Red pill me on soulseek Sup Forums
Is it worth it? Is it a meme?
Also, general soulseek thread I guess

>Is it worth it?
worth fucking what?

Using it

It's free...
No

Soulseek is definitely the best place to download music now that What.CD is gone.

Meh, you can only download 99% of the music you could ever want for free with no worry of being v&, not really worth the 2 minutes it takes to set up

Lets say I'm in college, using the school's wifi.

Do I run the risk of getting caught?

No, that'd be Redacted.

inb4 feds kick down your door

All right, thanks friends.
By the way, is there a way to know which files if any have been downloaded by somebody?

be honest how real is the shitty transcode meme?
how do I tell?

no you fucking new fag

Of course you fucking idiot this shits illegal. The feds are going to arrest you for piracy you ding dong.

If you're autistic enough you could analyze the files with audacity or some shit, but honestly I've never bothered to do so.

I mean, why would someone intentionally transcode their music?

How do you normally tell? If you can't tell by your ears, and you aren't on a private tracker, it literally doesn't matter. I've infrequently gotten bad rips or recordings off soulseek.

Invite me

Yeah you do, so unless you know how to VPN that shit or go somewhere else where you don't have to sign in with credentials to use the WiFi, you're out of luck.

It's awesome. They have tons of insanely obscure shit, like a FLAC of 40-year-old Soviet film soundtracks

You gotta analyze the spectrograph

what do we do once soulseek is gone? I fully expect one day to open it and find out that the servers are gone and its never coming back.

By that point you will have amassed a large library and then a new Torrent/p2p sharing system will arise which will be filled with music again.

Transcodes are relatively frequent (guessing maybe 1/25 of 320 kbps albums?). Use Spek to tell, it's quick and easy.
Even if you can't tell the difference, transcodes take up extra space.

>not Rutracker