock though.

Corgan is a non-negro Kurt.

Okay, if someone's intelligence ESPECIALLY IN MUSIC was measured by them being a douchebag then I'd admit, he's fucking retarded. But let's not measure his wit by him saying some mean things that might've hurt your feelings. He's a musical genius god dammit.

At least "goofy Billy" is better than "asshole Billy"