Did Falling Down resonate with a lot of you, Sup Forums? Particularly D-FENS' final speech:

Did Falling Down resonate with a lot of you, Sup Forums? Particularly D-FENS' final speech:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk

>I'm the bad guy? How'd that happen? I did everything they told me to... They lied to me!

Can't believe this movie is now over 20 years old and yet it seems more relevant than ever.

I'm not white, so no.

The movie was about class, not race.

> I did everything they told me to
Is it the Director's Cut where they tell him to run around town with a gun in his hand?

>he hasn't seen the Director's Cut

You're missing out

Great fucking movie.

He wasn't the 'bad guy', he was just a cuck.

Instead of letting some questionable authority dictate his life choices for him, he should have taken control and done what he wanted to do.

I don't know what the director intended the message of the film to be, but this guy is a saint compared to almost everyone in the upper class. He just lost control, and blamed everyone but himself for his problems.

>He wasn't the 'bad guy', he was just a cuck.

This word doesn't even mean anything anymore, does it?

What about the post do you not understand?

He spent his life doing what other people wanted him to do, not what HE wanted to do. Others were living a better life at his expense. The film is him realizing this and taking vengeance.

This guy gets it.

D-FENS thought he was bourgeoisie. Turns out he was rally just a white collar proletariat. Rather than accept that he'd been lied to and exploited his whole like, he loses it.

alt right before it became a meme

>Rather than accept that he'd been lied to and exploited his whole like, he loses it.

What are you talking about? The whole film is him whining about every thing he comes into contact with. He had no doubt that he was being 'exploited', what he failed to realize was that even if this was true, he was still ultimately responsible for his own destiny.

Nice slave morality you got there, bud.

The big lesson to me was always in how differently he and the police-officer approached their situation. They were both getting screwed by the system, but where Fositer lashed out in anger, Prendergast refused to force his misery upon other people.

He even talked to D-FENSE at the end and said that he understood him.
In the end, Foster lost what little he had left, having burned out on his anger, with only death as a way out. By contrast, Prendergast decided to give one last push before his retirement and fight back.

Not an argument.

Also, how the fuck is that 'slave morality'?

>what he failed to realize was that even if this was true, he was still ultimately responsible for his own destiny.

But he does realise that, at the start of the movie. And then instead of just taking all the shit society throws at him he decides to fuck it up. For the first time in his life he's not doing what he's told, he's doing what he wants.

Yeah he 'fucks it up', but where did that get him?

My point is that although he realised he was being exploited, his first course of action was to lash out at seemingly everything in existence, instead of looking inside himself and asking how he could take control in a way that didn't result in him being fucking shot.

He took on everything in existence and expected to win. He wasn't helping himself by doing this.

>In the end, Foster lost what little he had left, having burned out on his anger, with only death as a way out.

Was he not a tragic hero for doing it this way, though?

but he was the bad guy. in the sense that his personality/anger issues made his family fearful of him. possibly got him fired as well. it's basically a film about mental illness.

>He took on everything in existence and expected to win.

I don't think he expected to win. I'm pretty sure he knew the life he was trying to reach for was not going to happen and wasn't going to come back. I think by the time he kills the neo-nazi, if not earlier, he knew that this was only going to end badly for him. He just wanted to try to recreate his ideal life one last time before dying.

Tragic, yes, but the tragedy was more or less of his own making. With strength, he could've stood up and pushed back, even if it might've been futile.
Lashing out was him surrendering to anger, thinking about what the world "owed" him. He pushed his misery upon others and became the villain.

Its a great movie, but the "message" does nothing for me...
The "man" , "society" "goverment" or "god" is not here to make you happy or even content... thats your job.

>possibly got him fired as well.

I'm pretty sure the film implies that him and everyone else at his place of employment was let go through no fault of their won. Hence the line about "over-educated and under-skilled." Society no longer needed people like him, and rather than express gratitude for past service and help them along towards their next career path, they carelessly tossed them aside as garbage.

fair enough. it's been a while since i saw it.

This sounds good until you realize just how pervasive these things really are.

Try telling a nigger slave in the 1850s or an inmate of Dachau that everything is 'their' job. It might ultimately be true, but in practice, they barely have a fucking chance.

Yeah good advice is not always generative. You can tell a bully "get over your problems and be nice to people," which is good advice, but it's not going to fix anything.

I think he just really wanted to go home.

i like how "cuck" has transformed from

>bird that lays its eggs in other nests

to

>guy whose wife has sex with other men

to

>guy who is weak, sad, or too sensitive

to

>guy who doesn't do whatever he wants

I did not say everything is up to you.
The power structures owe you things like food, shelter, security and a bit of freedom for your work and support, but things like happines and inner peace are completelly up to you (and maybe a bit on your loved ones)

Whatever happened to the idea of banning the memewords dump people use when they cannot put forth a real argument? (cuck, reddit, Sup Forums etc...)

Whatever happened to irrelevant, shitty posts like yours being deleted?

Well looks like we found orselves a cuckposter.

I liked the music when he starts counting down. It really lets you get inside his mind in that moment, knowing it's over and wanting to die.

>At last, I am Falling Down tm

Really?

It's because no one knows the word to that last thing (if such a term exists). Reminds me of how some morons keep using the word "racist" for when they mean "prejudiced".

Sounds like the opening riff to Iron Man by Black Sabbath

>only person who is actually killed is le homophobic racist skinhead neo Nazi gun store owner

It's dogshit

Tbf he comes pretty close to killing the spics too

if you liked this movie read this book

don't go postal. don't be a peasant. be an egoist and live your life.

No shit. There are a lot of men that are becoming obsolete in the first world.

White Mans Burden: The Movie

It's a poor mans God Bless America. It wasn't satisfying enough and I didn't like the ending

>It's a poor mans God Bless America.

Other way around, bud.

he was going to die, he should have fucked her.

Stirner is a spook.

It would have given them reason to live.

He did win you fucking moron

He wanted to provide for his family and he got a police officer to wrongfully shoot him to death, his life insurance/police payout will be enough to provide for his family forever

He even fucking says it out loud

i turned this off halfway through, shitty catharsis movie for edgy people

I like the intro music much more.

>He wanted to provide for his family and he got a police officer to wrongfully shoot him to death, his life insurance/police payout will be enough to provide for his family forever

Pretty sure life insurance policies are voided after committing multiple violent felonies, whether or not you were actually holding a gun when shot by the police at the end of your rampage.

>wrongfully
nobody is going to fucking try and say that was wrong.
webm extremely related, same shit

Oh shit!

You're the fag who hides behind his little
"Not an arguement" sentence when he's getting fucking wrecked, aren't you?

I remember laughing my ass off at you on Sup Forums.

Why haven't you ended yourself yet?

No one talks about the real victim: the poor detective guy no one takes seriously and everyone makes fun of because he isn't an asshole.

He should have killed all his colleagues

>its your job

see

Christ you're an imbecile.

God Bless America is a poor man's Super, though.

Not an argument.

Spotted the Hillary supporter

WTF are you even talking about lmao

Stefan Molyneaux is now a Hillary supporter? Idiot.

Delete this

Can't wait till November 9th.

He wasnt holding a weapon though

Pretty big difference

Not an argument.

>niggers do shit like this then complain cops shoot them

what the fuck

How was he not the bad guy?

If his character was black this wouldn't even be a question you morons would ask.

This is Sup Forums

How can you try to type tumblr and get it so wrong?

Hello, reddit!

>Guy keeps advancing towards police officer despite repeated warnings to stop
>Reaches behind his back like he's grabbing a weapon
>People are surprised when he's shot

Play stupid games, win stupid games.

Im not borderline, or autistic, so no.

He was a maniac and it all went downhill, once he threatened the soda vendor and the fast food place.

The only good thing he did was scare the Nazi.

How did you know I go to reddit?

Good one.

>Did Falling Down resonate with a lot of you, Sup Forums? Particularly D-FENS' final speech:

It would resonate with me, if he wasn't such an obvious basket-case, as evidenced by that video tape footage. He was a creep.

>He was a creep.

No, he was just a fucking white male.

they all relate to raising kids that aren't yours or being that type of submissive person that would be "okay" with raising another's kids

>bird that lays its eggs in other nests
a bird making another burd raise his kids

>guy whose wife has sex with other men
guy thats about to raise another man's kids

>guy who is weak, sad, or too sensitive
prime sucker for making him raise your kids

>guy who doesn't do whatever he wants
like raising kids that arent his

You have autism if you don't see the obvious correlations.

Except the key difference between him and the cop was that he stopped cucking and the cop didn't, with the exception of punching the other cop and telling off his wife.

AHAHAHHAHSHAHAH, holy shit you idiots have done it again.
>he didn't take responsibility for himself!

That is the -whole- point of the movie; from the day you are born you are corralled into an illusionary world where "responsibility" is a measure of worth and its a badge of merit to say something like "I've lived and worked in my town for 20 years". Lmao, he realized that he never had a chance, that everything you are told to work for in life is for someone else's benefit while they trickle down a fraction of what your job is worth, so that you spend and compete in the consumerist impersonal vending machine that is American society. No one and nothing can do anything about it, the choices and actions of moguls, industrialists, lobbyists, politicians, etc will leave thousands jobless so that the CEO can keep a bonus. If you ever say anything like this you will be shamed into silence
>Anarchist pussy, get a job
>Yeah someone useless would think like that
>Just get a job and be helpful to society
Please let me contribute to society by selling people untested and unregulated drugs. Let me help the world by installing door bells or unclogging drains. Let me be of worth in this world by loading and unloading freight that 70% of which will inevitably end up in a landfill within the month. A nation of shit eating grinning monkey slaves who think they are a real man now because they get paid shit to work for someone else for half their week. He won, he got out and above that he rattled the system. Nothing will ever change or break it, so why is it a big deal that a shooter kills dozens? They will be replaced 10 times over by the end of the day, everyone is gonna go back to their jobs as cashiers waiters or construction workers and the world will keep spinning. It's only edgy faggots who think life is sacred, it literally doesn't matter to anyone in the world if even hundreds die; their are billions more parts to replace them in the machine.

Whiny bitch.

How could anyone have sympathy for dfens? I mean, I could see how, if not for the fact that he swears at his daughter and makes her cry, in that video.

>very minor anger issues
>you're a bad person
nah

Completely true. Anyone who thinks this is absurd is literally a brainwashed slave.

No one would defend the cop if he'd just been playfully pointing his finger like a gun, but the dude ran up on the cop, put his hand behind his back, and quickly whipped it forward, and ONLY THEN did the cop fire. The cop was absolutely 100% in the right to fire on the suspect, regardless of race. If that had actually been a gun and he hadn't fired, the cop would be dead, along with who knows how many civilians when he goes on a rampage.

Despite getting a litttle edgy toward the end, this is a good post. The main issue is the massive population growth the world has experienced in the last 60 or so years. There are now so many people on the planet that each life is worth much less and is more easily replaced. The value and dignity of each individual has drastically declined, along with quality of life, and it will only get worse as immigration into the West increases and population continues to explode in the third world.

This movie is the quintessential "Angry Straight White Male" movie. It's no wonder Douglas' character is so popular on a shithole website like this.

trips are not a spook

Anyone that isn't an Ubermensch is a cuck, user.

Nice dubs and spurner :DDD

Minor? His loved ones lived in fear of him.

After he went in to hold his wife and kid hostage in their home, he gets temporarily distracted by the way he perceived things were through the home movies (which he shot and narrated to his liking).

Then he sees the clip of him, yet again, accosting his wife on the pier, and it pops him right back into his default rage state, and he realizes where she went to hide from him.

He very clearly had a preoccupation with the way things were supposed to be. This illusion was the thin veneer keeping him from going on the killing spree, which was his ultimate destiny all along. His ex-wife wasn't wrong. It wasn't if but when.

>His loved ones lived in fear of him.

Then why did his daughter greet him happily when she saw him, and why did his dog hang out with him when he returned and get sad when he died? The only person who had a problem with him was his bitchy wife and his mentally-ill mother.

No, it's just a corny Joel Schumacher movie that I stopped liking when I was 17.

>corny

Only if you weren't paying attention. It was actually one of the most profound films to come out of the early 1990s. Equivalent to Taxi Driver.

There's absolutely nothing profound about it.

I see mysefl as the Falling Down Guy. I'm unstable and literally ready to snap at anytime.

Not an argument.

>what if we jsut kill everyone we hate lol
God Bless America is a symptom, not a cure.

Neither was your post.