He thinks accesibility is a bad thing

>he thinks accesibility is a bad thing

>he's still in his "i hate pop" phase

>he hasn't accepted Dick Dale as his lord and savior

>he thinks accessibility is a good thing

>the thinks he's better than you for listening to pop

>he disregards an entire genre on superfluous grounds, and doesn't think he's worse for it

>mfw I've come full circle
>mfw used to hate pop
>gave it a chance
>tried to be open-minded and diverse
>"lol disregarding entire genres is dumb"
>mfw realized that it was actually shit
>mfw realized that pretending to like everything actually made me a huge tryhard
>mfw I was right the first time
Pop sucks. So does hip-hop. You'll stop caring about it once you turn 20. If you still listen to pop and hip-hop in your 20s, that's fucking embarrassing.

>loved dad rock when I was really young
>try hard in highschool with edgy music
>move on to experimental crazy underground music in college
>now I genuinely enjoy poppy music and have come back around to enjoying dadrock again
It takes talent to be catchy and listenable

Hiphop yes, pop is too general of a classification to disregard entirely

>be me
>edgy kid
>think I listen to cool and experimental music
>grow up
>realize I was listening to pop the whole time
Fuck me

bugs...

i was seriously a radiohead baby
I thought i listened to experimental music

>he thinks, therefore he is

Nice spook

I like plenty of accessible bands. the ones YOU listen to are shit though. capisce?

when you grow up you'll realize pop and hip hop are good again. you're just a late grower. i'm much further on the music phases than you

I happen to surpass all of you because I simply enjoy anything.

>He ignores the fact that popular music is formulaic shallow shit

Fuck off you don't know me

who cares if it's shallow tho? you've never been entertained by a fun dumb movie?

But why would you watch a dumb movie if you could use this time to maybe watch the best movie you've ever seen? We don't get younger, so why waste our time with mediocre shit instead of shit which blows us away?

why are you here on Sup Forums? this is a very shallow site with so much shitposting than effortful content. why aren't you reading academic journals right now instead?

>not going through a cycle of hating and loving pop every few years, with each phase more intense than the last

this is a true post

i don't listen to pop because i don't really enjoy it, it *sounds baad*
pop died in the 90s when alternative was co-opted and everything went fully corporate and top-down
nowadays pop is literal musical fast food
like its ok to eat a mc d's every now and again but its still a mc d's

Because you should just do what you want and watch what you enjoy.

"Big Dick" Dale, the most based man to walk this Earth

Making an alright pop song isn't hard, the true challenge is making a great pop song that is actually musically interesting. Very few have achieved that.

I no longer think. While listening to anything I come to Sup Forums, create a thread about it, tally whether the responses are generally positive or negative, and then claim the majority opinion as my own.