Anyone with half a brain cell can see why "banning guns" would be impractical, if not impossible in the US

Anyone with half a brain cell can see why "banning guns" would be impractical, if not impossible in the US.

What I want to know is why people think gun control in the sense of further restricting firearm ownership and generally making guns harder to acquire wouldn't just impact the millions of law abiding gun owners who already follow all necessary federal and state laws. This is already apparent on a broader scale. Robbery and murder are illegal and yet still happen. Drugs are illegal for the most part and plenty of people still use. Alcohol was once illegal and you see how that turned out... So why would more gun control be any different?

>inb4 u dont NEEEED an ar15

>impractical
yes
>impossible
no
>robbery and murder are illegal but still happen, hurr durr why gun control
bait confirmed

To be fair you don't really need a AR-15

>impossible
>no
Enlighten me how you would go about successfully banning all firearms in the US.

By saying "guns are now banned". Whether fat fucks comply or not is a different matter

by that logic why have laws about anything you fucking numbskull? Why make it illegal to steal if criminals will steal anyways? Jesus christ humanity is fucked

>trigger discipline
now this is a quality b8 post, I'm already rustled and i didn't even read your text. I'm assuming its also inflammatory in some way.

>what is damage limitation

>successfully
As in having the general populace comply without starting the next american revolution.

I don't think anyone is trying to ban guns. I'm pro-gun, but I think there should be more steps in place to prevent fucking wackos from getting a gun.

Like, why not make 21 the minimum age for any gun purchase/ownership (not just handguns)? I think that's a start.

Infringing on a right is infringing on a right. "Common sense gun control" is really just one more step towards Orwellian insanity like in Japan or Canada or Australia. It's really quite clear why your "regulation" is bullshit. It's written right into the amendment:

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

I'd be okay with this if they allowed military to own/purchase at 18.

Are you implying that there aren't wackos who are 21 years old? How would upping the age to buy guns by 3 years have any impact? I could see it preventing school shootings but not mass shootings in general

>Infringing on a right is infringing on a right.
It shouldn't even be a right, no-one needs that sort of firepower for personal use and other than a handful of crazy doomsday cultists no-one is stockpiling weapons to use in case of some fantasy government mass slavery act, which is what your precious amendment (note, that means things CHANGED and can obviously change again) is about
And what's insane about not wanting 34 mass shootings in 2 months?

"May I have your attention please. We want you to turn in your guns. A thru D in line 1. E thru I in line 2. J thru M in line 3. N thru R in line 4, S thru V in line 5 and W thru Z in line 6.Thank you."

Easy day, I don't see any problems. Offer free wifi while waiting in line.

Americans who look at the data for countries with tight gun control and fail to see the correlation are stupid.

Countries with few guns and tight control have far fewer gun deaths and mass shootings are unheard of.

But I accept that that the situation in the USA is beyond fixable. There are just too many guns and too many ignorant and arrogant Americans who are stuck in the time warp of the second amendment and seem to have great distrust in their government.

Tldr; Americans are stupid.

The issue is that even if we were to ban guns, there would still be people buying them illegally.

>implying the general populace would have a chance against one of the strongest and most advanced militaries on earth

Wow what a fresh and meaningful viewpoint that no retarded 12 year old with a maga hat has ever thought of

>Americans who look at the data for countries with tight gun control and fail to see the correlation
>honduras
>brazil
>somalia
>mexico
>literally any other 3rd world shit hole who disarmed its populace

>if we were to ban drugs there would still be people buying them illegally,
>If we were to ban stealing there would still be people stealing
So why the fuck should we have laws then?
Maybe because they work and shape our society, and there are consequences for breaking them, and the industry/culture that fuels the crimes is crippled because of it.

we have a nigger problem
we have a beaner problem
beaners&niggers are mainly the issue.

Overwhelming majority of guns used in American school shootings, were with "legal guns". Statistics proves that legal guns, has more often been used to kill and harm people than it has been used to save people (situations were a legal gun has been used to stop/kill an attacker).

Yes, all the fat fucks who loves the bang bang and only know the line "right to bear arms" in the second amendment, will lose their jerking material, will have to change hobbies. But it will still undoubtly save a lot more people from death and harm, than it will put them in death or harms way.

Sure, it won't stop crimes from happening, but it will decrease the chances, if ever so slightly. I'd say that even if it only saves 3 people, it's still enough to justify, taking it away from "law abiding" gun owners, or restricting it further for them.

>that sort of firepower
You act like an AR is a fucking nuclear bomb.

You think these school shooters obtained their guns legally?

You're a dumb ass.

So you admit that the US is a 3rd world country? If not then it doesn't have to fear the same things as other 3rd world countries and can instead look forward to becoming like the 1st world countries that don't slaughter themselves for fun

First it was 30 shootings, now it's 34. What is the real number and how many of said shootings was an AR used?

The recent florida one did.

>34 mass shootings

No I act like it's a handheld machine for putting deadly holes in multiple people from a distance.

He had a foid card, and went and purchased it himself?

I admit we have 3rd world-tier people and gun control would mean just as much to them as it would to the shitholes I mentioned.

Look at the UK you stupid cunt.

>implying the strongest and most advanced militaries on earth would give up their strongest and most advanced weapons

Yeah it's a real shit hole lol

Yep.

How would you even constitute calling America a third world country? Our murder rate is lower than over 80 countries, and that rate has been steadily declining. Just because firearms are used in the majority of murders does not mean our system is not working.

>implying the government wants to destroy the very thing that gives them power

girl is remy lacroix btw

"Legal guns" yes, like regular handguns. There have been more handguns used in Mass shootings than any other type of gun.

As far as laws, there are plenty of laws on the books, gun-free zones which can lead to a felony if you brandish a gun at school zones or the fact that it's illegal to kill others. Hell it's even illegal to run over people with your vehicle yet the jihadis have no problem with that. Why punish law abiding citizens which are the majority for a minority of criminals.

Why not mention the millions that have been saved as a result of a person being armed and protecting others?

And holes in boars, mountain lions, clay pidgeons, paper targets, and the occasional Jamal who decides burglary is a good idea.

You don't need an foid to purchase a rifle in FL?

Yeah you guys on the other side of the pond are doing real well. How's that new mosque next door coming along?

Why do you people have the idea in your head that our military is going to destroy us because we believe in our civil liberties?

Gun's are fun, user. I'm sorry your nation doesn't trust you with them.

refer to

These photos are legitimately hot as fuck.

>>So why would more gun control be any different?

A stupid depressed kid with no skills can't kill 20 people with pot, rape and robbery. He can with a gun. That's why it's different.

No, there's wackos at every age. Looking back at myself though, I was way more unstable at 18-19 than at 21. I still had my bullshit highschool outlook while being faced with real world problems. I think many others feel that way too.

Got a couple more if you want

It's kind of fucked that I need a foid card here in Illinois. I hate this state.

I'm on your side in general, but you do have to admit that those are all shitskin countries that you just listed.

No but many countries that have take guns from their citizens when ahead and violated their rights and many committed genocide on their people.

You can't have a tank, airplane or missles on every corner. You need troops for that which are over came with equal force.

Darling learn to read. The point was that the gentleman before me claimed that 3rd world countries with bans on guns are proof that a ban is a bad idea, ignoring the fact that it works entirely well in civilised countries - suggesting that he thinks the US will go the 3rd world route. Interestingly you're also the only country in the world with an enforced tipping system that claims to be 1st world... But that's another matter

>law abiding gun owners

Almost every spree shooter was a law abiding gun owner. Right up until the moment they took someone's life.

Every time you gun fags say "law abiding gun owner," everyone else hears "potential killer who's too selfish to think of anyone else."

I'm not saying gun control would work at this point, there are so many guns out there that would probably be grandfathered in. I'm just telling you what normal people think and why they are so disgusted with you lot.

Yeah I know that's why I was making fun of that guy.

They can't buy SILVERWARE to eat with, for fuck sake. Do you really want that?

No, "legal guns" is in acquired legally. Most school shootings have been committed by kids who stole their parents or relatives, legal and registered guns. Meaning not an illegally acquired gun, bought off the street with a ground down serial number.

A person without a gun, capable of killing, is not as dangerous as a person with a gun, capable of killing. The idea with gun restrictions/bans is to limit people with said capability from getting guns.

Why not mention the imaginary number? Let me tell you why. If we remove police and military out of your equation of "person being armed and protecting others", the number gets REALLY low. As I mentioned. There are no millions that have been saved.

He can do it with a truck as we've seen happen in many European countries. Time to ban cars?

hydrochloric acid in a super-soaker is much more practical and would be a much better killing spree than a measly 20

mate, look at the homicide statistics in your country compared to others with gun control.

I can't be fucked to find them but it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Here in britbong world you can literally get a gun if you want. You just have to go through some checks and tell them why you want it. You can also only have certain guns like for shooting ducks and shit.

yet, look at the homicide statistics from gun violence here compared to yours and just the homicide rate in general.

Why the fuck do you need a gun? MUH RITES

You need a gun because everyone else has a gun. Take all the guns away, guns will be fucking expensive. not every impoverished ghetto dweller will be able to get their hands on one. eventually, shit will work for the better. meanwhile the fuckin hicks can apply for their "killing animals for the lols" licences and everybody wins.

Please be aware from every other developed country in the world anyone defending this shit is just viewed as a complete fucking idiot.

>ITT insecure pussies who are afraid of guns

Yes we can retard. You have to be over 18 to buy certain types of knives (not basic cutlery) which isn't a burden in anyone since no-one under 18 has a reason to buy one anyway, it's not like kids own a home by themselves

>hurr bdurr what is a primary function
>time to drive my jeep through a narrow hallway

If we hadn't bailed your limey asses out in WWII, you'd be sucking nazi cock right now.
We dropped zip guns attached to little parachutes by the cargo plane full, onto your unarmed masses.

Nobody cares about your shit hole countries

>killing animals for the lols
City boy detected

Aaaaahahahahaaahahahhahaha no. You guys fought the Japs who no-one else in the world cared about, and Britain wasn't invaded so didn't need gun drops. Do try again sir, perhaps after a history lesson that isn't shown on Fox

whoops im fucking retarded

Nothing will change unless Americans love their children more than their guns. At least try dammit.

Likely to be about the fish knives in there, but even so there's no need for a kid to buy a cutlery set so what's the damage

actually lol'd

Fuck those kids

Ok fair enough.

Let's look at trackable numbers, in 2017 there were approximately 300 deaths from Mass shooters. 15,000 gun related deaths including suicides and accidental deaths.

Also in 2017 there were 40,000 automotive related deaths nearly 3 times as many gun deaths. Why aren't we calling for a ban on cars?!

Implying that making guns harder to get would affect people who already have guns.

>ALL OF THEM

>You guys fought the Japs who no-one else in the world cared about
Japs were fucking shit up (pic related) and raping and pillaging everything in their path. That's why Chinese people hate Japanese people to this day.

enjoy your mental disorder

>what is an accident

Because it's not part of their narrative. You're making them look stupid.

What does tipping have to do with being a first world country? America is a free market, unfortunately tipping is part of that market. Tipping is an incentive for staff to work harder. Who really had goals of being wait staff as a kid. Like you say, it's another matter.

Why would another country really care what route we take on gun control. America is also a free country. We gained our independence over a style of government that we did not approve. The 2nd amendment ensures that we are able to remain free if the situation should ever arise.

This is murders in Norway past 10 years. The country with the strictest. Gun control in the world. Not even the POLICE carry guns.
Translation:
Kniv og stikkvåpen = knifes and stabbing
Skytevåpen = Firearms (Any kind)

Also, those murderer are always victims of someone they know, or it’s gang related violence. Innocent people are almost never killed. Wouldn’t you like to have it that way in america aswell?

My bad I meant no-one important cared

I want to ban schools

This is the ultimate problem with your country

We're all taught to have a healthy bit of despise for our own, despite how decent they actually are. You on the other hand just blindly worship your fucking cheeto coloured god

dont bother. the real problem is that fully half of our population have IQs under the median. you cannot and will not convince them of any thing using facts, logic, or statistics. it would be more effective to start an ad campaign associating ownership with being gay or un-American to make it their own idea.

>source: our politics and crime rates

It's almost like racially homogeneous societies are inherently more harmonious.

It's the principle of the matter. If you can't see the issue, then you really one of the master-cuck race.

>mfw church ministers are sharing this intelligent girl's opinions on the matter on Facebook

Get rid of the nigger problem and we'll be talking

Serious question. Would it be easier to get rid of niggers or guns?

That is false.

I hate trump, but I also hate humanity. Nice projection there niegal

Holy shit, we found the one guy who's dumber than a goat fucking jihadi.

Only dumbass like you would attempt to drive their Jeep through a narrow hallway.

>Tipping is an incentive for staff to work harder.
Actually it's a way for bosses to not pay their staff lol
>Why would another country really care what route we take on gun control.
Because people care about human lives? By your logic I hope you're 100% opposed to American involvement in Iraq, Korea, Afghanistan, Syria, and everywhere else that you seem to be trying to control