That one time K-Mart released the most fire mix-tape of all time

>that one time K-Mart released the most fire mix-tape of all time

archive.org/details/KmartOctober1989

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IT4udbOueJw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

posting my review as i listen, song by song

first song is fucking dope as hell. i'm guessing the "tape wobble" makes it sound better now than it did back at original release, but the first song has some glorious moments

>posting my review as i listen, song by song
are you gonna review the talking moments as well. shit is plunderphonics af.

nah too much nostalgia for me, the first ad talking up the men's section and rubber storage containers

second song has a "country Mac DeMarco" vibe.

makes me want to record to tape and intentionally rewind it a bunch of times to stretch it out, such a nice chill vibe.

2nd martha stewart ad already

>38:30

favorite part so far, reminds me of one of those vaporwave or neo-80s videos on youtube with some A E S T H E T I C anime picture

3rd song is a jazzy piano solo with a nice arrangement to accompany. some stuff that is definitely worth sampling

>some stuff that is definitely worth sampling
oh shit, i didn't even think of that. I might attempt that. Around 42:00 is a song with vocals that is absolutely sampling material.

4th song is a hokey christmas song, weird for an october playlist imo
you could definitely take the talking moments and cut it up to say stuff other than the ads, that'd be interesting.

5th song sounds like Chuck Mangioni, feelsy.

>52:14

holy shit

6th song is forgettable AF

A friend of mine works at k mart...

I just showed him this -
youtu.be/IT4udbOueJw

7th song (around 28 minutes in) has a crazy good main hook. counter melody is whack but that main hook

8th song is over the top generic, can't get into it

>1:29:00

Another good one. Reminds me of a noir.

finally got to this one. the best one so far, closely followed by the first song.

>cant help falling in love with you cover(?)
unexpected

41 minutes, song 10

similar to the last song, then it morphs into a boy george vibe. interesting anyways

44:20

i think i lose track of song numbers. the song at this time is fucking great for sampling

garbage

pretty decent

Those Kmart tapes are GOAT. I play the December ones before Christmas, and it's very cozy.

I'm trying to remember my favorites, but generally the 1990 ones are significantly better than the ones from 1992. I'm scrolling through some of them now, I actually remember listening to October 89 and it is fantastic. If I remember correctly, March 91 is the one that stuck out the most.

>I play the December ones before Christmas

when you find one, post it. I like to play these kinds of songs during my christmas party.