I need to entertain a bunch of 11-15 yo kids with experiments fir a bit...

I need to entertain a bunch of 11-15 yo kids with experiments fir a bit. do any or you have cool experiments I can entertain their simple minds with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlP2c1ZtcJU
youtube.com/watch?v=28TIyWdfxxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

see this post

Do the one with pineapple juice and banana DNA

Seems legit.

thats pretty cool actually thanks

I expected this but not as first post thanks for still surprising me

First off, you're probably not looking for "experiments". You're looking for "demonstrations".

Experiments involve controlling variables to learn something. You probably just want to demonstrate something already known, because 11-15 year olds have no fucking patience for experiments.

I recommend showing them something dangerous. A bunch of people panic and think "if you show a kid how to make a bomb, they'll blow up the school!" or "they'll lose their hand!" or some shit. But not only does it introduce them to dangerous things (which exist in the world so lying and hiding it won't help them when they're older) but it shows you trust them and gives an example of an adult approaching dangerous things in a safe way.

Some fun tricks:

>Empty a water bottle, fill the bottle about 1/3 with toilet bowl cleaner, drop in aluminum foil and tightly close the cap, then toss it a safe distance away (roughly 10-15 feet) and wait. Within a minute or two it'll explode
>Take a large and empty container (3 gallon jug or the like) and fill it with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. About a tablespoon per gallon. Shake up the bottle really well to help the alcohol evaporate, then drop in a lit match. There's a huge puff of fire
>A very simple one -- pass your hand quickly through the fire of a match. If you move fast enough, the match doesn't have time to heat up your skin so it doesn't burn
>Put out a candle by covering it with a glass

If I think of more I'll post

vinegar and baking soda
>and/or
toothpick fork trick
youtube.com/watch?v=GlP2c1ZtcJU
>and/or
suck egg through bottle
youtube.com/watch?v=28TIyWdfxxc

build pepes

Let’s not murder children, you fuck.

Are those them cool ammonia crystals? Hahahaha I lung how deadly those are! A single breath of the toxic gas and goodbye lungs tehehehe trololo xD

This thread clearly has potential.

Cornstarch and water. About 50/50. Makes a weird colloid.

oooh yo thanks, the aluminum foil and toilet bowl cleaner was one we had noted already.
the other look interesting thanks

All I got.
Don't know how interested 11-15 year olds will be in this stuff. 11-15 I was smoking weed and trying to get laid.
Orgy not an option?

boiling sugar water i think makes rock candy which they can then eat.

Making a tesla coil is always fun. If you prefer to play on the safe side, just tape two wires to opposite ends of a AA battery and slowly bring them near one another. You can watch the electricity arc through the air when they get close.

If you want to play a bit of a prank on them (and teach them a lesson in safety at the same time), have them touch a 9-volt battery to their tongue

You can also get a quick surprise from kids by filling a glass with vinegar. Looks just like water until you smell it.

Light bulbs light up if put in a microwave. Make sure you buy a $20 microwave at Good will or something in case something goes wrong, and always wear protective goggles

Repeatedly putting rubber bands on a watermelon will eventually impose enough pressure to make it explode

If you can get hold of pure sodium, toss it in a nearby creek or pond and watch the water works

For a more arts-and-crafty style, you can build a flame thrower with a water gun and a tube lighter

This one I heard, but haven't tried myself. I'd do some research before trying it. I've heard paint thinner burns at a very low temperature, so you can cover your hand in it and light your hand on fire and it won't hurt. Have a bucket of water on hand just in case.

yo you're one of the coolest people that responded to me ever thanks a lot for these

Glad I could help. I'll look around for some additional ideas

Social experiment.
Make them choose which one of them you rape.

Make one of them watch.

Record results.

make some fucking black snakes or some shit

idk put some drops of potassium permangate in a gasoline coated glass container, seal it and throw.
and try not to kill anyone

Check out Melscience on Facebook or Instagram.

He said he wants to entertain kids, not getting convicted for manslaughter.

Yeah, better not make chloramine gas and fucking kill everyone

tide pods taste test challenge

Ferrofluids

Whats your budget? Do you have access to a chem or bio lab or stock rooms? Are you trying to focus on any particular type of science?
>freeze stuff with liquid nitrogen
>make liquid nitrogen ice cream
>Extract DNA from strawberries
>make tine foil boat and see who's can hold the most pennies
>dry ice + soapy water = smoke filled bubbles
>Build molecules or crystal structures or just simple structures with candy/marshmallows and tooth picks

Look up harads fountain on you tube, 2 plastic bottles and some straws and silicone or hotmelt glue, pretty cool project.

Mix bleach and vinegar

>First off, you're probably not looking for "experiments". You're looking for "demonstrations".

someone thinks he's smart.
fuck off to le reddit

It's not as dangerous, but you can do some cool things with ice and bottles of water. Ice can't crystallize without an impurity for the first crystals to latch on to, and ice expands as it freezes. This means you can do things like:

>Instantly freeze water by touching it
>Make a bottle of water explode in the freezer
>etc

Similarly, anything that's dissolved in water but wants to crystallize will hunt for an impurity. Boil water and super-saturate it with sugar, then let it cool down. When you dip a stick into the water, sugar magically appears out of nowhere and clings to the stick.

Back to the dangerous stuff, using penne pasta as a tube and fire starter you can create simple rocket engines. You just need to provide an oxidizer, like yeast.

Teaching how to make at-home weaponry can be fun, as well. Some PVC pipe, a rubber band, and a nail makes for a surprisingly effective gun. Using any at-home explosive (like the toilet bowl cleaner + aluminum foil) with a properly-fitted PVC pipe and a tennis ball can make a make-shift canon.

You can also boil water in a paper bag. The water dampens the bottom of the bag, so the bag won't catch on fire. But the pressure as the water heats up prevents the water from leaking out of the bag.