ITT: artists who would be regarded more highly in retrospect if they had died at the peak of their careers

ITT: artists who would be regarded more highly in retrospect if they had died at the peak of their careers

pic related

name 2 good albums she made

He would be way more famous if he Kurtcobained himself in the 90's

Billy Corgan.

The Lion And The Cobra is great, and her second album is good too.

Her first two records, obviously

Axl Rose

f he had ironically offed himself on the final show of the Popmart tour, this man and his band would have been gods

if he offed himself after Mellon Collie he'd be immortal

as much as I loathe Axl, I'm kinda glad he didn't die in his prime because he'd become an insufferable martyr for buttrock enthusiasts

>if he offed himself after Mellon Collie he'd be immortal
Adore was a good album all things considered, and even Machina had its moments.
He should have died together with the first incarnation of The Smashing Pumpkins.

Oh totally, Adore is actually one of my favourites of theirs, I just think that it'd be the most melodramatic or marketable if Mellon Collie was his final statement before his abrupt death.

should have offed himself after The Unforgettable Fire

doing a Manson and being crushed by one of the ridiculous stage props of the tour

If he offed himself after Pinkerton Weezer would be considered one of the GOATs, at least of 90s Alt. Rock

Kiss in the late '70s

If he had died instead of John people would respect him more than John.

But he did die though

He did die way before John, unless you mean Faul

After (II), though no guarantees the roastie wouldn't have tried to keep it going with Jupiter.

I still like Sinead even if she is mad as frogs in a box and pretty shitty to people really. She played on the radio the other day and she is very enjoyable to hear

She seems very unwell these days which is a shame, although I think her music just hasn't got any of the edge that it had in the early 90s. Her first two albums are great though, and her third is a pretty solid vocal jazz effort too.

If he had died back in 2009 he would have been considered the greatest rapper of all time

Lil peep, Lil Pump and XXXTENTACION

X is the kind of fucker that is going to kill himself in a last ditch effort to immortalise himself. Not that it would work, he's disgraced.

>calling hard rock "buttrock" when it's clearly post grunge

>That left eyebrow

sad to say but basically every successful artist's stature is enhanced by a premature death

unironically this. infinite sadness was his moment to die and become a legend.

I also think pic related has overstayed his welcome, and could've easily been considered goat rapper had he died in the early 2000s.

But people already do respect him more than John. No death needed.

Only Sup Forums does. Most buy into the "John was better, Paul made granny shit" meme.

>every successful artist's stature is enhanced by a premature death
this statement is false for a lot of successful rappers.

Yeah, actually. It would have saved me the pain of sitting through Raditude.

God knows what's wrong,. She keeps bawling at other people, it's not going to work . Even though I do do the same. She shouldn't have ever gave a shit about religion either, it's too heavy going.

have a tab.

Came here to post this

Varg Vikernes. He's just a meme now

When should he have died?

just before youtube went online

I think after he murdered euronymous he wouldn't have been viewed in a fond "what could have been" manner.

right after killing euronymous