If Grimes were a chef, she's be the type to grow her own ingredients or use products sourced from her local ranch...

>If Grimes were a chef, she's be the type to grow her own ingredients or use products sourced from her local ranch. Then she would methodically make all components from scratch and carefully cook things together using methods that yields the best flavors without regards to saving time or cutting corners. The end result is a perfectly seasoned dish that is immensely flavorful but takes time to make as each meal is hand crafted with upmost care. For the diner, they enjoy a meal that is unique, delicious and memorable.

>The rest of the female 'artists', if they were chefs would either have a full kitchen staff to help her make the food and be subject to the talents of others, or use canned goods and rely on unhealthy ingredients that have addictive properties. Then they proceed to cook things via deep fryer or microwave just to get things out quickly so they can move on to the next customer. The consumer doesn't care because they don't know better and have become accustomed to such poorly processed foods that they don't know how to applicate a great meal.

Thoughts on this pasta?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2015/09/16/guy-spends-6-months-1500-to-make-a-sandwich-entirely-from-scratch/
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ekSgAKlouJM
youtube.com/watch?v=BX8PNBTs9PM
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If Grimes was a cabbage I would put my carrot in her if you know what i mean

Not only does it overstate what Grimes does, it's also very sexist. Good job.

>it overstate what Grimes does
No.
>it's also very sexist.
No.

>be white male
>think you can say whether something is sexist or not
I'm glad you are becoming a powerless minority

I'm leaving Sup Forums

Grimes isn't very good and that second segment definitely implies that other women are incapable of being musicians without lots of assistance and even then their art won't have any substance because they're women. Actually, it doesn't just imply that. It outright says it. That's dumb. This is all just waifu nonsense.

leftists shouldnt concede that facism benefits whites

(You)

in which fictional universe are white men becoming a powerless minority?

Grims can't cook :/

doubt she does

bump

are you sure?

agree anon2, agree

definitely a takeout person

I don't like this pasta it's very demeaning towards other female artists and pinpoints exactly why Grimes stans are horrendous.

yea

she is /ourgirl/ for a reason :^)

how do people think Grimes is that good? there are tons of indie pop/synth pop artists miles ahead of her

Don't
You'll incite the wrath of youruba

it's not her fault if other female artists can't even compare to her. she's the new standard, like it or not. other female artists should try to improve their skills if they want to be taken seriously as artists and not as mere puppets controlled by the music industry.

>there are tons of indie pop/synth pop artists miles ahead of her
>tons
whom? post 20.

excuse me can you shut up

There are other female artists making their own music though
Grimes is good but she's not the only one fighting the good fight

He has arrived

holy shit fuck off grimes

how does it feel to know goblin will never reach bork's skill ;)

>There are other female artists making their own music though
they are all in minority. the vast majority of female artists rely on males for songwriting and production duties. even bjork.

bjork will never be this pathetic

But you admit they exist?

consumerist.com/2015/09/16/guy-spends-6-months-1500-to-make-a-sandwich-entirely-from-scratch/

not worse than knowing that I will never reach goblin's heart

do you mean bork + her army of collaborators? grimes surpassed them easily. bork + her army of collaborators can't even make a decent album anymore to save their lives. that's why they did that horrendous cover, to gain attention through controversy, not music (the dull first single 'the gate'). even the amazing video can't save that song from being dull.

yes. the pasta is obviously a hyperbole. grimes is not the only female artist doing that. but she's certainly the most acclaimed and popular; the other ones are underground.

when i listen to grimes all i hear is generic pop music

pls recommend some groundbreaking grimes

i also enjoy average breakbeat people of soundcloud who can't even sing

medieval warfare is the jam of a lifetime, listen to it and don't look back

>he adds with a laugh
That was a heartbroken sob

i forgot to mention that track exists, you have to know that before listening to it. also not skip it if you bought the cd

isn't this just autotuned pop trap with a loud chorus?

good for you. i enjoy the superior grimes.

yes pain is funny

it's a social experiment

Yes but don't tell them that

it wasn't really groundbreaking was it
just sounded as generic as the others i heard

i feel like either i'm missing something or it's just all a big meme

then i guess your biased and nobody should want to listen to you

>when i listen to grimes all i hear is generic pop music
>GENERIC POP MUSIC
who did music like her? what is generic about it?
>pls recommend some groundbreaking grimes
clean up your ears and listen again to her entire discography. hopefully your pleb brain will not turn those gorgeous sound waves into generic pop again.

meh. this is generic trap with a guitar riff on top. get some taste for chrissakes

everyone is biased. you, me, everyone. we're just debating opinions here, not facts.

>who did music like her? what is generic about it?

>trap beats
>autotuned vocals
>overdriven riffs
>indian scales

all of these are well established pop tropes son

it's not generic by means but it's definitely mediocre

trying to justify a generic low tier cash in made for a large corporation

And the meals she creates would still taste like Kraft Macaroni & Cheese

it is apex of american cuisine anyway

Of course Grimes SOUNDS unique. No artists sound alike. It's her STYLE that's generic. All she does is combine the scraps of other pop and new wave artists. Talking Heads polyrhythms. New Order's synth style. Björk's vocal style. Animal Collective's layering.

>trap beats
only on a very few songs of her. e.g. go, medieval warfare. the majority of her songs have house/techno/synth-pop beats.
>autotuned vocals
lol. you're confusing effects (delay, reverb, etc) with autotune. that's a stylistic choice and clearly not a mainstream thing. unlike her, most popstars make their voice as clear as possible. they don't obscure their voice like she did.
>overdriven riffs
only a handful of songs. did you even listen to her older albums?
>indian scales
again, only a handful of songs have that. her music is much more diverse than you think.

all in all, you're completely wrong.

i was only talking about that one track but ok, what a specious argument you cobbled together, points for that at least

>the majority of her songs have house/techno/synth-pop beats.
and? is that more groundbreaking?

>lol. you're confusing effects (delay, reverb, etc) with autotune.
nope that's definitely autotuned
you can tell from the windowing

>her music is much more diverse than you think.
i don't doubt it, because people here love her and what i've heard is so run of the mill i can't even work out which mill it;s from

buy her album

>mediocre
that's subjective. it's just your opinion.
>it's her STYLE that's generic.
you wot? her style is unique.
>All she does is combine the scraps of other pop and new wave artists. Talking Heads polyrhythms. New Order's synth style. Björk's vocal style. Animal Collective's layering.
so what? most artists take inspiration from other artists. she used those points of reference to build her own unique style.
this sound like her and no one else: youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
prove me wrong.
>Talking Heads polyrhythms
btw, they stole them from africans. do you see what i mean? nothing is 100% original.

Claire. We are truly sorry we called you "fuckable." Will you call off your minions now?

i called her cute in some kind of really nice way

>and? is that more groundbreaking?
it's not generic like you said. the actual beats sound like grimes and no one else. e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
also as a reference, post non-generic music in your opinion.

>nope that's definitely autotuned
>you can tell from the windowing
wrong. your argument is based on your subjective observation: it doesn't count. her vocals aren't autotuned, but filtered through effects. check her live performances. here's an unplugged performance: youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
this is her actual voice and it's very close to the recorded version.

>i don't doubt it, because people here love her and what i've heard is so run of the mill i can't even work out which mill it;s from
maybe you heard only a couple of her poppier songs. dig deeper and you'll find some surprises, like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y

This is the ideal female musician. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

seriously thought you need to buy her album and don't deserve to not go out and buy it

>still posting photoshopped pics in order to make her ugly
pathetic

>buying albums
>1988+29

>so what?
So what? You just admitted Grimes isn't unique asshole
And by the way. Your "queen" uses GarageBand presets.

everyones buying it

>also as a reference, post non-generic music in your opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=ekSgAKlouJM

and you know you can apply autotune in real time, right?

I bought Halfaxa

i'd argue that this looks better than her natural state

talk about that

i didn't, you idiot. you could be unique by using existing styles and making something new. that's called being innovative.
>And by the way. Your "queen" uses GarageBand presets.
she used some garageband presets in the past, but now she's working with ableton live. but even if she used some presets, she combined them in such a way that the end result sounds unique. it's like making a new cocktail using common ingredients.

that example sounds like hipster boring shit. it's no wonder why grimes' maximalist style bothers you so much. she's 2 melodic 4 u. btw, claire hamill > that boring hack that you posted.
youtube.com/watch?v=BX8PNBTs9PM
>and you know you can apply autotune in real time, right?
you can. but her vocals sound imperfect live. look, if you have no solid evidence that she's using autotune, you're just talking out of your ass. get it?

ogres are like onions

how is grimes 'maximalist'? do you even know what that word means?

its literally just generic pop music
don't mind if you like it or whatever but don't pretend it's some radical original thing

holy fucking shit dude

she inspires a large reaction

>large

Sage
And you too cam sage by typing "sage" in the options box

useless sage. grimes > you silly sage.
maximalist production: lots of layers of sounds.
>its literally just generic pop music
then you never listened to pop music if you say such bullshit. what other pop song from the charts even sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y ?

i love her so much

Grimes is the Radiohead of synth pop
Take that how you will

she's better than the dreary radiohead. her music is far more diverse in every way.

but radiohead sucks

for you

Yeah and their fans think they're incredibly innovative when they're not

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Grimes.

>If Grimes were a chef, she's be the type to grow her own ingredients or use products sourced from her local ranch. Then she would methodically make all components from scratch and carefully cook things together using methods that yields the best flavors without regards to saving time or cutting corners.

>Then she would dump an entire jar of mayonnaise over it.

This.
Lol

Your logic sucks: according to you, Grimes is not innovative too because Radiohead are not innovative.
Actually it's like this:
Radiohead is not innovative - their fans think they're innovative
Grimes is innovative - her fans think she's innovative

Reminds me of this:
>"Trying to describe Grimes is like trying to describe Tom Waits or Springsteen or Neil Young—like, I don't know, just go listen to Neil Young. Claire is just Claire," says Jack Antonoff, the songwriter and performer behind the bands fun. and Bleachers, as well as an established producer who won an Album of the Year Grammy for his work with Taylor Swift on 1989. There is simply no one else in pop music like Boucher, with her ambitious, mold-breaking aesthetic and the ability to execute it all on her own. "Claire is extremely technically skilled on a production level, which gets missed a lot because it plays into some gender issues," Antonoff explains. "Usually the way records are made is with a lot of people involved—this person did that snare sound, and this other person did that beat. To have one person doing everything would be the equivalent of having one person designing the house, building it, doing all the plumbing, all the electric, decorating it, and then living in it for 100 years and creating a great vibe. What Claire does is just crazy."
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/

This. I love Grimes but this pasta is trash.

say what you want but she is really a living meme

I love how deluded you are it's kind of funny
Little grimesheep thinks their queen is special because her pop music has extra pop music on top of it
The truth is that not even Grimes cares about the "innovation". She's just making music, and you spergs herald it as the greatest thing around. She'd probably laugh at you if she knew how highly you thought of her.

>Jack Antonoff

isn't he like sexually assaulted someone recently

bump

the truth is that she's extraordinary and you just don't like her music.
>The truth is that not even Grimes cares about the "innovation".
>still talking out of your ass
she cares a lot about innovation. this is her goal:
>i'm realizing that my true goal is to make something that sounds like nothing else
and she succeeded so far, like it or not.

who who

a living meme that makes great music. what's not to like about her? she's anything but dull. being dull is the worst thing in music/art.