The Simpsons have been renewed for a 29th and 30th season

>The Simpsons have been renewed for a 29th and 30th season
WHY WON'T THIS FUCKING SHOW DIE FUCK

why do you have such an emotional stake in this?

Because what was once the best television show ever made is now beyond total shit and should have ended 15 years ago

I swear if someone says zombie Simpsons one more time in over of these threads...

Lol

Americans are so fucking money grubbing. they can't end a series until it's no longer profitable.

>The Simpsons has been garbage longer than it was ever good
How is that even statistically possible? Do they just keep making it because people are accustomed to it always being on the air?

because fat americans still watch it

Homer: Little Theo, you grew up before our eyes.
Bart: Hey Dad, how come they're taking The Cosby Show off the air?
Homer: Because Mr. Cosby wanted to stop before the quality suffered.
Bart: Quality, shmuality! If I had a TV show I'd run that sucker down to the ground!
Homer: Amen, boy. Amen.

And this affects you...how???

What is dead may never die

Its a Zionist plot

There really is not much competition for a sunday night cartoon.

Think of it as watching your best friend slowly die of cancer.

Who will die first? Queen Lizard or The Simpsons?
Place your bets now!

>tfw even if a major character VA dies, the show will continue

you mean, the simpsons is just going to get thinner and thinner until it's bedridden and it's lips pull back up past it's teeth so it litterally looks like a skeleton and can't speak anymore, but only lie there and look at you and you dont even know if it can see anymore and then the inevitable happens and you sit there next to it and feel it's hand grow cold in yours?

If the show ended when Phil Hartman died, it would probably have been considered the greatest and most consistent show (certainly animated show at least) of all time.

The last episode Hartman appeared in was in Season 10.

OP, it hurts. The show is just a show at this point. It legit stopped being watchable somewhere between 13 to 15, and it was all downhill from there.

I guess as long as Fox continues to give them the green light, they'll keep making new episodes.

Pretty much spot on

Season 1-10 was your grandfather telling you funny, heartwarming stories from his rich life.
Season 10-20 was your grandfather gradually losing his mind to dementia, making less and less sense
Season 20-25 was your grandfather in the nursing home, his mind completely lost, capable only of sustaining his own life, shitting himself regularly and without the dignity of a human being
Season 25-30 is a bloated corpse, rotting in the sun, being feasted on by maggots

>Normies are the reason The Simpsons are still profitable and popular

Simpsons still have a huge following on social media. And we live in an age where if you have a massive social media presence, you're beyond profitable. Just look at The Simpsons Facebook page. 90 to 95% of the comments are people cheering that The Simpsons is being renewed for two more seasons. Normies are literally the only group that's keeping Simpsons alive and profitable. Normies ruin every fucking thing

>Family Guy is more enjoyable than The Simpsons now
How times have changed

Post favorite characters

I mean you could just watch the episodes you like and not the ones you don't.... I still watch the new ones semi regularly, no it's not 90s quality but it's something else to do sundays at 7 other than crying myself to sleep thinking about going to work the next day and realizing the fact that every day I'm getting older and eventually I'm going to die most likely alone after a long and disappointing life that I can only really blame on myself due to my poor self confidence and general apathy towards society even though I want nothing more than to fit in. I mean Simpsons sucks hahaha...

having gout pain is literally more enjoyable than the simpsons now

>all of zombie simpsons has just been an elaborate joke
10/10 Groening does it again.

Don't watch

who cares, I must have stopped around the time Mr Burns got shot

havn't any of the voice actors died?

>Only 1/3 of the show is good now

ouch

Quick everyone post what you think was the last best season of the simpsons before it turnd to shit

yuropoors are such simple plebs they fall for the hollywood jew portrayals

I love how often yurocucks talk at AMERILORDS about themselves, so obsessed with us XD

The Simpsons should have ended after the Frank Grimes episode

Julie Kravner, the voice of Edna died a year back

>Season 10-20
At most 10-13

7 is the last absolute pure kino
8 starts showing signs of poor episodes
9 has more bad than good episodes
10 it's ogre

I'd say season 8 is the last season worth watching, although there are good episodes up to season 10 and the halloween specials stay solid for even longer.

You are now aware there that are now more bad episodes than good of the Simpsons.

Thirteen's tree house is really good but it dips in quality right after and nothing is redeemable.

This should be a Sup Forums banner.

>people now watching the simpsons were born after it went to shit
Really forces you to ponder

the simpsons has always been good, it is you who has become a zombie

Is there another show in history where it has lasted 20 years past expiry date?

Seriously, at least 20 abysmal season, that's a record in itself.

julie kavner is marge, you mean marcia wallace

I'd say 6 is the last really solid season, as in most episodes are good to great and most people would think few to none of them are bad (ignoring that shitty clipshow anyway).

The next few seasons after that are really spotty in quality, with some legitimately bad episodes compared to the stuff before and some decent stuff, but the decent stuff still not coming close to the show at its best. Like, even though I'm sure the season it came from isn't good, Behind the Laughter is fine. I think there's even a few episodes I like from around seasons 12/13 even though the rest of them aren't good either. Still a few good/okay episodes after Season 6, even though the show wasn't consistently on that level is what I'm getting at.

Past a certain point it eventually just becomes all bad episodes, maybe not offensively bad but just stuff you'd never feel the need to watch again, and then further past that point it does actually become unwatchable if you liked the show it all. I've heard recently it's more just average-bad again but I wouldn't know.

same thing happened to green day

aging sucks man

I literally don't know anybody excited about the Simpsons. It's all about Bojack and bob's burgers these days

HAVE NO FEARS, WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS.

30 is a round number which pleases my autism, Americans are wasting money on shit even stupider than zombie simpsons so lets get priorities in order

This isn't the YMCA

4 is the last absolute pure kino
5 starts showing signs of poor episodes
7 has more bad than good episodes
9/10 it's ogre

relax, 30 is a good round number to end it on...

>season 5 has bad episodes

>Dude, why do you care about television.

It's almost like were on a board called "Sup Forums - Television & Film".

Eurotrash can't even HAVE a TV-show unless it's paid for by the fucking tax-payer.

literally the very first episode

you got dubs though

I'm seeing this constantly, younger lads who can appreciate the simp, but recoil against "meme" episodes.

let it go user, don't hate things by association.

>Simpsons still have a huge following on social media.

Do they? Don't they keep reaching record-low ratings?

I don't keep up with them.

wtf is a meme episode?

>tfw Simpsons has been an objectively bad show for years now

i actually don't understand what that means.

Say what you will about Futurama but at least it ended to restart itself again with that finale.

I stayed up for first 3 days watching the every Simpson's marathon on FXX until I said fuck it. If FXX was to air it in order instead of themed episodes I'd probably watch it from the start as background noise.

How was this year's Treehouse of Horror?

not them and I think it's a decent episode, but if homer/skinner/apu etc. all knowing each other closely in the past and being in a band and winning awards and selling records nationwide etc. isn't as dumb or as much of a retcon as whatever later bullshit that's complained about when bitching about new simpsons, I don't know what is

could be argued that this set the tone for nothing mattering in the show anymore, things being changed at a whim, etc.

but lol beatles parody

they have one of those mobile micro transaction games, which i'm sure makes shit buckets. the show, at this point could just be advertising for that

I like the Simpsons. I used to watch it when I was a kid with my parents, and now that my parents have passed on, it provides me fond memories of them.

Besides the Frank Grimes episode, the episodes where they travel are GOAT.

>implying you can prove me wrong

>SOME MODERATE GODZILLA-RELATED TURBULENCE

this was not a treehouse of horror episode

Season 8

what's the most recent ""good"" episode?
i thought the cruise episode was pretty good, by the current standards, especially the ending. almost felt like an older episode for a moment

Why are you like this?

Real talk.

I know most of us stopped watching Simpson's years ago.
Are there enough viewers out there to warrant Simpsons for MORE seasons?
Are the ratings still good or what?
Does Fox make any money from having more Simpsons?

the episode where bart and lisa becomes best friends is pretty good

reminds me of old eps

any episode that is very famous for having a memorable but often ridiculous theme and is very easily quotable

>radioactive man
>homer joins the navy
>frank grimes

even Flames Moes and Burs Verkrafen der Kraftwerk are early S3 episodes.

I thought the guy who voices Moe and Flanders and a few other characters said this was his last season and he was going to bring the show down by quitting and leaving a dozen characters unvoiced

Guess who likes those dubs

They'll just find people who can do impressions of the characters

why is JD andrew garfield?

I watched an episode of one of the newer post season 13 episodes to see how the quality had fallen and it was all about Moe making an elaborate lie for how Homer wasn't around, when he had actually been killed, by singing a song about Homer going on a gay sex tourist trip around the world.

Who the hell is this show even for anymore?

Nah, he came back and wasn't replaced. And since (so far) we haven't heard of anything similar happening recently, it seems he signed the contract for Season 30 like the other voice actors.

I'm pretty sure that was a Halloween episode.

Not that it wasn't shit, but at least for once they had an excuse for doing that kind of thing.

>Oh sweet, the simpsons is on next
>See new intro
>Change channel

he reportedly said it was over the show taking up too much of his time, but i think everyone knows the show is shit now. he probably just sits at home and records lines over the phone

Zombie Simpsons

Daily reminder that the current director doesn't know anything about anything

He's ONE of the current ANIMATION directors who's been with the show since Season 2, directed Last Exit to Springfield, was not involved with the episode quoted in the screenshot, and has nothing to do with the writing of the show in any capacity anyway. Don't blame directors or animators or even voice actors; blame writers/showrunners.

This meme needs to die and the Reddit Simpsons crowd are morons who'd rather circlejerk over Simpsons quotes than ask someone involved with what's supposedly their FAVORITE SHOW EVER about his career, which would actually be interesting and original, and then shit on him when he doesn't play along.

>Say what you will about Futurama but at least it ended to restart itself again with that finale.

In the end I think the best thing which could have happened to Futurama was their constant battle with the networks. It forced them to end the show in a dignified, satisfying way rather than keep it going like a bunch of fucking hacks.

If they hadn't been essentially forced to draw a line under it, we'd be talking about zombie Futurama today and the number of bad episodes would be close to outnumbering the good ones.

>its a shit tier Simpsons episode

I don't really know what constitutes a bad episode of Futurama. If I was forced to pick I'd say the Amy implanted on Fry's body or the one with Fry and Lela at the romantic getaway but the planet of the apes made up for it.

this

truly ahead of its time.

Some of the central Zoidberg ones kind of sucked. And there were quite a few more forgettable ones since the revival, in the last two seasons. You could see the quality was dipping for sure but yeah, overall it remained great.

first post best post

who fucking cares?

>more bad episodes than good
It's a bad show guys time to move on. Just let it go

Kill it already pls.

gr8 b8 m8

I liked the one where he gets a chick that couldn't smell but for some reason I barely remember that one with the baghead actor.

The robo fox and Davinci episode was pretty bad and I can't really explain why I felt that way.