Importance of music in your life

Have you ceased caring about music? When and how did you lost your interest, assuming you did?
If not explain what keeps interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p36dWRHUsCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

still frickin interested cuz i have no real friends except my younger brother
I like to listen to music while i write, i like to listen to music while i walk down the street, i like to listen to music when im bored, i like to listen to music anytime of day

i have friends but i feel like i have no real social connection with any of them so yeah still feel lonely at night

I can't go a day without setting aside some time for a listening session but lost interest in playing my instruments

When did you have to be lonely to have an interest in music? Sure, maybe your taste will change as your life does but who just flat out stops having an interest in it altogether?

>inb4 some edgy fag says he stopped caring about everything

btw this isn't directly to op, just the general replies are implying that

Would you listen in a house? Would you listen with a mouse? Would you listen in a box? Would you listen with a fox?

hehe, nice

There were times in my life I needed music to get by and there were pretty lot of these moments. In fact I need music almost on the regular basis to brighten my day. There is always a tune playing in my brain. Of course, music can cause melancholy, depression and sad feelings too but then I cease listening to it and let myself concentrate on something different.

pfft

>tfw you make the mistake of relating music to significant others and friends
There are songs I can't listen to anymore because of that. I know I'm fucking stupid for doing this, but I know I'm not alone. I can't help but relate great memories to certain songs, and the same goes for bad.
I need music.

After 21 years picking songs apart, producing instrumentals and arranging, etc etc, I find that I can't really hear "songs" any more, not the way I used to. I hear Parts of songs, and I often appreciate the way all the parts function together to form a cohesive whole, but the actual frission of a good song is getting harder to come by as the years pass. It's like I'm looking at designs or blueprints sometimes and can't shake that analytical eye.

See, I want a career in music because I've never not loved music, ever since I was a kid. But I'm scared that once I go into college (very soon) I'm gonna regret it as my passion has become labor.

And THAT is the tricky part of entering any creative field, user. I suggest you identify the core precepts and experiences that you find rewarding in music and actively separate them from the appeal of entertainment or art in general. Keep those ideals in a safe place, let them guide your work, but don't actually take them out and enjoy them until everyone's asleep or you're surrounded by like minded folks.

who's the semen demon?

I definitely don't have as much interest in composing as I used to, but that's honestly just indicative of my own laziness.
I'm still constantly interested in music as a whole though, I couldn't imagine that ever not being the case.

I think the best way to approach this is, don't go in with the primary thought of "music will be my labor". Pursue it ultimately as something you enjoy doing, and if it becomes your career as a consequence then that's a great thing.

music still holds a high point in my exisance, and drinking a bottle of red and listening to a 24/192 rip of an 80s album i never heard before keeps me alive. Todays medication was johny hates jazz

But on a more serious not i used to smoke alot of weed every day and ever since i stopped i find it impossible to listen to drum and bass anymore. Which sucks because i invested alot in it...

>Agatha
I wait for your album.

I still listen to music a lot but I wait caring about playing and writing. Such a shame cause I was one hell of a guitarist. But with my current career path there's no time and not much point

she looks so much better with longer hair.

I stopped caring about anything... except you, user.

I got into music at about 13-14 with radiohead and nirvana (i somehow missed all the emo and pop punk popular with my gen), my music obsession has only developed and gotten more passionate in the 6 years ive been listening to stuff

>pic related discovered this year

this so much
i usually put off any obligations i have to sit and zone out to music all day
that doesn't sound healthy now that i think about it a little

i listen to linkin park and jack off

I go through phases where I despise music. I usually feel this way after (ab)using drugs or when I'm mad.

I play guitar and when I'm feeling down I often find I have no motivation to play. Paradoxically, I feel like I make some of my best things when I'm down. Wonder why.

I'm getting a bit tired of listening to music especially since there are no good releases since over a year for me. Currently jumping around between genres which are easy to listen to

ive been passionately into music since i was like 13. there was a few years break when i didnt really look for new music for me or listen to old faves that much, that was when i was about 20. but that passed. i turned to music again in a time of need. now im 27. so it may come and go but its always there i suppose

She always keeps me coming back

youtu.be/p36dWRHUsCw

I don't think I've ever not cared about music, I started playing piano at 5 or 6, can't remember. It's always been a part of me, in a way, in some ways more than others. I've never lost interest in it.

Music is all I have